Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
    The Week 19 recognition is nice but it's on to Week 20.
    True, but usually we only get recognition in the first few weeks before the Ivies start.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      True, but usually we only get recognition in the first few weeks before the Ivies start.
      True, and this year we have gotten so much more in honors than in a long time. This is part of the reason that many of us are feeling so upbeat. The seniors have performed and led, the freshmen defensive corps is taking shape and should only get better. The goal tending situation is perhaps the envy of most of college hockey. not only is Savory showing how a top notch goalie performs, he is getting hot at the right time. And we should not forget, he has 2 very capable back ups. Hopefully he can be in net for the remaining games (perhaps as many as 8+) but we have experienced back ups if needed.

Now back to reality - Friday night can go a long way towards easing the path in the playoffs. Go Red!!!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I said it before and I’ll say it again. Yes, Smith May have had a similar record than Seth, but Dave built the Canisius program from the ground up. To recruit to a place with no built in fan base, rink or resources is tough at any place you go. In just three years RPI is similar to Canisius in the three years prior to Smith’s departure, in an stronger league. Also, I don’t think people were criticizing Smith the man, but the process and the ignored input.
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
              I said it before and I’ll say it again. Yes, Smith May have had a similar record than Seth, but Dave built the Canisius program from the ground up. To recruit to a place with no built in fan base, rink or resources is tough at any place you go. In just three years RPI is similar to Canisius in the three years prior to Smith’s departure, in an stronger league. Also, I don’t think people were criticizing Smith the man, but the process and the ignored input.
              That last statement also crossed my mind. We knew nothing about Smith before he was hired. It just was that RPI ignored input from hockey alums, etc.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                That last statement also crossed my mind. We knew nothing about Smith before he was hired. It just was that RPI ignored input from hockey alums, etc.
                After listening to him on the podcast, you can see why he was hired. Very little BS, and seems like a genuine good guy who kids will play for. Time wi continue to tell.
                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

It's probably time to ask for suggestions for a title to Part III. I certainly hope that we will need one.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's probably time to ask for suggestions for a title to Part III. I certainly hope that we will need one.
                    RPI Hockey 2019-2020 Part III: Looking to be playing past the Ides of March

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      RPI Hockey 2019-2020 Part III: Looking to be playing past the Ides of March
                      That's good.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                        After listening to him on the podcast, you can see why he was hired. Very little BS, and seems like a genuine good guy who kids will play for. Time wi continue to tell.
                        Listening to the postgame on Saturday, he and the players didn’t sound overly excited about the weekend. That’s not to say they were disappointed, but it gave me the impression they had moved on. I feel the culture is being established that winning shouldn’t be overly celebrated, and you need to keep looking forward and get better. I feel that’s very important for being a successful program in the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          I will admit to being skeptical of Smith's hire. The only thing I knew about his last years at Canisius was that he had a top notch goalie. I wondered if that was why the program improved so much during that time.
                          Well, he has a top notch goalie again. But following him closely for the last three years, you can see the effect he has on the rest of the team. He has won me over.
                          No matter what happens the rest of this year, we are positioned to make improvements over the next few years.
                          Good job Dave.

Lets go red!!!!!!!!!!
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            I will admit to being skeptical of Smith's hire. The only thing I knew about his last years at Canisius was that he had a top notch goalie. I wondered if that was why the program improved so much during that time.
                            Well, he has a top notch goalie again. But following him closely for the last three years, you can see the effect he has on the rest of the team. He has won me over.
                            No matter what happens the rest of this year, we are positioned to make improvements over the next few years.
                            Good job Dave.

Lets go red!!!!!!!!!!
                            I am with with you on this. Coach Smith is going to have two more things to think about as time goes on and if we can become more successful. The good thing will be deciding about some top tier recruits who may become more interested in Troy Ny. The bad thing will be starting to deal with how to keep them at RPI as many of these boys will get considerable NHL interest.I think both of these issues will be nice to see and am gaining more respect for how this coach handles everything that comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              I am with with you on this. Coach Smith is going to have two more things to think about as time goes on and if we can become more successful. The good thing will be deciding about some top tier recruits who may become more interested in Troy Ny. The bad thing will be starting to deal with how to keep them at RPI as many of these boys will get considerable NHL interest.I think both of these issues will be nice to see and am gaining more respect for how this coach handles everything that comes up.
                              I wonder how he is dealing with Shirley.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wonder how he is dealing with Shirley.
                                That may well be the biggest problem. The program has been in a virtual free fall during the time of her reign.

Comment

Working...
                                X