Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
    I usually get to the FH for Senior Night but I just can't do it this year. Are the ceremonies covered by RPI TV?

The boys have done a great job of playing one game at a time and improving steadily as the season goes on. If they stick to that approach over the next few weeks things will take care of themselves. I really want tonight's points because it guarantees a winning record in conference heading into a tough final weekend road challenge.

That certainly didn't seem possible as we headed into the final seconds of an apparent loss to Brown back in December. Have we had a season with such a clear cut turning point (at least a positive one) as those magical 30 seconds against the Bears?
    I have seen seasons turn on a single game, a single period, and occasionally on a single play. But usually going the other way. Starting off well and then a bust after one loss, one bad period and in fact one bad penalty. But it is difficult to remember a season turn up ward on a few seconds of play like in that Brown game. We did catch fire in 1995 with Tamburro in goal but i do not remember that being after something as dramatic as the Brown game this year. We have come a long way this season but still will have little to show for it until and unless we finish it off well. That starts tonight! Obviously need a win, hopefully without it becoming a nail biter at the end and even more important coming out of it healthy. Go Red!!!!!!!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Slight change in the odds for tonight now 67% to 23% with most probable score RPI 3-2. The win percentage a bit better but the number of goals a bit lower. They have Yale/Colgate a virtual tie at 2-2 with Yale just a slim favorite by a few percentage points.

Comment

Princeton +245
        RPI -335

Pretty good favorites tonight. The boys need to come out with fire again tonight to make sure this isn't the last game they play at the Houston Field House. The seniors especially want to earn more home games with a win on senior night

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
          Princeton +245
          RPI -335

Pretty good favorites tonight. The boys need to come out with fire again tonight to make sure this isn't the last game they play at the Houston Field House. The seniors especially want to earn more home games with a win on senior night
          yes the odds are favorable and Princeton has only won 2 league games (both against the only team below them SLU). But they did tie us and have tied Harvard. We have seen Princeton a couple times this year (including the RPI game down here) and they have been able to stay close and played some team very tough. Hopefully we can come out early and take control and not allow this one to become tense. Tonight just might make next week's road trip a bit more relaxed.

Comment

I usually get to the FH for Senior Night but I just can't do it this year. Are the ceremonies covered by RPI TV?

The boys have done a great job of playing one game at a time and improving steadily as the season goes on. If they stick to that approach over the next few weeks things will take care of themselves. I really want tonight's points because it guarantees a winning record in conference heading into a tough final weekend road challenge.

That certainly didn't seem possible as we headed into the final seconds of an apparent loss to Brown back in December. Have we had a season with such a clear cut turning point (at least a positive one) as those magical 30 seconds against the Bears?
            I remember one of those turning points back in the magical 84-85 season. It was a non-league game against a then Division III opponent in their building in which RPI was trailing 2-1 in the final 90 seconds of the game and the building was as loud as I’ve ever heard in there. Yes, it was Messa Rink and our 12 game winning streak was in serious jeopardy. When John Carter (I believe) scored to tie it up, it just seemed like the air had been let out of the arena. It was just going to be a matter of time when we were going to win it. And course, Carter scored again in OT to do just that. After that, we were not involved in a one-goal game again for the next two months on our way to the NCAA title.

Comment

I don't think that they have been.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  yes the odds are favorable and Princeton has only won 2 league games (both against the only team below them SLU). But they did tie us and have tied Harvard. We have seen Princeton a couple times this year (including the RPI game down here) and they have been able to stay close and played some team very tough. Hopefully we can come out early and take control and not allow this one to become tense. Tonight just might make next week's road trip a bit more relaxed.
                  Doc knows Princeton. And we've had plenty of tough nights against them, even when their record has been poor.

I've wondered if part of our success against the ECAC since January has been that we've been overlooked by some of our opponents. That we 'caught them by surprise.' Let's not do the same with Princeton. We must respect our opponent and play our game.

Comment

That was a must win, and we did it. OK, pretty much everything now is "must-win".

With SLU doing us a solid, we are now within striking distance of the bye. If we sweep the weekend, or at least beat Harvard and then have the same result against Dartmouth as Harvard has against Union, we get the bye based on number of wins. Quinnipiac and Union are presently in overtime, so we'll see what happens there, but we don't have control over that comparison (although again we would most likely get the comparison on wins). Most important thing is to beat Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                      Doc knows Princeton. And we've had plenty of tough nights against them, even when their record has been poor.

I've wondered if part of our success against the ECAC since January has been that we've been overlooked by some of our opponents. That we 'caught them by surprise.' Let's not do the same with Princeton. We must respect our opponent and play our game.
                      We did not over look them. We played a very good game against a team we should have beaten and we did. The score 7-1 is not totally indicative as Princeton was a little sloppy in our zone and also a little unlucky as passes just missed by a fraction and of course, we have Savory who just seems to be in the right place most of the time. he also gets out of the net and controls the puck behind the net to quickly get it out of the zone for a rush up ice. We had a weekend where we outscored the opponents 11-1 and I hope we will not be wishing we saved a few of those for next weekend. Now let's prove we can win 2 more on the road and get on a real roll!!!!!!! Go Red!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
                        That was a must win, and we did it. OK, pretty much everything now is "must-win".

With SLU doing us a solid, we are now within striking distance of the bye. If we sweep the weekend, or at least beat Harvard and then have the same result against Dartmouth as Harvard has against Union, we get the bye based on number of wins. Quinnipiac and Union are presently in overtime, so we'll see what happens there, but we don't have control over that comparison (although again we would most likely get the comparison on wins). Most important thing is to beat Harvard.
                        That may well depend on which Harvard shows up for our game. the one that walked over Clarkson yesterday or the one that SLU had a field day against tonight?? We have to make sure that we show up with the team that played this entire weekend (actually with the team that played against QU would be more than sufficient).

Comment

Union called for 4 consecutive penalties including one in OT and QU gets to win one that Union had control of.

Comment

Quinnipiac just beat Union, so we can probably consider that one effectively out of reach (still mathematical, but incredibly unlikely). If we want the bye, we must take it from Harvard on Friday.

Comment

Y'all are 8-3-1 in ECAC play since the new year. Now granted two of those losses are against us, but a hot hand come tourny time is still a hot hand come tourny time.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                We did not over look them. We played a very good game against a team we should have beaten and we did. The score 7-1 is not totally indicative as Princeton was a little sloppy in our zone and also a little unlucky as passes just missed by a fraction and of course, we have Savory who just seems to be in the right place most of the time. he also gets out of the net and controls the puck behind the net to quickly get it out of the zone for a rush up ice. We had a weekend where we outscored the opponents 11-1 and I hope we will not be wishing we saved a few of those for next weekend. Now let's prove we can win 2 more on the road and get on a real roll!!!!!!! Go Red!!!!!!

We have been playing with great focus. Glad to see we turned the Tigers into tabbies.

Harvard, with all that talent (and they are very talented), is a real Jeckyll and Hyde team. (H tied Yale and Brown at home last weekend, and beat Clarkson but managed to lose to SLU this weekend.) Let's bring our focus and play our game against whomever shows up. Just win, baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X