Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    "Machst du Spaß?" would be better. Not necessarily correct, but better.
    Ralph, how can I modify my keyboard for full German characters?
    Last edited by fr. joe; 01-09-2020, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      "Machst du Spaß?" would be better. Not necessarily correct, but better.
      More idiomatic

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
        There is a way, but switching between the two would drive me nuts, so I just use a word processor and cut and paste.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
          If you're on Windows:

http://www.irongeek.com/alt-numpad-a...and-chart.html

You'll want ä (0228), ö (0246), ü (0252), Ä (0196), Ö (0214), Ü (0220), and ß (0223). While holding Alt, enter the number combination on your NumPad (the thing on the right side of the keyboard that looks like a calculator).

Comment

I think the summary of tonight's game is that Cornell is just a much better team. The goalie change midway through the looked like it had been decided before the game; if it was indeed decided that way, it's an odd approach in a game like this, although may not have made a difference in the end. Not much news comes out of the team about injuries, etc., but some of the mix-and-match lineups don't make sense if they aren't created by injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
              I think the summary of tonight's game is that Cornell is just a much better team. The goalie change midway through the looked like it had been decided before the game; if it was indeed decided that way, it's an odd approach in a game like this, although may not have made a difference in the end. Not much news comes out of the team about injuries, etc., but some of the mix-and-match lineups don't make sense if they aren't created by injuries.
              I figured it was to rouse the team. If so, I think that it served its purpose.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

im hoping with finish 7th or 8th and get home ice for first round. even though our records better on the road. I don't see any scenarios we get higher than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I figured it was to rouse the team. If so, I think that it served its purpose.
                  Smith's comments after the game confirm your sense. But based on the timing of it (a couple minutes after the third goal, rather than immediately after) and watching the body language of Alec and Linden, it gave me a different feeling.

The shot totals continued to converge after the change but that trend was already underway before the switch was made; RPI was already outshooting Cornell 2 to 1 in the second period before Marshall was pulled. This RPI team always hangs in there, but Cornell still looked in command to me; only a handful of RPI shots tested the goaltender in a meaningful way, or were from high-percentage positions. I got the sense Cornell took its foot off the gas a bit too. You just have to tip your hat to Cornell. That is a very good team that is on a different level than RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
                    im hoping with finish 7th or 8th and get home ice for first round. even though our records better on the road. I don't see any scenarios we get higher than that.
                    I think positions 5 through 8 are up for grabs; I don't think there is a huge gap in talent between the teams outside of the top 3 or 4. Home playoffs should definitely be a target for RPI.

Comment

Smith's comments after the game confirm your sense. But based on the timing of it (a couple minutes after the third goal, rather than immediately after) and watching the body language of Alec and Linden, it gave me a different feeling.

The shot totals continued to converge after the change but that trend was already underway before the switch was made; RPI was already outshooting Cornell 2 to 1 in the second period before Marshall was pulled. This RPI team always hangs in there, but Cornell still looked in command to me; only a handful of RPI shots tested the goaltender in a meaningful way, or were from high-percentage positions. I got the sense Cornell took its foot off the gas a bit too. You just have to tip your hat to Cornell. That is a very good team that is on a different level than RPI.
                      Agreed...RPI only gained their zone my guess is less than 10 times with the puck on a stick the rest were all dump in's' there were a few scrums in front of the net that had potential to dirty a few goals in but most were perimeter shots easily handled by Galajda. None of this was unexpected it was Cornell being Cornell they are the #2 team in the country for a reason but I must say the talent gap and size discrepancy was both startling and depressing. Tonight should be a better match up for us.
                      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Great first period for RPI tonight, but were outskated badly in the final two periods. Perhaps ran out of gas after having to expend a lot of energy to keep up with Cornell on Friday. An opportunistic goal in the second and great goaltending prevented a what could have been a really uncomfortable third period. Colgate is offensively challenged; a better team might have punished RPI. Still, a valuable league win and some momentum heading into a weekend with a chance to get to .500 for the season.

Comment

BTW, is Todd Burgess hurt? Would have expected him to dress this weekend.

Comment

Encouraging. Nice opportunities next weekend.

Comment

Great first period for RPI tonight, but were outskated badly in the final two periods. Perhaps ran out of gas after having to expend a lot of energy to keep up with Cornell on Friday. An opportunistic goal in the second and great goaltending prevented a what could have been a really uncomfortable third period. Colgate is offensively challenged; a better team might have punished RPI. Still, a valuable league win and some momentum heading into a weekend with a chance to get to .500 for the season.
                              A good win for RPI. Outside the early breakaway,the D helped Savory by keeping most of the shots to the outside. He certainly did not have to deal with the offensive shots Marshall faced with Cornell. One thing that really impressed me about Savory was the return of his rebound control. Looking ahead, there are lots of chances to pick up standing points in the next month. The truth about this team will be reflected in how many points they can earn these next 5 games. One other point for me: the most impressive player for me this weekend was Ferner. He is really coming into his own.

Comment

i counted 3 clear breakaways and 2 partial breakaways that Savory stopped. i think this was one of his best games and he showed incredible poise and communication with his defensive pairs. Has to be at least player of the game and perhaps ECAC goalie of the week. He has now had 2 consecutive shutouts and has not been scored upon for over 120 minutes. Tried to find the RPI record for consecutive shutouts and consecutive minutes unscored upon but had no luck this morning. I suspect they are all during the Laing years. Ralph or anyone have these stats and where does this streak stand in RPI history??
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X