Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
    Maybe that's how we get the D corps to actually do their job and not depend too much on the goaltender, like what happened last year (along with a few other years), and got burned.
    If they play like they did Friday night, then I'm good with that 😝
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

BIG weekend on tap. If we can roll our momentum from last weekend into somehow upsetting #2 Cornell at HFH, this could be a season-changer...Gonna dust off my RPI jersey and wear it to work this Friday and do my part! LET'S GO RED!!!!!!!

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Time to stuff the ballot box.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We will need a German flag for the HFH rafters in 2022. The women's team has a recruit from there arriving in 2022. See my recent posts on the women's thread.

And she is from Hammelburg which is the town near the prison camp where Hogan's Heroes took place.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-09-2020, 07:00 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              We will need a German flag for the HFH rafters in 2022. The women's team has a recruit from there arriving in 2022. See my recent posts on the women's thread.

And she is from Hammelburg which is the town near the prison camp where Hogan's Heroes took place.
              Maybe we just need a California state flag as that's the closest Colonel Hogan and his heroes ever came to Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                Maybe we just need a California state flag as that's the closest Colonel Hogan and his heroes ever came to Germany.
                It turns out that she is currently playing for the German 18U team at the D1A WJC in Füssen, Germany. As I write this, it is between the first and second periods of the final game vs. Japan with the winner advancing to the top tier next year. It's at Füssen if anyone wants to fall asleep for a while. https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/.../15-jpn-vs-ger (Nina Christof #6 in white)

Anyway, I attended a hockey game in 1977 in Füssen. Clearly, it is a new rink because that one was open at one end and fans were used to blow air to the advantage of the home team. The game was against an Italian team and I was very surprised to see that Dino Serra (RPI '77) was playing for that team.

Let's see, I am talking about an RPI woman recruit and an alum, so this belongs on any RPI thread except this one.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-09-2020, 11:51 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It turns out that she is currently playing for the German 18U team at the D1A WJC in Füssen, Germany. As I write this, it is between the first and second periods of the final game vs. Japan with the winner advancing to the top tier next year. It's at Füssen if anyone wants to fall asleep for a while. https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/.../15-jpn-vs-ger (Nina Christof #6 in white)

Anyway, I attended a hockey game in 1977 in Füssen. Clearly, it is a new rink because that one was open at one end and fans were used to blow air to the advantage of the home team. The game was against an Italian team and I was very surprised to see that Dino Serra (RPI '77) was playing for that team.

Let's see, I am talking about an RPI woman recruit and an alum, so this belongs on any RPI thread except this one.
                  Coach Harkness reportedly had the doors opened on the stage end of the rink for our boys when we were going in the direction so we were skating with the wind. i seem to remember a report that a number of ceiling light bulbs malfunctioned some evenings but only above the visiting goaltender (not sure i believe that one). Even if the stories are not true, legend has it that he did what ever was necessary to gain an advantage and perhaps that extra oxygen won us our first national championship??
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Coach Harkness reportedly had the doors opened on the stage end of the rink for our boys when we were going in the direction so we were skating with the wind. i seem to remember a report that a number of ceiling light bulbs malfunctioned some evenings but only above the visiting goaltender (not sure i believe that one). Even if the stories are not true, legend has it that he did what ever was necessary to gain an advantage and perhaps that extra oxygen won us our first national championship??
                    Those oxygen takes which he used in the 1954 finals were supposedly empty, but the players didn't know that.
                    My recollection about the game which I saw in Füssen was that the fans blew away the fog which developed at the open end when it was it was to the home team's advantage. It's been over 40 years, so my memory needs some fog blown away too.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Based on the teams in that field, D1A is not at the top of the totem pole. How many levels do they have for women's hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                        Based on the teams in that field, D1A is not at the top of the totem pole. How many levels do they have for women's hockey?
                        I am pretty sure that it is 3 levels with this and D1B, which is in parallel, being in the middle level. They advance for next year when she should still be eligible since she is an '03. She was already playing on the national team two years ago as a 14 year old.

What is weird is that Neutral Zone rates her as 2.75 which is not of NCAA D-I quality. I don't subscribe to the women's reports anymore so I can't read her reviews.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                          What is everyone Füssen over this for?
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            What is everyone Füssen over this for?
                            I just am hoping she brings over some fine Riesling or Kirschwasser!!
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              I just am hoping she brings over some fine Riesling or Kirschwasser!!
                              Du spass machen?

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                                Du spass machen?
                                "Machst du Spaß?" would be better. Not necessarily correct, but better.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X