Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wonder if he was there.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A great weekend. We beat a top 5 team and came back and beat a team that we should beat. Both on the road. That is what the good teams do.
        I owe Ashbrook an apology. Up until the end of December, I thought that all he brought to the team was good face off skills. He wasn't doing much else to help the team, but the last few games, he has found his stride and is competing at both ends of the ice.
        Nice to see a freshman improve so much so early.
        Now if we don't let this weekend go to our heads and stay focused, we can look forward to a very exciting 2020.

LGR!
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Attended the north country trip with our group of enthusiasts and was pleasantly surprised by the Friday win. RPI's forecheck, energy and physicality (where have I heard that before...? ) gave CCT trouble all night and kept them off balance. Marshall was excellent and stopped everything he saw and he did a great job of limiting second chances.

I honestly don't know what Smith's intentions are with the goal tending... not sure he does either. He's started 3 keepers in the last three games and all have played well. Not sure how anyone can "grab the reigns" -as he has mentioned - without any of them getting consecutive starts. I thought Marshall earned the right to start on Saturday after his efforts on Friday...but I suspected he wouldn't, and he didn't.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

yes a great weekend if we can duplicate that this weekend would be fantastic

Comment

Although I am certainly happy that Savory won, I would have nominated Marshall over him.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
                although i am certainly happy that savory won, i would have nominated marshall over him.

+1 rb.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Quite honestly I don’t see how Q-Pac’s Goalie, Keith Petruzzelli, wasn’t the GOW.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      Attended the north country trip with our group of enthusiasts and was pleasantly surprised by the Friday win. RPI's forecheck, energy and physicality (where have I heard that before...? ) gave CCT trouble all night and kept them off balance. Marshall was excellent and stopped everything he saw and he did a great job of limiting second chances.

I honestly don't know what Smith's intentions are with the goal tending... not sure he does either. He's started 3 keepers in the last three games and all have played well. Not sure how anyone can "grab the reigns" -as he has mentioned - without any of them getting consecutive starts. I thought Marshall earned the right to start on Saturday after his efforts on Friday...but I suspected he wouldn't, and he didn't.
                      Perhaps he plans on playing each one for a period next Friday against Cornell?

BTW the betting odds are not really impressed by our trip up north with the predicted score for Friday listed as 4-1 for Cornell with an 85% chance of winning and a 9% chance of a tie. We are the slenderest of favorites for Saturday with the predicted score being a 2-2 tie but we are a 47% to 45% favorite to possibly eke out a win. Personally i would be very happy with a two pint weekend no matter which way we get it but anything more than that and we become a team to be reckoned with in our league.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

BTW the betting odds are not really impressed by our trip up north with the predicted score for Friday listed as 4-1 for Cornell with an 85% chance of winning and a 9% chance of a tie. We are the slenderest of favorites for Saturday with the predicted score being a 2-2 tie but we are a 47% to 45% favorite to possibly eke out a win. Personally i would be very happy with a two pint weekend no matter which way we get it but anything more than that and we become a team to be reckoned with in our league.

I did not listen to Saturday’s game but I did Friday’s . There’s no other word to describe it other than impressive. But. Smith pointed out Savory stopped 5 breakaways. So the game could have turned out much differently. The goalie competition seems to be paying dividends. I don’t think we should minimize what Marshall did on Friday. What would be great would be to see a home weekend with exciting hockey. Wins would be great, but really just a great two games would be welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I don’t drink, but I’m assuming that’s a lot of vodka?
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            He has to share with Jenny.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              1 quart over an entire weekend is really not all that much for someone accustomed to a few drinks per day. If we can get two wins this coming weekend, that much might indeed disappear around this house. Jenny prefers the Van Gogh Dutch caramel and I am more the straight Chopin or Tito's kind of drinker. But you are correct, we would probably need to score about 10 goals in the two games to polish off 2 pints.

BTW-miss you here posting and wish you were more active again. These threads can use a bit more humor
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Maybe that's how we get the D corps to actually do their job and not depend too much on the goaltender, like what happened last year (along with a few other years), and got burned.

Comment

Working...
                                X