Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
    H.... I don't see much of the Hockey East teams; does anyone have a thought?
    Northeastern knows how to prepare for the beanpot....?
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Northeastern knows how to prepare for the beanpot....?
      For the last few years, not historically.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Thanks for all your work. it does make for some very interesting thoughts. We seem to almost be a lock for 7th but I still have fingers crossed that things work out for 6th. Would love to face an 11th or 12th seed in the first round. There are no guarantees (I remember us in the very old days being a #10 seed and traveling to beat the #1 seed Vermont and then on to upset Harvard).
        Actually Vermont was the #7 seed (we won that game on a Tuesday night) and then beat #1 seed Harvard on Saturday which was only a Single game which had Harvard get the ECAC to change to a best of three series the following year. Of course knocking off the 11 or 12 seed is not a given either as we all know. Brown and Colgate come to mind...

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          Actually Vermont was the #7 seed (we won that game on a Tuesday night) and then beat #1 seed Harvard on Saturday which was only a Single game which had Harvard get the ECAC to change to a best of three series the following year. Of course knocking off the 11 or 12 seed is not a given either as we all know. Brown and Colgate come to mind...
          Was that the year Jeff Gabriel scored in OT to beat Harvard? Those were the days when our crowds often took over opposing rinks and the roar when the red light went on after a scramble in front left the Harvard fans shaking their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            New version of that table:
            Code:
            RPI Points vs. Position
               |     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9    10    11
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------
            17 |                             x     x   0.1   1.3   0.5   0.0     x
            18 |                             x     x   0.5   2.4   0.4   0.0      
            19 |                             x   0.0   3.3   7.8   0.4   0.0      
            20 |                           0.0   0.3   6.5   5.8   0.1   0.0      
            21 |                       x   0.1   2.7  13.3   5.2   0.0     x      
            22 |                 x     x   0.7   5.3   8.8   1.2   0.0     x      
            23 |                 x   0.0   3.2   8.3   4.6   0.2     x     x      
            24 |                 x   0.0   3.9   3.7   0.7   0.0     x            
            25 |               0.0   0.2   4.3   1.2   0.1   0.0     x            
            26 |     x     x   0.0   0.2   1.5   0.1   0.0     x                  
            27 |     x     x   0.0   0.3   0.5   0.0     x     x                  
            28 |     x     x   0.0   0.1   0.1   0.0     x                        
            29 |     x     x   0.0   0.0   0.0     x
            Only slight differences from last time. I love my tables and posts and everything, but at this point the only thing we really need to do is "just win, baby." Like yeah we can talk about the thresholds we need to hit, but basically our season will end as soon as we lose the wrong two out of three games (or, knock on wood, the wrong game).
            Great chart. Looks like 73% chance finish above 8th and 36% chance above 7th. Friday at Colgate will determine quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
              Was that the year Jeff Gabriel scored in OT to beat Harvard? Those were the days when our crowds often took over opposing rinks and the roar when the red light went on after a scramble in front left the Harvard fans shaking their heads.
              Yes, it was. Back in those days, RPI used to run bus trips sponsored by the Friends of RPI Hockey (which I was a member in good standing) and that was one of the many road trips that I used to take. Not only did we eliminate Harvard from the playoffs, but they didn’t even receive an at-large bid to the NCAA’s which led to another rule change which automatically included all regular season champions from each league to receive an at-large bid if they didn’t win their league championship.

Comment

huge weekend need at least 2 points.... will flagdude be in attendance

Comment

That was going off the top of my head - knew we knocked both off and one was the #1 seed. Jen and i were in Boston when SLU beat us 6-5 with an unbelievable amount of help from referee Murphy. We should of had that game own but the last 5 minutes were a disaster of penalty calls.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    That was going off the top of my head - knew we knocked both off and one was the #1 seed. Jen and i were in Boston when SLU beat us 6-5 with an unbelievable amount of help from referee Murphy. We should of had that game own but the last 5 minutes were a disaster of penalty calls.
                    Oh my god, yes. That was an overnight RPI bus trip. The worst call I remember was the one that they called on one of the players (not sure which one) was called for throwing the puck when all he did was knock it down with his hand. Still think to this day that the ECAC didn’t want a 10 seed playing for the championship.

Comment

Congrats to Marc Cavosie and Matt Murley.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Oh my god, yes. That was an overnight RPI bus trip. The worst call I remember was the one that they called on one of the players (not sure which one) was called for throwing the puck when all he did was knock it down with his hand. Still think to this day that the ECAC didn’t want a 10 seed playing for the championship.
                        I'm pretty sure it was Kelly Askew. He wasn't a big guy so the puck was just over his head and he swatted it down in a single motion. I was furious at the call because it is almost impossible to catch and throw an object in one continuous motion (almost like he was spiking it). First you catch it and then you throw it. It was clear to us that he batted it and never closed his hand on it which is a requirement for throwing the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                          I'm pretty sure it was Kelly Askew. He wasn't a big guy so the puck was just over his head and he swatted it down in a single motion. I was furious at the call because it is almost impossible to catch and throw an object in one continuous motion (almost like he was spiking it). First you catch it and then you throw it. It was clear to us that he batted it and never closed his hand on it which is a requirement for throwing the puck.
                          I found a Time Union article with box score from that game. There were three RPI penalties called in period 3. Zach Dargaty for holding at 5:55, Jeff Brick for throwing the puck at 15:16, and Kelly Askew for holding at 17:59. All three led to SLU power play goals, with the tying goal scored at 19:23. I was sitting right behind the goal. It was painful. The referee was Dan Murphy.

Comment

Sezenack,

Is Talkin' Neers #4 on SoundCloud? I couldn't find it.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Meant to post it last night, but episode 4 of Talkin' Neers is out. This week's player guest is Will Reilly.
                              Ralph, we are no longer using SoundCloud as a hosting platform because we have hit the point where they are going to charge us for the next episode we post. Since this is a new thing Red Army is doing with the club, we do not have money in the budget to pay for that. I posted both the Spotify link and the Apple/iTunes link below. I hope one of those will work for you

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...s/id1495931988

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. I created a Spotify account.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X