Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Who to root for on Friday in the other ECAC games in the interest of the Engineers. http://redarmy.union.rpi.edu/?p=282 (Change https to http)

Comment

Originally posted by BigGuy View Post
        I found a Time Union article with box score from that game. There were three RPI penalties called in period 3. Zach Dargaty for holding at 5:55, Jeff Brick for throwing the puck at 15:16, and Kelly Askew for holding at 17:59. All three led to SLU power play goals, with the tying goal scored at 19:23. I was sitting right behind the goal. It was painful. The referee was Dan Murphy.
        We were sitting near one of the blue lines. And when we were leading going into the third period, Jen asked me how the officials were going to take this one away from us. i believe strongly they just did not want a 10 seed to win. I had always thought it was john Murphy who made those calls and i stand corrected as Dan was equally as bad to us. Although the regular season had us as a 10 seed, we just got on a roll and deserved a better fate.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
          Who to root for on Friday in the other ECAC games in the interest of the Engineers. https://redarmy.union.rpi.edu/?p=282 (Change https to http)
          I'm going to disagree a little bit about Yale vs. Harvard. With the Eli only two points behind the Engineers and holding a tiebreaker advantage, I'm not eager for them to catch up to RPI in the standings.

As for Saturday's Yale-Dartmouth game, I'd like to see them both lose, but of course that's impossible. I guess we can be thankful that this is college hockey and not pro, so there's no possibility that Yale vs. Dartmouth could generate two points for one team and one for the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            I'm going to disagree a little bit about Yale vs. Harvard. With the Eli only two points behind the Engineers and holding a tiebreaker advantage, I'm not eager for them to catch up to RPI in the standings.

As for Saturday's Yale-Dartmouth game, I'd like to see them both lose, but of course that's impossible. I guess we can be thankful that this is college hockey and not pro, so there's no possibility that Yale vs. Dartmouth could generate two points for one team and one for the other.
            That is a fair disagreement. It was a tough choice, but for me, personally I would like to see us try for the first round bye. If we take care of our business, Yale will not catch us. That was just my thought process.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

The Yale/Harvard seems more because Harvard is in 4th, and so them losing, compared with us winning, brings us that much closer to an outside yet looking slightly better shot for the bye. The good news is we have one more game vs. them, which would help to solidify where that goes.

Let's remember, we're on 17, Harvard's on 21, and there are 12 points up for grabs. Usually need about 25 for a bye (I imagine it'll be a little higher this year given the standings), and about 18 for first round home ice (not a mathematical lock, but we're starting to get there). The biggest thing we can do, though, is to help ourselves.

Colgate's an important one, and that's next on the docket. Let's take care of business there. Cornell would be a nice bonus, but we'll see what happens.

Last home weekend is Princeton/Quinnipiac. Quinnipiac is on the bye bubble, so if we've kept pace or made any advance, we really need to try to get it done there if we want a shot at the bye; gotta take it from them. We left a point on the table at Princeton; let's not do that again.

Harvard's the same boat as Quinnipiac: If we want the bye, and it's within striking distance, we gotta take it from them. For all we know, it could be a repeat of the 2009-10 season at Colgate, where after we heard certain results, we knew that no matter what else, that game was being played for the bye. And then Dartmouth, although we'll probably be a lock by then for what we're doing to start the playoffs, let's just show that we can continue to play hard.

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
                The Yale/Harvard seems more because Harvard is in 4th, and so them losing, compared with us winning, brings us that much closer to an outside yet looking slightly better shot for the bye. The good news is we have one more game vs. them, which would help to solidify where that goes.

Let's remember, we're on 17, Harvard's on 21, and there are 12 points up for grabs. Usually need about 25 for a bye (I imagine it'll be a little higher this year given the standings), and about 18 for first round home ice (not a mathematical lock, but we're starting to get there). The biggest thing we can do, though, is to help ourselves.

Colgate's an important one, and that's next on the docket. Let's take care of business there. Cornell would be a nice bonus, but we'll see what happens.

Last home weekend is Princeton/Quinnipiac. Quinnipiac is on the bye bubble, so if we've kept pace or made any advance, we really need to try to get it done there if we want a shot at the bye; gotta take it from them. We left a point on the table at Princeton; let's not do that again.

Harvard's the same boat as Quinnipiac: If we want the bye, and it's within striking distance, we gotta take it from them. For all we know, it could be a repeat of the 2009-10 season at Colgate, where after we heard certain results, we knew that no matter what else, that game was being played for the bye. And then Dartmouth, although we'll probably be a lock by then for what we're doing to start the playoffs, let's just show that we can continue to play hard.
                Agree with most if not all. We were at Baker Rink for the Princeton game and yes we left a point there. But both of us thought it was not so much us leaving a point as it was officials taking one away. That third period string of penalties were spurious at best. Understand fully that when you are up a goal or two you simply should not be taking any penalties unless they are goal saving plays. that was in no way the case as we got called for some things that were let go all game long and also let go when Princeton committed them. $hit happens and you just have to move on but that point may really come back to haunt us and we felt that way leaving the rink.
                As far as catching Harvard or Quinnipiac for a bye, too remote to even consider at this stage. May rethink that after this coming weekend but far more important to try to solidify a hold on 5th or 6th and play at home against an 11th or 12th seed. Just my usual 2¢

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  That is a fair disagreement. It was a tough choice, but for me, personally I would like to see us try for the first round bye. If we take care of our business, Yale will not catch us. That was just my thought process.
                  After many years of following our struggles in the ECAC I have learned to NEVER expect any help down the stretch. Whatever could go wrong with other teams playing each other usually does. We have 6 more games in which to help ourselves and we need every point we can garner. We left a point on the table in Princeton and at that time both Jenny and I just knew that would come back to haunt us. Let's hope it doesn't. We are a much better team this year. We are in fact at times, a good team trying to be a very good team. Our seeding for the playoffs will depend on how well we show that for those last 6 games and i do not think we can expect any help anywhere else. A bye is just too remote to even consider, at least until after this weekend. personally I am just hoping we can find a way to take hold of 5th or 6th which would make for a somewhat easier path.

Comment

I agree completety with DrD. Keeping a high home advantage is more important at this time than the going for a bye. The bye is out of our control. It should be reevaluated for next weekend.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I agree completety with DrD. Keeping a high home advantage is more important at this time than the going for a bye. The bye is out of our control. It should be reevaluated for next weekend.
                      You don't lose "high home advantage" by going for a bye. You take it one game at a time, fight to get your two points, and then whatever happens with the other teams happens.

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
                        You don't lose "high home advantage" by going for a bye. You take it one game at a time, fight to get your two points, and then whatever happens with the other teams happens.
                        Of course, the team should try to win. The question was whom we should root for as fans in the Harvard-Yale game. I say root for Harvard.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

KRACH sim says root for Yale if you want a bye, root for Harvard if you want to be higher in the standings.

Result - AvRk, Bye%, Home% - Top3Opps
                          Yale - 6.92, 1.7%, 96.5% - Brown, Union, Princeton
                          Harvard - 6.67, 0.5%, 98.4% - Union, Princeton, Brown
                          Tie - 6.78, 0.9%, 97.6% - Union, Brown, Princeton
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

new table:
                            Code:
                               |     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9    10
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------
                            19 |                             x   0.0   0.9   2.6   0.0     x
                            20 |                           0.0   0.1   2.2   2.9   0.0     x
                            21 |                           0.1   2.6  11.0   4.4   0.0     x
                            22 |                 x     x   0.5   5.3   8.8   1.4   0.0      
                            23 |                 x   0.0   4.7  12.8   6.3   0.2     x      
                            24 |                 x   0.0   6.6   6.0   1.2   0.0            
                            25 |               0.0   0.4   9.3   2.3   0.1     x            
                            26 |               0.0   0.7   3.4   0.2   0.0     x            
                            27 |               0.1   0.9   1.3   0.0     x                  
                            28 |     x     x   0.1   0.2   0.1     x                        
                            29 |     x     x   0.1   0.0   0.0
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Friday highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9EABhl5zqc
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Thanks Ralph. I saw none of this last night and nice to see the highlights early today. Looks like that relatively new arena was less than 25% full so the crowds at the HFH are not quite as bad as i had thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X