Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Hey.....I’m 5’11” I guess it’s not just me with all the Ads lately. Geesh!
    I'm 6'4, everyone's a smurf compared to me.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Not to doubt anyone else's recollection but how you wrote this is how I remember it. If you had told me in 1981 that we were going to see the team we saw in 83-84 and 84-85 i would have bet the house against it. It all just happened so rapidly! now let's see if lightning can strike again.

Often overlooked is the contribution of Kraig Nienhuis but I am not sure when he arrived in Troy but am sure he left early.
      Yes, he did leave early. The reason why is because back in the ‘80’s, once a player reached a certain age, he would lose a year of eligibility for each year over that age. Neinhuis would have been unable to play after the 84-85 season, so he left and signed with the Boston Bruins.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
        Yes, he did leave early. The reason why is because back in the ‘80’s, once a player reached a certain age, he would lose a year of eligibility for each year over that age. Neinhuis would have been unable to play after the 84-85 season, so he left and signed with the Boston Bruins.
        If only this rule is still in place, we may actually get true college aged kids playing

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          If only this rule is still in place, we may actually get true college aged kids playing
          I still feel that no one should enter college who is older than I was on the day that I graduated from RPI which was 20 years, 5 months, and 5 days.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'm 6'4, everyone's a smurf compared to me.
            I am just under 6' and Jenny is all of 4'9" (at one time she claims to have been as much as 4'10"). So I am used to thinking about someone as a smurf (another post that I hope she does not see!)
            Last edited by DrDemento; 01-24-2020, 02:10 PM.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I still feel that no one should enter college who is older than I was on the day that I graduated from RPI which was 20 years, 5 months, and 5 days.
              I would agree with this except only as it pertains to playing athletics. I think a lot of folks should go out and work for a few years and get a little more mature before deciding about entering college. There are a lot of good jobs that do not necessarily need a college degree and just entering college to get some useless degree in something that ends in the word "studies" is a waste of money and time.

Years ago I recall a plumber who came to my house to replace the hot water heater finding out that i was a physician. He said that he had always wanted to be a doctor but decided not to when he found out he would be taking a large cut in pay!!
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

So I don't believe anyone here has brought up the topic - at least not lately - but the women's team is an embarrassing 0-24-1. With something like 9 games left to play...there is a very real chance they will finish the season winless. As Ken Schott accurately wrote in an op-ed in his column a few years ago re: the Union women's team, if this were the men's hockey team there is NO way a coach would survive going 0-fer an entire season.

The young ladies at RPI deserve far better and MacElroy needs to get off his can and take action. That SAJ has allowed the dumpster fire to go on this long is equally telling. There are many talented, experienced and qualified WOMEN coaches out there who would kill to have a D1 HC job. I know all of the reasons why they haven't made a change, but seriously.... a joke.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  So I don't believe anyone here has brought up the topic - at least not lately - but the women's team is an embarrassing 0-24-1. With something like 9 games left to play...there is a very real chance they will finish the season winless. As Ken Schott accurately wrote in an op-ed in his column a few years ago re: the Union women's team, if this were the men's hockey team there is NO way a coach would survive going 0-fer an entire season.

The young ladies at RPI deserve far better and MacElroy needs to get off his can and take action. That SAJ has allowed the dumpster fire to go on this long is equally telling. There are many talented, experienced and qualified WOMEN coaches out there who would kill to have a D1 HC job. I know all of the reasons why they haven't made a change, but seriously.... a joke.
                  It has been mentioned a lot here: https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...e-after-Lovisa.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

as long as sachi is head of marketing her husband will have a job at rpi he was already demoted from mens assistant theres no lower place to go for him

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
                        as long as sachi is head of marketing her husband will have a job at rpi he was already demoted from mens assistant theres no lower place to go for him
                        I would think that head coach of the women's team is a promotion from men's assistant coach.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
                          as long as sachi is head of marketing her husband will have a job at rpi
                          QFT. a

Comment

definitely not in any real sport. imagine going from duke mens asst to women's head coach
                            baseball lsu asst to women's softball head coach
                            football alabama asst to women's head soccer coach I guess?

Comment

• Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
                              definitely not in any real sport. imagine going from duke mens asst to women's head coach
                              baseball lsu asst to women's softball head coach
                              football alabama asst to women's head soccer coach I guess?
                              The Duke analogy is the only one relevant. Your also forgetting the fact that a head coach, men’s or women’s, is better on a resume than assistant

Comment

The Duke analogy is the only one relevant. Your also forgetting the fact that a head coach, men’s or women’s, is better on a resume than assistant
                                How about we imagine the UConn men's asst vs. the women's HC (or Tennessee, Baylor, etc.). Or here in hockey, a men's assistant at Wisconsin or Clarkson going to HC of the women's team.
                                RPI Pep Band
                                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                                X