Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

You know what the funny thing is with that Media poll? Take out RPI and Colgate, shift them to their appropriate positions, and everyone else is in the proper order. Was this year that predictable?

Comment

Originally posted by CLKHockey View Post
      Congrats to RPI on the 4th place and next weekend off. Would love to see them in Placid.
      Thank you and we would love to be there, too!
      If the teams that have the bye next weekend make it to Placid, this could be a very well-attended event. RPI and Cornell fans travel well and of course there will be plenty of Clarkson fans there regardless of whether they make it there or not. Not so sure about QU fans.

Comment

BTW, last night we had an empty net goal. It was their 4th in their last 6 games and the sixth ENG of the season. Cannot remember the last time we had that many in a season. Not that long ago we had problems just getting the puck out of our own end. And we gave up 4 ENG’s (Yale, Cornell and 2 by UMASS).

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
          You know what the funny thing is with that Media poll? Take out RPI and Colgate, shift them to their appropriate positions, and everyone else is in the proper order. Was this year that predictable?
          See the thread where posters here predicted the ECAC final standings. Through last week we have been doing as a group much better than usual.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Will we hear rumors over the summer that Coach Smith is leaving for a vacancy at a higher profile school?
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-01-2020, 09:06 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Will we hear rumors over the summer that Coach Smith is leaving for a vacancy at a higher profile school?
              A couple of more seasons like this with a little improvement, and he will have made his own high profile school.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I don't see that happening, at least not yet. Sure, he's been good at rebuilding a couple of programs, but I don't know if that translates to steady powerhouse. If you recall, that's one of the question marks that was brought up when he first was offered the job, how his team, albeit in Atlantic, only had a couple winning seasons. However, one thing he has done is exposed some administrative flaws. Look at how Canisius has been doing since he left. Add to this what we've seen from our administration. So it's possible he could be a good powerhouse coach if he has unalloyed support, even if it takes a couple years to get rolling. Let's also remember that he would have to choose to apply, and I don't see him thinking about doing that until, at the very least, his first contract is up for renewal. He's shown good progress in his time here, so he'll stick around at least that long.

Comment

• Couple thoughts from last night's game:

RPI looked decidedly mediocre except for the 4v4 where they scored twice, which was basically a clinic - but still won handily. In years past we probably lose that game 3-1 or 4-1 instead of winning it.

Dartmouth was significantly better along the boards and there were very few board battles where RPI came away with the puck. They totally squandered the 5v3 chance they had, quickly taking a penalty and eventually giving up Dartmouth's only goal.

Savory looked great again - the only goal he gave up was on a high quality chance off an odd man rush. Being the first time I've seen him live this season, I was super impressed by how calm and in control he appears even when the puck is loose and there's a scramble in front of him.

Great RPI fan presence at the game including the band which outnumbered Dartmouth's at least 2:1. RPI fans in general were pretty spread out so it was hard to gague their total number but I would estimate maybe 15% of folks there were RPI fans (more than that toward the end when many of the Dartmouth fans had elected to beat the traffic).

RPI needs to step up its promotions. It was senior night and fan appreciation night and they had free raffles through the entire game for all kinds of prizes, including but not limited to a $250 Amazon gift card, pairs of season tickets for basketball, football, and M/W hockey, round trip flights for two on Cape Air, and a ton of free pizzas.

I forgot how cheap concessions are at Thompson. A large soda and a big homemade cookie cost less than a regular soda at HFH.

Overall a fun night, and I'm glad to have decided to make the trip out. Reminded me why I have a habit of hopping in the car and driving out when we play there on a Sat night.
                  APBWiki

Comment

Congrats on a great year and hoping you make it to Lake Placid and beyond !!!
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

1983-84 17-3-0.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Of course, we had a long way to go.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                          Thank you and we would love to be there, too!
                          If the teams that have the bye next weekend make it to Placid, this could be a very well-attended event. RPI and Cornell fans travel well and of course there will be plenty of Clarkson fans there regardless of whether they make it there or not. Not so sure about QU fans.
                          How cool would that be? If RPI, COR, and CLK all make it, Placid is gonna be a fun fun weekend not only at the rink but around town.. The vibe was awesome last year with just us Clarkson/Cornell fans. I really am hoping for that. I have the luxury of being 1.5 hours from Placid so we go every year regardless. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

As most of us know the RPI Men's Soccer team had a magnificent season and tournament run. The Men's hockey team we are following here and we are moving on to the second round of the ECAC playoffs in two weeks. But as i write this our Men's Basketball team is playing Ithaca College and the winner gets an automatic bid to the Division III NCAA Tournament with the announcement show scheduled for tomorrow for the seeding. What a time to be following RPI athletics!!!!!! Go Red!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Thanks Turk for posting -what a great celebration for the boys and you can feel the spirit and closeness this team has. as some have mentioned, not sure anyone wants to have play them at this stage of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's Go Red!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X