Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    new table:
    Code:
       |     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9    10
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    19 |                             x   0.0   0.9   2.6   0.0     x
    20 |                           0.0   0.1   2.2   2.9   0.0     x
    21 |                           0.1   2.6  11.0   4.4   0.0     x
    22 |                 x     x   0.5   5.3   8.8   1.4   0.0      
    23 |                 x   0.0   4.7  12.8   6.3   0.2     x      
    24 |                 x   0.0   6.6   6.0   1.2   0.0            
    25 |               0.0   0.4   9.3   2.3   0.1     x            
    26 |               0.0   0.7   3.4   0.2   0.0     x            
    27 |               0.1   0.9   1.3   0.0     x                  
    28 |     x     x   0.1   0.2   0.1     x                        
    29 |     x     x   0.1   0.0   0.0
    I assume from the table that we are now a lock for home ice? Decent chances for 5th and 6th and we could do a lot to help that with just getting a point at Cornell tonight. Rooting for all the road teams tonight and all the home teams next Friday (pretty much) but really doubt we will get much help from them.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      I assume from the table that we are now a lock for home ice? Decent chances for 5th and 6th and we could do a lot to help that with just getting a point at Cornell tonight. Rooting for all the road teams tonight and all the home teams next Friday (pretty much) but really doubt we will get much help from them.
      Pretty much. Actually, we can clinch home ice tonight with a win over Cornell, a Brown loss to Harvard, and a loss or tie by Union. But with 3 of our the last 5 games against teams in the Top 4, anything can still happen.
      Hope you’re not on call tonight.

Oh, and attendance at Colgate was a whopping 813 fans. A shame considering how nice their arena looks.

Comment

This is a message for Servinis Scores.
        Start the scores thread.
        I am very superstitious when it comes to this.

Thank You
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

That was a game we had to win, and we did. On 19 with 5 games and a potential 10 points to go. With the other results, at the very least we'll keep pace with Quinnipiac (on 22; they had lost) over the week. Not quite the same story for Harvard (on 22; pulled out a tie) so tonight isn't quite the bonus it was, but it's still close.

The good news is that if we want the bye, the majority of the way to get it is in our hands, as we face the two potential teams we have to pass, of which we only need to pass one. Sure, there's a little help needed, but let's get it done ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            This is a message for Servinis Scores.
            Start the scores thread.
            I am very superstitious when it comes to this.

Thank You
            Seconded.

I may be late.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
                That was a game we had to win, and we did. On 19 with 5 games and a potential 10 points to go. With the other results, at the very least we'll keep pace with Quinnipiac (on 22; they had lost) over the week. Not quite the same story for Harvard (on 22; pulled out a tie) so tonight isn't quite the bonus it was, but it's still close.

The good news is that if we want the bye, the majority of the way to get it is in our hands, as we face the two potential teams we have to pass, of which we only need to pass one. Sure, there's a little help needed, but let's get it done ourselves.
                Very solid win last night. Won the puck battles, stayed out of the box, got grade-A saves from Owen at key moments in the game, got some breaks (3rd goal) and just out-hustled the Raiders in their own barn. A full 60-minute effort. I think this is the kind of hockey Smith wants this team to play. Team playing with confidence right now. Good to see that on the way into Lynah.

Agree with comments on crowd at Class of 1965 Arena. Nice facility. It is a holiday weekend for a lot of folks and the student parking lots showed it. Colgate's band used to be a fixture at these games and no sign of them. The few students on hand seemed to be only the ones with "friends" on the team. Throw in players' families and a handful of locals and that was pretty much it. RPI fans in attendance made as much noise as the Colgate contingent.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                  Pretty much. Actually, we can clinch home ice tonight with a win over Cornell, a Brown loss to Harvard, and a loss or tie by Union. But with 3 of our the last 5 games against teams in the Top 4, anything can still happen.
                  Hope you’re not on call tonight.

Oh, and attendance at Colgate was a whopping 813 fans. A shame considering how nice their arena looks.
                  Unfortunately I have the entire weekend on call. But things could be quiet. We might have one advantage tonight in that although Cornell is truly a top tier team, their penalty kill numbers are not all that good. Their power play numbers however are quite good. if we can manage to draw a few penalties (which is asking a lot) while staying out of the box ourselves, we could have a chance to take advantage. We did not look all that good against them in Troy so I would think we look for any edge we can find.

Jen and i had been in their old rink several time ins the past. Often got to sit almost right on the ice in a very small rink like that. reminded me of Baker down here at Princeton a lot. Big difference was the temperature inside. Most nights you had best wear a fur coat at Baker or suffer from teeth chattering by the third period.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
                    Very solid win last night. Won the puck battles, stayed out of the box, got grade-A saves from Owen at key moments in the game, got some breaks (3rd goal) and just out-hustled the Raiders in their own barn. A full 60-minute effort. I think this is the kind of hockey Smith wants this team to play. Team playing with confidence right now. Good to see that on the way into Lynah.

Agree with comments on crowd at Class of 1965 Arena. Nice facility. It is a holiday weekend for a lot of folks and the student parking lots showed it. Colgate's band used to be a fixture at these games and no sign of them. The few students on hand seemed to be only the ones with "friends" on the team. Throw in players' families and a handful of locals and that was pretty much it. RPI fans in attendance made as much noise as the Colgate contingent.
                    I watched the game on ESPN+, and I agree. Earned some fortunate bounces and did really well to come back after giving up a terrible goal to start the second period. It also has to be said that Colgate was poor again.

The announcer on ESPN+ took a dig at the empty student section behind the goal with a comment to the effect that they "didn't get the memo" that there was a game. Maybe Valentine's day is a big thing on campus, but surprised if President's Day weekend was a factor with the students. Longer winter breaks for colleges don't usually leave room for February days off.

Student spirit at Colgate has been in the news in recent years: people might have heard about the "Colgate" band that was at the NCAA basketball tournament last year: https://deadspin.com/colgate-rented-...rna-1833672399

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                      I watched the game on ESPN+, and I agree. Earned some fortunate bounces and did really well to come back after giving up a terrible goal to start the second period. It also has to be said that Colgate was poor again.

The announcer on ESPN+ took a dig at the empty student section behind the goal with a comment to the effect that they "didn't get the memo" that there was a game. Maybe Valentine's day is a big thing on campus, but surprised if President's Day weekend was a factor with the students. Longer winter breaks for colleges don't usually leave room for February days off.

Student spirit at Colgate has been in the news in recent years: people might have heard about the "Colgate" band that was at the NCAA basketball tournament last year: https://deadspin.com/colgate-rented-...rna-1833672399
                      http://apbwiki.rpipepbandalumni.org/...fety_Band_v2.0

Comment

Too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Seconded.

I may be late.
                          Sorry - just did it. Wasn't up to speed on the protocol
                          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                            Sorry - just did it. Wasn't up to speed on the protocol
                            Lots of compulsive behavior around here. Freud would have a field day! As would Paul Eugen Bleuler. As for myself i am fairly well adjusted but occasionally have been hearing voices lately. I don't answer them and choose to ignore them but lately they have been giving some rather good advice!

Comment

Frustrating loss. The guys did well to hang in after a brutal first period performance, and had a couple golden opportunities to score the tying goal. Unfortunately, we just lack that bit of high-end skill to take advantage of the few chances Cornell allows teams.

Comment

We showed a lot of fight and ability tonight in my opinion. The boys should be proud of how they fought back and were the better team for the last 40 minutes of the game against one of the best teams in the country. They should have an easier time with Quinnipiac on Friday, and with the way they played this weekend, I think we can win that

Comment

Working...
                                X