Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Then change it to 8 after tonight!! If we win tonight then 8 would be correct. If we do not, then the number should be 10 of course. Interestingly if we win tonight, we can only afford one more loss. If we lose tonight then we might be able to afford two losses. So, I am one of those who strongly feels the bye is of great help (simply to avoid possibly up to 3 more games in which we could suffer an injury), obtaining the bye means we can only survive having one bad game while losing the bye and having to be seeded 5th allows us to throw in two stinkers. Just some craziness!!!
    Of course, I can figure out the proper number.

As Coach Smith said a while ago, the bye would also help us heal, both players who are out and all of the nicks which players are playing with.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
      Great win last night. I keep repeating myself but I'll say it again. This team is so clearly well coached now compared to the guy who was here before (what was his name again?). One thing that in particular stood out for me was the way the D pairs cover for each other. Every time Harvard seemed to chip a puck by one of them the other was there to cut him off and re-take possession. Saw some decent cycling too with the O. They just take care of the little things so much better. It's team hockey as opposed to 18 individuals just trying to outskate the other team.

Another thing that stood out to me last night was how much better Burgess looks. He looks faster. His ability to possess the puck in the corner while fending off a D man was fun to watch. He seems to have a ton of confidence right now. Probably as much as anyone on the team except perhaps the goaltender. I know he's had a lot of injuries but is it possible he has only now reached full health?
      Another thing that I have wanted to post but never did. It now makes a lot of sense to me as to why Smith kept Babichuk and got rid of just about every other future recruit that Appert left him with. (Some left on their own.)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        OS has moved up to a tie for second.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
          I am fairly certain they are never aware of out of town scores. Most of the time when they are announced in the arena, it's during the intermission. Even when it's not, I doubt the players and coaches pay attention to any in arena announcements during TV timeouts. They probably tune it out because they're so dialed in. There's no way they'd check it in the locker room; knowing Dave and how he is, he'd never allow that in a situation like this
          Any good coaching staff always have someone on staff keeping a watch of out of town scores if it matters. There could be a time because of out of town scores you pull your goalie in a situation that you wouldn't normally do, so you always have to be aware

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            OS has moved up to a tie for second.
            Speaking of which, Savory’s shutout of Harvard last night was the first one by RPI at Harvard since Joel Laing back in 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by 99hockey View Post
              Any good coaching staff always have someone on staff keeping a watch of out of town scores if it matters. There could be a time because of out of town scores you pull your goalie in a situation that you wouldn't normally do, so you always have to be aware
              Maybe in some cases. But certainly not tonight. Since all we need to do is win, that should be their sole focus. The only way the Union-Harvard game matters is if we lose. They should not be paying attention to that score. Let's say they scoreboard watch and Union is winning, so our game wouldn't matter. Do they subconsciously take their foot off the gas? That'd be terrible. No chance this coaching staff has anyone checking scores since it can only be detrimental in this situation

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                Maybe in some cases. But certainly not tonight. Since all we need to do is win, that should be their sole focus. The only way the Union-Harvard game matters is if we lose. They should not be paying attention to that score. Let's say they scoreboard watch and Union is winning, so our game wouldn't matter. Do they subconsciously take their foot off the gas? That'd be terrible. No chance this coaching staff has anyone checking scores since it can only be detrimental in this situation
                They definitely need to keep an eye on the scoreboard tonight. Might need to pull the goalie in a tie game if Harvard has won or is winning handily.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  Mattias will be watching the results of the Union / Harvard game. The goal now is a bye and if they need to match Harvard they will certainly need to know what they are doing. I’m sure the coach will be asking during the period breaks so he knows what he may or may not need to do. Even if they are winning and In control of their own destiny they still need to know what Harvard is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                    They definitely need to keep an eye on the scoreboard tonight. Might need to pull the goalie in a tie game if Harvard has won or is winning handily.
                    Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! I think you could take that as full agreement!!!
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                      Mattias will be watching the results of the Union / Harvard game. The goal now is a bye and if they need to match Harvard they will certainly need to know what they are doing. I’m sure the coach will be asking during the period breaks so he knows what he may or may not need to do. Even if they are winning and In control of their own destiny they still need to know what Harvard is doing.
                      Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! I think you could take that as full agreement!!! Hate to be repetitive but absolutely!!!
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                        Bingo. And at least, if we have to go to overtime, the other game will hopefully be over by then. At least it won't be as crazy as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ83nnODDjs

Comment

Bye now.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Looking at both the Coaches & Media Pre-season Polls the top teams (exception Harvard) finished where predicted. Looking where RPI was predicted by both Polls I nominate Dave Smith ECAC Coach of the Year...... Coaches Poll........ 1. Cornell (8) - 118

2. Quinnipiac (3) - 109

3. Clarkson (1) - 100

4. Harvard - 93

5. Yale - 74

6. Dartmouth - 68

7. Brown - 61

8. Union - 57

9. RPI - 31

9. Princeton - 31

11. Colgate - 29

12. St. Lawrence - 21
                            Media Poll..... 1) Cornell (13) 185 points
                            2) Clarkson, 163 points
                            3) Quinnipiac (1) 162 points
                            4) Harvard (1) 150 points
                            5) Dartmouth (1) 123 points
                            6) Yale 108 points
                            7) Brown 96 points
                            8) Union 86 points
                            9) Colgate 54 points
                            10) RPI 52 points
                            11) Princeton 50 points
                            12) St. Lawrence 19 points
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

The possible opponents in 2 weeks will be, in order: Harvard, Dartmouth, Yale, Colgate, Brown. We face Harvard if they win. We only face Dartmouth if they win and Harvard loses. And so on.

Comment

Wow!!! This has been quite the ride since the Brown game at the Field House. I am just sitting back and enjoying this. The mountains maybe calling our names and let’s answer!!!
                                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Working...
                                X