Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by bgtrpi View Post
    John Harvard's Harvard Square location closed in 2019.
    Darn. Guess I'll try Grendels, the Boathouse or something else then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Anyone want to comment as to which of these titles they prefer? Additional suggestions are also fine.
      Although I like the first one, I am concerned that it could jinx the team. Actually Coach Smith will probably go to LP whether or not we go. The second one implies that the team would go to LP, but it is not written as a certainty.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Mr. Smith Goes to Lake Placid
      RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Looking to be Playing Past the Ides of March
      I like the first one myself. I could see other possibilities like:

- Miracle 2020: RPI returns to Lake Placid.
      - Smith: Searching for RPI's next Corona - and it's going viral.

Comment

Or....

RPI 2020: Hoping Smith gets a Corona before we all die

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
          I can't get to Harvard tonight, but I am going to Dartmouth tomorrow. Hoping that's a game for 3rd or 4th place, and not 5th!

Come say hi, I’ll be up in the press box, but will be around at some point
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Good luck to the lads tonight ! Hope they can steal a win in Cambridge and make things interesting down the stretch !! GO RED
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
              Come say hi, I’ll be up in the press box, but will be around at some point
              Will try and find you. We try and get there when the gates open to the public. I can't remember if it is 5:30 or 6pm up there.

Comment

The Rensselaer Alumni Association News reports that the D.C./Baltimore chapter is planning a get-together for next Saturday night to watch RPI's men's hockey team play in the first round of the ECAC tournament.

Guess nobody told them our team is still in the running for a first-round bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  As I was writing the previous post, it dawned on me that Coach Smith has a good chance of winning ECAC CotY which would be the first time that an RPI coach has won. It has been won by a coach for all of the other teams in the past.
                  After tonight's win, there's no question that Dave Smith should be Coach of the Year. No one in the ECAC wants to play the Engineers right now.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                    After tonight's win, there's no question that Dave Smith should be Coach of the Year. No one in the ECAC wants to play the Engineers right now.
                    Agree with the statement about our coach. Should be clear cut winner of coach of the year. But i think Yale and Cornell having swept us this year would still be unafraid to play us. We are a team that is getting better each weekend (in league play anyway). But, we are still not quite fighting for the top spot just yet. With a hot Savory in net, we are capable of beating anyone. 5 shutouts this year!! But we are still a team that scores 2 goals+ per game and tonight scored 1 goal until we had an empty net to shoot at. We just cannot expect a shutout every game and with our offensive production a bit modest, that is exactly what we may need some nights.
                    But i absolutely agree with your enthusiasm about the team. They have shown they deserve all the support we can give them and they have definitely become one of the most exciting teams around to watch. I just hope our fans in Troy and the students get to realize this and pack the HFH for our home playoff games. Go Red!!!!
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                      Am on the road returning home. Had to pull overand just say WOW.

On to Dartmouth!

Comment

Cornell has won the Cleary Cup and the first seed in the ECAC Playoffs.

Clarkson has earned a first round bye and will be the 2-seed.

Quinnipiac has earned a first round bye and will be the 3-seed.

RPI has clinched a home-ice playoff series. They can clinch the 4-seed and a first-round bye with a win, a tie and a Harvard loss/tie, or a Harvard loss. They will finish either 4th or 5th.

Harvard has clinched a home-ice playoff series. They can clinch the 4-seed and a first-round bye with a win and an RPI loss/tie, or a tie and an RPI loss. They will finish either 4th or 5th.

Dartmouth has clinched a home-ice playoff series. They can clinch the 6-seed with a win over RPI, a tie and a Yale tie/loss, or a Yale loss AND Colgate loss/tie. They will finish between 6th and 8th.

Yale has clinched a home-ice playoff series. They can clinch the 6-seed with a win over Quinnipiac and a Dartmouth loss/tie, OR a tie and a Dartmouth loss. They will finish between 6th and 8th.

Colgate has clinched a home-ice playoff series. They can clinch the 6-seed with a win AND losses by Dartmouth and Yale. They will finish between 6th and 8th.

Brown will finish 9th and travel to the 8-seed (Colgate, Yale, or Dartmouth) next weekend.

Union will finish 10th and travel to the 7-seed (Yale, Colgate, or Dartmouth) next weekend.

Princeton will finish 11th and travel to the 6-seed (Dartmouth, Yale, or Colgate) next weekend.

St. Lawrence will finish 12th and travel to the 5-seed (Harvard or RPI) next weekend.

Tiebreakers
                        RPI-HRV: RPI finishes 4th (2nd tiebreaker).

DRT-YU: DRT finishes 6th (3rd tiebreaker). (DRT 5, YU 4 with RPI (both playing Top 4 Sat and currently tied), DRT 5, YU 1 with HRV (Sat irrelevant))

DRT-COL: COL finishes 7th (3-1).

YU-COL: YU finishes 7th (2nd tiebreaker).

DRT-YU-COL: COL finishes 6th (5-4-3), DRT finishes 7th (see DRT-YU above), YU finishes 8th.
                        Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

The way I’m seeing it, if RPI wins tomorrow they will have 4th place and a bye. Tied on points, tied head to head w/ Harvard and more wins.

Comment

Originally posted by CLKHockey View Post
                            The way I’m seeing it, if RPI wins tomorrow they will have 4th place and a bye. Tied on points, tied head to head w/ Harvard and more wins.
                            Yes. It only took the Harvard announcers 2 1/2 periods to figure that out. If the teams have identical results tomorrow night and finish tied, the Engineers will win the tie-breaker.

Comment

This team did things tonight that I haven't seen an RPI team do in a while. Playing with lots of confidence, they seem to know where each other is. Can really see how they've grown this year really after that Brown win at home.
                              Great job by Dave Smith and his staff.
                              Off to Dartmouth tommorow!
                              Last edited by DavidSec17; 02-28-2020, 09:29 PM.

Comment

You are spot on. Well done !!! That was meant for realet !!!
                                Last edited by yaledoc; 02-28-2020, 10:11 PM. Reason: Added 3rd sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X