Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 829

Thread: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

  1. #101
    PUCKMAN RULES!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    middletown, ny
    Posts
    14,614

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Polacek-Higgs-Haggerty...........Wilson & Bailen........Kasdorf
    If 09/10 doesn't count, I will agree with these guys,
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

  2. #102
    mascot extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    8,722

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    If 09/10 doesn't count, I will agree with these guys,
    Same here
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

    WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

  3. #103
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,815

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Tinordi was a forward


    since everyone is doing it:

    Polacek - Higgs - Haggerty
    Reilly - Bailen
    Kasdorf

    and a second "fan favorites" team (pay no attention to the fact that most of these players were on the team my senior year)

    Lee - Bubela - Brutlag
    Curadi - Dolan
    Coupal (this is a cop out because I couldn't choose between Bryce and Diebold)
    Tommy Lee?

  4. #104
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,815

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    Quote Originally Posted by ServinisScores View Post
    Don't overthink it Ralph. 09-10 season counts as this decade.
    Then the first half of this season doesn't count.

  5. #105
    mascot extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    8,722

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    So other than the ones previously mentioned, if we're disqualifying Pirri and D'Amigo.

    Polacek-Higgs-Haggerty
    O'Grady-Bubela-Zalewski
    Malchuk-Bourbonnais-Laliberte (only for the assists)

    Bailen-Wilson
    Prappavessis-Reilly
    Leonard-Reno

    York-Kasdorf-Harkenrider (Merriam)
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

    WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

  6. #106
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    3,756

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    IT'S 2020 AND CLARKSON STILL SUCKS!invisible lower case letters
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

  7. #107
    I'm an Implant Engineer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North Shore of MA
    Posts
    2,015

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Tinordi was a forward


    since everyone is doing it:

    Polacek - Higgs - Haggerty
    Reilly - Bailen
    Kasdorf

    and a second "fan favorites" team (pay no attention to the fact that most of these players were on the team my senior year)

    Lee - Bubela - Brutlag
    Curadi - Dolan
    Coupal (this is a cop out because I couldn't choose between Bryce and Diebold)
    You're right, maybe that's my subconscious feelings towards our D coming out.... ?
    Class of '93

    16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

  8. #108
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,815

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    Quote Originally Posted by ServinisScores View Post
    You're right, maybe that's my subconscious feelings towards our D coming out.... ?
    Maybe you were thinking about his father or brother?

  9. #109
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,815

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!



    Edit: only the third link (postgame interview appears to work and it isn't the https problem.
    Here is the highlight video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZFUy2_hNFY (Not a great video. A comment by the poster blames the film which they received from CCT.)
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-04-2020 at 05:04 AM.

  10. #110
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,815

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    I wonder how much we benefited on Friday from the game vs. UMA while CCT hasn't played in three weeks.

  11. #111
    PUCKMAN RULES!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    middletown, ny
    Posts
    14,614

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I wonder how much we benefited on Friday from the game vs. UMA while CCT hasn't played in three weeks.
    I thought about that in the first period, but when we continued to go after them in the second and third periods, I think we had more to do with the way they played.
    There was a commitment to our play that I haven't seen before. Really good performance by RPI.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

  12. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I thought about that in the first period, but when we continued to go after them in the second and third periods, I think we had more to do with the way they played.
    There was a commitment to our play that I haven't seen before. Really good performance by RPI.
    Pretty impressive. I think the battle for # 1 goalie is on. Also 2 of the goals were by defensemen. Not ideal, but better than a loss. I would’ be surprised if Clarkson doesn’t blow out Union tonight. And as good as the win was, we absolutely need to comeback with as a good a performance tonight. Or the Clarkson game will just be a blip on the screen .

  13. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    180

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    Quote Originally Posted by 25+years View Post
    Pretty impressive. I think the battle for # 1 goalie is on. Also 2 of the goals were by defensemen. Not ideal, but better than a loss. I would’ be surprised if Clarkson doesn’t blow out Union tonight. And as good as the win was, we absolutely need to comeback with as a good a performance tonight. Or the Clarkson game will just be a blip on the screen .
    Little surprised that Clarkson was ranked so high, but given recent history against them, a great win. Big effort on the penalty kill.

  14. #114
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    3,756

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    Quote Originally Posted by 25+years View Post
    Also 2 of the goals were by defensemen. Not ideal, but better than a loss.
    Scoring from the blue line isn't a bad thing. Further, you can't really count Reilly's ENG for that because he just happened to be the guy to throw the puck down ice.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

  15. #115
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    3,756

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    FOUR POINT WEEKEND!

    First one not against Union since January of 2015 at home against Colgate and Cornell and first one on the road since the North Country trip in 2013.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

  16. #116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    About 10 miles from HFH
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    Good news and not so good news:
    Good news- RPI is now tied for 4th place.
    Not so good news- QU has 2 games in hand and Colgate & Dartmouth have 3.

  17. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    414

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    Quote Originally Posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    Good news and not so good news:
    Good news- RPI is now tied for 4th place.
    Not so good news- QU has 2 games in hand and Colgate & Dartmouth have 3.
    Still have 2 games against both Colgate and Dartmouth and one game against Quinnipiac though. Quinnipiac moved to 3rd with their win, so no longer tied with them. Anyways, I'm not too worried about our positioning currently because if we keep playing like this, it will work itself out, and we will end up with a high seed.

  18. #118
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    About 10 miles from HFH
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

    Quote Originally Posted by sezenack View Post
    Still have 2 games against both Colgate and Dartmouth and one game against Quinnipiac though. Quinnipiac moved to 3rd with their win, so no longer tied with them. Anyways, I'm not too worried about our positioning currently because if we keep playing like this, it will work itself out, and we will end up with a high seed.
    Oh, I’m not worried either. I’m still delighted with the North Country sweep. Way too early to start thinking about positioning. Would like to get at least a split next weekend.

  19. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Side, HFH
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    Oh, I’m not worried either. I’m still delighted with the North Country sweep. Way too early to start thinking about positioning. Would like to get at least a split next weekend.
    I agree it's much too early to talk seeding/home ice/etc. 11 games in, 11 to go. I agree a split would be welcome next weekend... but it is time to talk about starting to play consistently solid hockey week after week no matter who the weekend's opponents happen to be.

    If we can do that, the results will take care of themselves.

    PS-As a card carrying member og the Goalie Guild, I've been gratified to see the tighter play in our games this weekend and sharper play in the crease these last several games.

  20. #120
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,815

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •