Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I think that he should start one of the two games to stay in form.
    I agree. I don't think that you could find a goalie anywhere who would say that they wanted 2 weeks between games (barring injury of course). At the NHL level most goalies want two games a week to stay sharp.

Comment

I am in agreement with those who think he should start one game. It'll keep him in form while also not asking too much, so he can stay fresh down the stretch. I expect Savory to go on Friday and Calvaruso to go on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyFanClub View Post
        control of sales doesn't change ... the conferences just get the revenue, or a large cut.
        The league does set mandatory minimums on pricing that they receive. The schools are permitted to go above this if the price point had been as such throughout the regular season. This pays for the teams' travel and lodging, along with the referees, and other incidentals related to the administration of the tournament.

Comment

This week's Talkin' Neers podcast: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3VM...Shy-SZHsYGvqGA

One thing I noted was that Dave Smith said that Western Michigan is not making a return trip to RPI. This is a one year thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
            This week's Talkin' Neers podcast: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3VM...Shy-SZHsYGvqGA

One thing I noted was that Dave Smith said that Western Michigan is not making a return trip to RPI. This is a one year thing.
            For the previous podcasts, it was not necessary to register for Spotify. Is there a way to do that again? if not, how much junk am I going to get in my mailbox if I register and supply the info which they want? I have become hesitant in registering for things which want my DOB, etc.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              For the previous podcasts, it was not necessary to register for Spotify. Is there a way to do that again? if not, how much junk am I going to get in my mailbox if I register and supply the info which they want? I have become hesitant in registering for things which want my DOB, etc.
              I have a registered Spotify account and I don’t think I get too many junk emails. You should still be able to find it on SoundCloud by searching Talkin neers, and you don’t need to register for SoundCloud. Not sure if you need to register on iTunes but it’s there too

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                I have a registered Spotify account and I don’t think I get too many junk emails. You should still be able to find it on SoundCloud by searching Talkin neers, and you don’t need to register for SoundCloud. Not sure if you need to register on iTunes but it’s there too
                Thanks. It works fine at sound cloud.

Actually the only problems I have ever had are two stolen government data sets when I worked for the federal government. There were about ten attempts to set up credit cards using my info, all nipped in the bud, but a pain nevertheless.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
                    I bet savory just gets 1 start this weekend I want to save him for ecac play thoughts?
                    RPI is in better position than in 4 years. This weekend is a good chance (last chance?) to play everyone and reward their hard work this year (#3,#27,#7,#13,#25,#39,#1,#38). Play 4 each night.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
                      RPI is in better position than in 4 years. This weekend is a good chance (last chance?) to play everyone and reward their hard work this year (#3,#27,#7,#13,#25,#39,#1,#38). Play 4 each night.
                      A few of those might be injured.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
                        Agree. These next two games are not totally unimportant. But they mean so much less than the last 6 of the regular season which are all league game with 4 on the road. Good chance to give some others time to get into game mode on the chance they maybe are called upon for whatever reason at crunch time in the last of the in season games or the long playoff run which we are all hoping for!!
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

It is possible, however unlikely, that if we were to win out the regular season, that we would find ourselves in 16th in the Pairwise. Obviously that means that we're still on the outside looking in, pending the results of the conference tournaments. If we lose just one game, we're headed toward a #25 finish on average, and a bottom-half finish if we lose two (again, changes from the conference tourneys notwithstanding).

I guess the point I'm making here is that while this weekend isn't absolutely without consequence, it's much more important to do what we can to put ourselves in position to win the ECAC title, which may include giving some players a game off in Michigan. You have to weigh risk of injury against keeping momentum going and the morale boost one or two more non-con wins could provide.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
                                The league does set mandatory minimums on pricing that they receive. The schools are permitted to go above this if the price point had been as such throughout the regular season. This pays for the teams' travel and lodging, along with the referees, and other incidentals related to the administration of the tournament.
                                Thanks for putting it more accurately/precisely. That type of minimum is going to hurt HFH attendance for ECAC tournament games, at least relative to the regular season ticketing practices.

Comment

Working...
                                X