Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Code:
       |     4     5
    ----------------
    25 |   7.1  37.5
    26 |   4.0   9.5
    27 |  41.9
    This is mostly just for completion's sake at this point. As realet said above, we get the bye if we match or outdo Harvard tomorrow, we get fifth if we don't. KRACH says it's pretty close to a 50/50 shot. Let's just win and leave no doubt. I hope Dave tells the team to cover their ears if they start reading the out-of-town scores at Thompson tomorrow.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
      Code:
         |     4     5
      ----------------
      25 |   7.1  37.5
      26 |   4.0   9.5
      27 |  41.9
      This is mostly just for completion's sake at this point. As realet said above, we get the bye if we match or outdo Harvard tomorrow, we get fifth if we don't. KRACH says it's pretty close to a 50/50 shot. Let's just win and leave no doubt. I hope Dave tells the team to cover their ears if they start reading the out-of-town scores at Thompson tomorrow.
      I am fairly certain they are never aware of out of town scores. Most of the time when they are announced in the arena, it's during the intermission. Even when it's not, I doubt the players and coaches pay attention to any in arena announcements during TV timeouts. They probably tune it out because they're so dialed in. There's no way they'd check it in the locker room; knowing Dave and how he is, he'd never allow that in a situation like this

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's great to see support from hockey alums.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
            Cornell has won the Cleary Cup and the first seed in the ECAC Playoffs.

Clarkson has earned a first round bye and will be the 2-seed.

Quinnipiac has earned a first round bye and will be the 3-seed.

RPI has clinched a home-ice playoff series. They can clinch the 4-seed and a first-round bye with a win, a tie and a Harvard loss/tie, or a Harvard loss. They will finish either 4th or 5th.

Harvard has clinched a home-ice playoff series. They can clinch the 4-seed and a first-round bye with a win and an RPI loss/tie, or a tie and an RPI loss. They will finish either 4th or 5th.

Dartmouth has clinched a home-ice playoff series. They can clinch the 6-seed with a win over RPI, a tie and a Yale tie/loss, or a Yale loss AND Colgate loss/tie. They will finish between 6th and 8th.

Yale has clinched a home-ice playoff series. They can clinch the 6-seed with a win over Quinnipiac and a Dartmouth loss/tie, OR a tie and a Dartmouth loss. They will finish between 6th and 8th.

Colgate has clinched a home-ice playoff series. They can clinch the 6-seed with a win AND losses by Dartmouth and Yale. They will finish between 6th and 8th.

Brown will finish 9th and travel to the 8-seed (Colgate, Yale, or Dartmouth) next weekend.

Union will finish 10th and travel to the 7-seed (Yale, Colgate, or Dartmouth) next weekend.

Princeton will finish 11th and travel to the 6-seed (Dartmouth, Yale, or Colgate) next weekend.

St. Lawrence will finish 12th and travel to the 5-seed (Harvard or RPI) next weekend.

Tiebreakers
            RPI-HRV: RPI finishes 4th (2nd tiebreaker).

DRT-YU: DRT finishes 6th (3rd tiebreaker). (DRT 5, YU 4 with RPI (both playing Top 4 Sat and currently tied), DRT 5, YU 1 with HRV (Sat irrelevant))

DRT-COL: COL finishes 7th (3-1).

YU-COL: YU finishes 7th (2nd tiebreaker).

DRT-YU-COL: COL finishes 6th (5-4-3), DRT finishes 7th (see DRT-YU above), YU finishes 8th.
            I really appreciated this post. And, really missed you on this posting board. Now all things in life are clear to me again! Welcome home!
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Really want to dream? 9 MORE WINS BABY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Really want to dream? 9 MORE WINS BABY!!!
                Of course, "9" may not be correct when the new thread starts.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Time to come out of hibernation...checked out for a while and see it's maybe safe to return to the exclusion zone now.

Exciting hockey the past few weeks - heading up to Dartmouth tonight to see them lock down the bye. Let's go red!
                  Last edited by GRussinko; 02-29-2020, 07:37 AM.
                  APBWiki

Comment

How about:
                    RPI Hockey 2019-2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and beyond)!!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                      How about:
                      RPI Hockey 2019-2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and beyond)!!
                      That's good.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wish I knew who was going to Dartmouth, I’d offer a free ride, but I’m leaving around 1....
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                          Time to come out of hibernation...checked out for a while and see it's maybe safe to return to the exclusion zone now.

Exciting hockey the past few weeks - heading up to Dartmouth tonight to see them lock down the bye. Let's go red!
                          Stay around.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Friday highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKKMmYlu1C0
                            postgame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRHBl7zZkAI
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Of course, "9" may not be correct when the new thread starts.
                              Then change it to 8 after tonight!! If we win tonight then 8 would be correct. If we do not, then the number should be 10 of course. Interestingly if we win tonight, we can only afford one more loss. If we lose tonight then we might be able to afford two losses. So, I am one of those who strongly feels the bye is of great help (simply to avoid possibly up to 3 more games in which we could suffer an injury), obtaining the bye means we can only survive having one bad game while losing the bye and having to be seeded 5th allows us to throw in two stinkers. Just some craziness!!!

Comment

Great win last night. I keep repeating myself but I'll say it again. This team is so clearly well coached now compared to the guy who was here before (what was his name again?). One thing that in particular stood out for me was the way the D pairs cover for each other. Every time Harvard seemed to chip a puck by one of them the other was there to cut him off and re-take possession. Saw some decent cycling too with the O. They just take care of the little things so much better. It's team hockey as opposed to 18 individuals just trying to outskate the other team.

Another thing that stood out to me last night was how much better Burgess looks. He looks faster. His ability to possess the puck in the corner while fending off a D man was fun to watch. He seems to have a ton of confidence right now. Probably as much as anyone on the team except perhaps the goaltender. I know he's had a lot of injuries but is it possible he has only now reached full health?

Comment

Working...
                                X