Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    The attendance at playoff games is usually low because that is when most schools have their spring breaks, and the students are not there. RPI is going to have the same problem this season. No students will be there for the home playoff series except for the diehards
    I have heard another factor is that control over ticket sales for the tournament switches to the ECAC, which hampers the ability of the ECAC schools to offer their normal regular season discounts and giveaways to youth groups.

Comment

Nice article in today's TU on the Pep Band!

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...f-15030494.php

Headline: QFT

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
        RIP Eddie Knowles.
        Got an email from Alumni Office last night. He was hired when I was a junior. Remember talking with Eddie Knolwes and Carl Westerdahl over Poly interviews. Sorry to hear the news.

Comment

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
          Got an email from Alumni Office last night. He was hired when I was a junior. Remember talking with Eddie Knolwes and Carl Westerdahl over Poly interviews. Sorry to hear the news.
          No, not Eddie! Great guy, he really supported the students, and was personally very cordial to me both on and off air. RPI lost a great one. I think he singlehandedly kept the Athletic Department going after Ducatte’s departure, by being the bridge between the department and the administration
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
            Nice article in today's TU on the Pep Band!

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...f-15030494.php

Headline: QFT
            Very nice. They wrote one about us after the Clarkson series in 2012 too. The sousa/officer mentioned in the old article is pretty cool if you ask me
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                I have heard another factor is that control over ticket sales for the tournament switches to the ECAC, which hampers the ability of the ECAC schools to offer their normal regular season discounts and giveaways to youth groups.
                control of sales doesn't change ... the conferences just get the revenue, or a large cut.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Not too shabby! A well deserved honor. Hope he can continue this level of play for a bit longer. This weekend we face some tough competition. Saw them on TV earlier in the season and WMU seemed to be the biggest team both in height and weight I had seen all season. perhaps Clarkson or Union might have as many larger boys. The other thing that impressed was their speed coming out of their own zone. Our young defense will have their hands full for the next 2 games.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I bet savory just gets 1 start this weekend I want to save him for ecac play thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
                          I bet savory just gets 1 start this weekend I want to save him for ecac play thoughts?
                          I agree. I'd be fine if he didn't play at all in Kalamazoo....but I think you're likely correct with one start.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            I agree. I'd be fine if he didn't play at all in Kalamazoo....but I think you're likely correct with one start.
                            Add me as in agreement also. There are 6 tough ECAC games coming up and a week off to rest would not be a bad thing. Besides, both the other two boys could use some work to stay sharp and in game strength just in case they are needed.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I think that he should start one of the two games to stay in form.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The loss to RPI Saturday night appears to have broken Kevin Sneddon.... He's announced his pre-firing "retirement" effective at the end of this season...
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X