Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

In the book, like in the movie, Bowers (the nuthouse guy) was basically recruited by Pennywise to help on the overall goal, since Pennywise was having difficulty doing it himself. That's the reason he was "liberated."

And yes, many of King's books end with a sci-fi ending; at least this movie provided some backstory for it. In the book, there is no backstory, it just happens (same with the mini-series).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The book also apparently includes 12 year-olds having an orgy with their one female friend, but let's just gloss over that little detail.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        The book also apparently includes 12 year-olds having an orgy with their one female friend, but let's just gloss over that little detail.
        To be fair, it was not an orgy. She pulled the train.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

being there

being brilliant. yet another 70s movie that exudes awesomeness. dam near perfect. peter sellers at his finest (which is, or course, saying a lot). great supporting cast too
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            being there

being brilliant. yet another 70s movie that exudes awesomeness. dam near perfect. peter sellers at his finest (which is, or course, saying a lot). great supporting cast too
            This is another one I have not seen that I need to see.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I wanted to see Being There because even at my age then I was a Seller fan, but I swear my memory is telling me I did not because it was absolutely panned by critics, and yet in looking now I see 4/4 from Siskel/Ebert, 94% RT (yes I know it didn't exist then), etc.

I will need to remedy that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I wanted to see Being There because even at my age then I was a Seller fan, but I swear my memory is telling me I did not because it was absolutely panned by critics, and yet in looking now I see 4/4 from Siskel/Ebert, 94% RT (yes I know it didn't exist then), etc.

I will need to remedy that.
                I can't imagine critics panning Being There, it's a classic critics' movie. I can imagine audiences who expected Clouseau leaving in a huff.

Jerzy Kozinski's book is supposed to be brilliant (also, plagiarized). The movie is superb.
                Last edited by Kepler; 01-23-2020, 02:36 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  To be fair, it was not an orgy. She pulled the train.
                  That train was a-runnin'. I'm glad they left that out of the movie; didn't even hint at it, that it could have happened.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Because it would have been impossible to defend during the age of me too
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Because it would have been impossible to defend during the age of me too
                      There were a couple graphic scenes in the US Version of "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo." Now that was JUST before (or maybe the beginning) of MeToo.

IT could have hinted at it without showing anything. My guess is they used that swimming scene/cliff scene where they are admiring Bev as the substitute.

Comment

It didn’t serve any purpose
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          There were a couple graphic scenes in the US Version of "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo." Now that was JUST before (or maybe the beginning) of MeToo.

IT could have hinted at it without showing anything. My guess is they used that swimming scene/cliff scene where they are admiring Bev as the substitute.
                          I think they used the blood brothers scene in the first movie to make the point of forming a bond between them all. Frankly that got across the point without the *** aspect of the gang bang.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

It didn’t serve any purpose
                            The book detail? Sure it did, although in a twisted sense. Most everyone remembers their "first," and that...event...bonded them for life, even more so than the blood pact.

Edit: French: I thought they ALSO did the blood pact in the book...am I remembering wrongly?

Comment

Sorry, but there hasn’t been a thought provoking use of those themes since Nobokov.
                              Code:

Comment

Sorry, but there hasn’t been a thought provoking use of those themes since Nobokov.
                                For the "Girl With" trilogy (and the US version), it did add depth to the horrible things that Lisbeth went through. Now, IMO, they didn't have to show the details, they could have done a lead up to what happened; for the 2nd scene, a shot of her handcuffed to the bed, maybe a sound effect of the clothes ripping. Those are two scenes I'll never watch again.

Comment

Working...
                                X