Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    OTOH, the women were in a deep hole, and they are digging it even deeper.

I would have been happy with a first round home series this year. We've gotten that and can still get a bye, or a first-round series win, or more.
    Early in the season I also would have just been hoping for a first round home ice series. But after New Years, when I began to see the young defense jelling and the play of Savory, I began to dream a bit again. Something I have not done about our team in several years. Still felt the best we could do was perhaps a bit higher seed but still just for home ice in the first round. But the wins against Colgate, Dartmouth and Quinnipiac have me looking for a bit more. Still rather remote chance of a bye but a solid 5th seed is quite a bit more than I thought possible for most of the season.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Considering who lost to my earlier suggestion, I am very much honored. But you have to take into account that i am also very much drunk!
      What was your other suggestion?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Early in the season I also would have just been hoping for a first round home ice series. But after New Years, when I began to see the young defense jelling and the play of Savory, I began to dream a bit again. Something I have not done about our team in several years. Still felt the best we could do was perhaps a bit higher seed but still just for home ice in the first round. But the wins against Colgate, Dartmouth and Quinnipiac have me looking for a bit more. Still rather remote chance of a bye but a solid 5th seed is quite a bit more than I thought possible for most of the season.
        Agree. I was optimistically thinking of a home ice series win to play the number 1 seed.
        Savory with improved defense has thoughts of playing a 4 or 3 seed. Preparation by players
        and coaches have been rewarded.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
            Agree. I was optimistically thinking of a home ice series win to play the number 1 seed.
            Savory with improved defense has thoughts of playing a 4 or 3 seed. Preparation by players
            I haven't seen this much excitement here in 20 years. Even the Pirri/DiAmigo year didn't create this much enthusiasm.
            And while I join in the excitement, I keep telling myself, "one game at a time".
            I just don't want to get ahead of myself.
            On to Harvard.
            LGR
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              I haven't seen this much excitement here in 20 years. Even the Pirri/DiAmigo year didn't create this much enthusiasm.
              And while I join in the excitement, I keep telling myself, "one game at a time".
              On to Harvard.
              LGR
              Read that again, Ralph. It does say "excitement", not "excXement".
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Oof.

Do not agree.
                Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                  Oof.

Do not agree.
                  +1
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Oof.

Do not agree.
                    This deserves a QFT.

Comment

On to Harvard.
                      LGR
                      It's the GelStiX.

Comment

Oof.

Do not agree.
                        I accept that, so I will agree to disagree.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Post count doesn't directly translate into excitement and obviously there are far fewer regular posters here now, but we got 6 threads deep in the 2010-11 season and 5 deep in 2012-13, and that doesn't include pages and pages of discussion in every weekend thread.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            Post count doesn't directly translate into excitement and obviously there are far fewer regular posters here now, but we got 6 threads deep in the 2010-11 season and 5 deep in 2012-13, and that doesn't include pages and pages of discussion in every weekend thread.
                            I suspect that fewer posters is the major contributor.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I suspect that fewer posters is the major contributor.
                              Especially a certain “dude” who frequently posted here.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
                                Personally I don’t like the bye week. To me if your the 1 or 2 seed maybe it’s an advantage. Certainly not at 4. In this instance Finishing 4th would mean a series against Harvard and finishing in 5th would mean the same thing. The only difference is the venue. I think if you asked the team they would prefer the momentum of continuous play vs practice. As sketchy as Harvard has been this season I would want to play them with them in a weeks worth of extra practices and sitting around. But that’s just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X