Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    My prize memorabilia is a stick signed by the entire 1985 team at a celebration dinner. I still have lots of other RPI stuff including the deck of collectible cards produced one year with a player on each one. Jenny has retained several of our more famous players autographs collected over the years she had attended games with me starting in 1975.
    I have a set of those cards also. It's too bad that the NCAA found a reason that they could not be produced every year.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
      big weekend would like 3 of 4 points.
      on another note monty to maine was rumored on inch podcast
      You're right about this being a big weekend for RPI. It's going to be important to accumulate points in the ECAC standings while they can.

After this weekend, RPI will only play one league game over the following three weeks, and that's going to be against Dartmouth, whom RPI hasn't beaten since November of 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Always interested. I enjoyed the pictures which you posted several years ago, especially the picture of the 65-66 freshman team including Dale Watson and Rick Scammell. (At least I think it was you.)
        Sure was...don't post often at all but appreciate all you do, Ralph (and everyone's feedback/opinions on the team). Will snap a couple of pics and post next time I visit.

Comment

I have a set of those cards also. It's too bad that the NCAA found a reason that they could not be produced every year.
          When we got them, we were told they would be a yearly production. Jenny had the boys sign as many of them as she could but we are missing several. i do not recall the reason given for the NCAA not allowing these to continue.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            When we got them, we were told they would be a yearly production. Jenny had the boys sign as many of them as she could but we are missing several. i do not recall the reason given for the NCAA not allowing these to continue.
            I too have a set of those cards, that was a very talented team. I was very new to RPI hockey then, I expected to see a set every year, but I guess it wasn't to be.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Anyone worried, when Savory was in net, that we've been giving up a number of clean breakaways? SLU seemed to make "off to the races" their strategy but just ran out of gas in the 3rd. I thought it might have just been a one-off strategy, but then we saw quite a few from Colgate. Any better finishers and we'd be in some trouble, especially if upcoming opponents' coaches have seen that in film. Really need to make sure the skaters are always making them earn all 200 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
                Anyone worried, when Savory was in net, that we've been giving up a number of clean breakaways? SLU seemed to make "off to the races" their strategy but just ran out of gas in the 3rd. I thought it might have just been a one-off strategy, but then we saw quite a few from Colgate. Any better finishers and we'd be in some trouble, especially if upcoming opponents' coaches have seen that in film. Really need to make sure the skaters are always making them earn all 200 feet.
                That seemed to be a function of the defensive pairings. There seems to be an emphasis on the defense men joining the play and in fact at times, going deep into the offensive zone. The team has to be well aware of these rushes and have the other defense man and at least one forward ready to drop back rapidly. This has to be an important point of each practice session. Love to see Reilly on offense but he has to be careful to pick his spots so as not to put us at a defensive disadvantage. Also note that our men at the point (whether they be both defense men or a forward) have to be extremely sure they can keep the puck in the offensive zone as poor play in that position led to several of those rushes up ice.

Comment

BTW guys, will try to remember to start the next scores thread to keep my winning streak (one in a row) going. Friday mornings often are a bit pressured here but will leave myself a note to do so. Superstitious? You bet!!!!

Comment

FYI. Check out CHN.com to read a long article called Trying to Engineer a Turnaround (which would be a great thread title).
                    Not good on how to post it here, but I’m sure there are posters more proficient than I am who could do that.

Comment

Is this new or have I just not gone to the right place?

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Is this new or have I just not gone to the right place?

TWEET
                        If it's not new this season, it's been a very well-guarded secret.
                        RPI Pep Band
                        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          If it's not new this season, it's been a very well-guarded secret.
                          I haven't seen it, but I don't enter/exit games through the HFH front lobby, so it might be there.

Edit: Given the way most things happen (or don't happen) from the fan perspective at the HFH, it would not shock me if its outside the locker room, i.e. out of public view...
                          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-16-2020, 12:17 PM.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            I haven't seen it, but I don't enter/exit games through the HFH front lobby, so it might be there.

Edit: Given the way most things happen (or don't happen) from the fan perspective at the HFH, it would not shock me if its outside the locker room, i.e. out of public view...
                            I thought that might be the case. Either in the locker room hallway or upstairs by the coaches' offices and the executive box.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

2020 Vote For Hobey - Fan Vote....... Will Reilly
                              Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute https://www.hobeybaker.com/vote
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Is anyone else getting obvious phishing messages stating someone tried to logon to their RPI alum account?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X