Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    i counted 3 clear breakaways and 2 partial breakaways that Savory stopped. i think this was one of his best games and he showed incredible poise and communication with his defensive pairs. Has to be at least player of the game and perhaps ECAC goalie of the week. He has now had 2 consecutive shutouts and has not been scored upon for over 120 minutes. Tried to find the RPI record for consecutive shutouts and consecutive minutes unscored upon but had no luck this morning. I suspect they are all during the Laing years. Ralph or anyone have these stats and where does this streak stand in RPI history??
    I assume that you mean most consecutive shutouts by a single goalie, not the team. I don't know unless it was listed when we had a yearbook.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FlagDUDE told me that Joel Laing still has the record at 180:18 and that he had a streak going into the playoffs in the 99-00 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I assume that you mean most consecutive shutouts by a single goalie, not the team. I don't know unless it was listed when we had a yearbook.
        Exactly. Finding out team shutouts is easier. I still think it is Joel Laing but I would like to see if I can find a list of the top ten streaks but would be satisfied if i found even the top 5.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
          FlagDUDE told me that Joel Laing still has the record at 180:18 and that he had a streak going into the playoffs in the 99-00 season.
          I trust any stats i can get from FlagDUDE! He had almost always been spot on.

Comment

Some very early numbers to think about for next week. RPI listed as a 56% top 32% favorite over Brown with the most predicted score being 2-1 RPI. Really unusual for us to be a road favorite! As far as the Yale game it is really being called a pick'em with RPI a 45% to 43% edge and the most predicted score at 3-3.
            These number can change some as this is the earliest I have been able to obtain any line. If we somehow can manage at least a 3 point weekend I would expect we can move up from our roughly #43 ranking. Obviously with the way the pairwise works, we would not get much credit for wins over such also low ranked teams but might gain a bit by the games being on the road. Sure seems that nationally we are not going to be able to climb much the rest of the regular season so that our best hope is to simoly get the highest we can in the ECAC and at least get to lake Placid.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              I trust any stats i can get from FlagDUDE! He had almost always been spot on.
              Here is an old article about ECAC goalie shutout streaks: https://dailygazette.com/article/200...2/hkcnotes_222. Laing streak mentioned

Comment

Over on the Colgate thread, lots of praise from out of town 'gate fans for RPI TV broadcast.

Comment

Saturday's postgame interviews https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pInbttHubnU.
                  Highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG0jCrgZA5I
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                    Over on the Colgate thread, lots of praise from out of town 'gate fans for RPI TV broadcast.
                    Thanks to RPI and RPITV for making last nights game available with no jumping through hoops involved. Good video, good announcing, and good production values.....if only every school would follow your example.
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                      Here is an old article about ECAC goalie shutout streaks: https://dailygazette.com/article/200...2/hkcnotes_222. Laing streak mentioned
                      Thanks David for the interesting article. I had been pretty sure that Laing had the longest streak. Was only trying to see where Savory sits in this stat in RPI hockey history. I just do not recall many goalies pull off over 2 shutouts consecutively (other than Laing). I recall the game mentioned in which Laing came within just over a minute of reaching the record.

Comment

A tweet which doesn't answer DrD's question but is on topic.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            A tweet which doesn't answer DrD's question but is on topic.

Good old Bill Sack. I remember that, after he graduated, he frequently returned to Field House as a referee for freshman games.

'65 was his class year. The back-to-back shutouts occurred in January 1964, when he beat St. Lawrence, 1-0 and Princeton, 6-0.

I remember seeing him shut out Colgate that February, 3-0, a result which sounds strangely familiar just now.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                              Good old Bill Sack. I remember that, after he graduated, he frequently returned to Field House as a referee for freshman games.

'65 was his class year. The back-to-back shutouts occurred in January 1964, when he beat St. Lawrence, 1-0 and Princeton, 6-0.

I remember seeing him shut out Colgate that February, 3-0, a result which sounds strangely familiar just now.
                              I used to see Sack at the Field House at games for many years after he graduated. It has been ages, however, since I last saw him.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                                Thanks to RPI and RPITV for making last nights game available with no jumping through hoops involved. Good video, good announcing, and good production values.....if only every school would follow your example.
                                Hmmm. I wonder if we could use this as a recruiting tool. Get some grade A recruits to come to RPI because we have the best TV in college hockey. Certainly wouldn’t hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X