Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Not to doubt anyone else's recollection but how you wrote this is how I remember it. If you had told me in 1981 that we were going to see the team we saw in 83-84 and 84-85 i would have bet the house against it. It all just happened so rapidly! now let's see if lightning can strike again.

Often overlooked is the contribution of Kraig Nienhuis but I am not sure when he arrived in Troy but am sure he left early.
    He started with Oates et al.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Remember that almost all of these medications are now generic and made in various places (often by Ranbaxy and Sun pharmaceuticals). There have been numerous reports of variability in the amount of active ingredient reported in some of these and it is possible that sometimes you might be taking the correct dosage and sometimes not. Any variance in dosage of Lisinopril or HCTZ can cause some problems. Dehydration is of course possible but the medications themselves can be part of the problem. I can relate a personal example of this with these exact medications that caused me to suffer a very similar problem which was not from dehydration.
      I had not yet taken my dosage for the day at the time. I did prior to going to the emergency room, not knowing that could be the problem.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
        Jeesh that sounds like an assessment of the 1983-1990 Edmonton Oilers not a 10 win sub .500 team but hey I hope you right.
        Our group of defensemen is very talented, and they all have different skill sets that I think could mesh well together. Each of them is good enough to be a key piece on a contending team. If they can continue to grow together and play with good structure and discipline, the future is certainly bright at least on defense. I am a bit more wary about our forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
          Our group of defensemen is very talented, and they all have different skill sets that I think could mesh well together. Each of them is good enough to be a key piece on a contending team. If they can continue to grow together and play with good structure and discipline, the future is certainly bright at least on defense. I am a bit more wary about our forwards.
          I am in good agreement with that, although I don't know if I would say very talented, but I am also not concerned for the next two years about our D. We are losing three there this year, but only Reilly plays regularly. Sertti should replace him. Add Davies and hopefully Helsen will be able to play and we should be set. [Edit: very talented is Hammond, Friday, Dark, and Robinson. ]

On the other hand we are losing a large percentage of our offense at the forward position in Polino, Zieky, Marrello, and probably Burgess. There is some talent coming in, but I only see Beaton as being able to contribute as a freshman. Gagnon and McIsaac have good stats but I think it will take time for them to produce. Gagnon has tailed off and McIsaac is a cog in a very good team, not as much of a contributor as Mahshie was on the same team last year. We need improvement from the returnees. Brackett and Schreifels will also contribute before they graduate. (I am not 100% sure either is coming this fall.)
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-22-2020, 06:28 AM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
            i am in good agreement with that, although i don't know if i would say very talented, but i am also not concerned for the next two years about our d. We are losing three there this year, but only reilly plays regularly. Sertti should replace him. Add davies and hopefully helsen will be able to play and we should be set. [edit: Very talented is hammond, friday, dark, and robinson, and pothier. :d ]

on the other hand we are losing a large percentage of our offense at the forward position in polino, zieky, marrello, and probably burgess. There is some talent coming in, but i only see beaton as being able to contribute as a freshman. Gagnon and mcisaac have good stats but i think it will take time for them to produce. Gagnon has tailed off and mcisaac is a cog in a very good team, not as much of a contributor as mahshie was on the same team last year. We need improvement from the returnees. Brackett and schreifels will also contribute before they graduate. (i am not 100% sure either is coming this fall.)
            fyp :d
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Red Army has some big news for all of you today! We have launched our new podcast! This is a weekly podcast with Dave Smith (this weeks inaugural episode also features Mike Gornall). We will be talking everything RPI Hockey and are excited to bring this to the fans. The name of the podcast is "Talkin' Neers", and you can find it on Spotify, SoundCloud and iTunes (I do not believe it is up yet on iTunes, but it will be). We will also always be posting it on our website and blog. http://redarmy.union.rpi.edu/?p=261 (change https to http)

Hope you all enjoy!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3VQ...i6d-ZZUQQwKGno

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                fyp :d
                I don't recall Pothier being a member of that crew.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  Red Army has some big news for all of you today! We have launched our new podcast! This is a weekly podcast with Dave Smith (this weeks inaugural episode also features Mike Gornall). We will be talking everything RPI Hockey and are excited to bring this to the fans. The name of the podcast is "Talkin' Neers", and you can find it on Spotify, SoundCloud and iTunes (I do not believe it is up yet on iTunes, but it will be). We will also always be posting it on our website and blog. https://redarmy.union.rpi.edu/?p=261 (change https to http)

Hope you all enjoy!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3VQ...i6d-ZZUQQwKGno

Thanks
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

John (Jack) Brackett is in the RPI directory, joining Beaton, McIsaac, and Miller. Although it isn't a given, I expect him to come in the fall.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Sorry it took a bit longer but for this weekend RPI is a 54% to 33% favorite with the most likely score being 2-1 RPI. There does not seem to be much interest in this game which comes as no surprise to me. personally would love to see an end to this yearly game to be replaced by some other OOC game.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Boy, I couldn't log in with all these **** ads, but I can now. I hope for a long while. We established who the Baby Bulls were, but who were the Smurfs? I'm assuming we're not talking about Ralph and Turk
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          Boy, I couldn't log in with all these **** ads, but I can now. I hope for a long while. We established who the Baby Bulls were, but who were the Smurfs? I'm assuming we're not talking about Ralph and Turk
                          Neil Hernberg and Terry Butryn, two smaller players who killed penalties together. They also contributed to the offence. They were sophs in 84-85.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-23-2020, 05:07 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Neil Hernberg and Terry Butryn, two smaller players who killed penalties together. They also contributed to the offence. They were sophs in 84-85.
                            Thanks.
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                                Hey.....I’m 5’11” I guess it’s not just me with all the Ads lately. Geesh!
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X