Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    I am sure the volunteer coach Skidmore also helps the goaltenders since he was one when he played
    Paul Skidmore? How do I remember? Just BCause.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Don't get me wrong at all. I was just quoting from a very reliable betting source. I think we showed earlier this year that we can match up well with UMass and I am one who really believes in match ups. Especially if our coach can utilize the advantage of having the last change and getting his personnel out there that he wants against the other team at the proper times. There are some teams that for what ever reason, we just match up poorly against and they are just that much tougher for us. I do think as you do that the size of the ice surface is significant. But I am hoping this is a low scoring tight checking game because I do not see us faring well in a high scoring shootout.
      UMass is ranked 9th and We are ranked 51st I cannot think of any circumstance we would be favored or even a toss up thats just plain nuts. Whether we play them at their rink our rink or in outer space a win would be a significant upset to think otherwise is delusional. Having said that if we can figure that out it would be a major jump start to the second half...here's hoping.
      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So I’m the PA announcer for a HS hockey team, and I play the music as well. They had a tournament this weekend, and since I get to sit in the PA booth, naturally I played “Call me Al.” the RPI affiliated people got a kick out of it.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          So I’m the PA announcer for a HS hockey team, and I play the music as well. They had a tournament this weekend, and since I get to sit in the PA booth, naturally I played “Call me Al.” the RPI affiliated people got a kick out of it.
          Any potential RPI recruits in the bunch? And are these local teams playing?

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            Any potential RPI recruits in the bunch? And are these local teams playing?
            CBA played Canisius. I’ll go out on a pretty secure limb and say there aren’t any D1 quality players from either school.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              CBA played Canisius. I’ll go out on a pretty secure limb and say there aren’t any D1 quality players from either school.
              No, but I believe Canisius is where Hunter MacDonald played last year. People would know better than I. I was talking to the Canisius coach and this is the B team, as the “better” kids from that school play for the Jr Sabres

Edit: CBA also had a kid, Hunter Pemrick, who had over 100 points in his career at CBA, scoring 55 goals. Approximately 20 games per season so his PPG was excellent. I thought he could have been a marginal DI talent with more development, but he is playing DI lacrosse this year.
              Last edited by jericho; 12-28-2019, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Canisius didn't look that bad when RPI played them.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

No, but I believe Canisius is where Hunter MacDonald played last year. People would know better than I. I was talking to the Canisius coach and this is the B team, as the “better” kids from that school play for the Jr Sabres

Edit: CBA also had a kid, Hunter Pemrick, who had over 100 points in his career at CBA, scoring 55 goals. Approximately 20 games per season so his PPG was excellent. I thought he could have been a marginal DI talent with more development, but he is playing DI lacrosse this year.
                  McDonald played for Fairport HS as well as midget with the Rochester Coalition last year. He is still going to school there but no longer plays HS hockey.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Canisius didn't look that bad when RPI played them.
                    This Canisius team could probably give the other Canisius a run for their money. 6-0 so far playing as an independent in NYS section 6

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      McDonald played for Fairport HS last year. He is still going to school there but no longer plays HS hockey.
                      Thank you. It was another McDonald I guess

Comment

Pemerick was a nice player but Bethlehem had Tommy Liebold (2018 POY) with 69 career goals and 136pts career & last year’s POY, Michael Bievenue, with 52 goals in 24 games & 139 career points. Neither is of D1 caliber. Both are now playing jr. hockey. Liebold in the NA3HL with Elmira & Bievenue with CP Dynamo.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Pemerick was a nice player but Bethlehem had Tommy Liebold (2018 POY) with 69 career goals and 136pts career & last year’s POY, Michael Bievenue, with 52 goals in 24 games & 139 career points. Neither is of D1 caliber. Both are now playing jr. hockey. Liebold in the NA3HL with Elmira & Bievenue with CP Dynamo.
                          There is hockey talent in the Capital District, but it is rare to see Division I-caliber players compete as upperclassmen for a Section II program because the league never enjoyed a reputation of having a high level of competition. Better players from Section II schools have been gravitating towards select programs or NEPSAC schools for a long time to get better competition and visibility. I can recall a few players who went directly from a Section II team to NCAA DI, but that was almost 30 years ago when the amateur hockey landscape in the U.S. was a bit different.

Comment

Thank you. It was another McDonald I guess
                            E I E I O

a
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just noticed the game today is 5 PM.

Comment

Kids played hard tonight, didn't give up, and had some very nice scoring plays, but UMass is at a different level in terms of skating an skill. Solid goaltending kept RPI in the game early, as UMass had the first 10-12 shots on goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X