X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Good lord dude. I have corrected you on this like 12 times
    OK, OK, sorry. Just being sure. But I do know somebody was being your Mini Me during one of those whining sessions. Was it Brent?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      Handy's a hipster, not a hillbilly...not sure who the resident hillbilly is here.
      I like too much stuff to be a hipster. Hell I even enjoy other people liking stuff which is Anti Hipster. Kepler would be closer to a hipster except he is too old and is closer to needing a new hip
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Kepler would be closer to a hipster except he is too old and is closer to needing a new hip
        I was hip before it was hep to be hip.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          OK, OK, sorry. Just being sure. But I do know somebody was being your Mini Me during one of those whining sessions. Was it Brent?
          Maybe. Depends on the type of film. (he likes Tarantino more than me)
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

In all seriousness how can you not like Tarantino? The gratuitous violence is sometimes more disturbing than funny (I can't watch the Reservoir Dogs torture scene) but otherwise Jesus Christ he's a hoot and he is so f-cking on point. Tarantino is Woody if Woody could really joke about himself and wasn't, well, you know, a pedophile.
            Cornell University

Comment

I dunno it's nothing against him personally cause I think he is the best interview but I just never got into his films. I like parts of all of them though.

I am also friends with some super Tarantino freaks which doesn't help. They ruined Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction with the constant jibber jabber about them.

I would sell a kidney to watch movies with him.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Reservoir Dogs is OK. Pulp Fiction, I recall being above average, but I'd really need to re-watch to be sure. I loved the Kill Bill movies, as well as Inglorious Basterds.

Comment

Just saw 1917, really good and gripping movie. Some backstory- the writer/director based this off of stories from his grandfather. So it's based on first hand stories.

There have been some good movies this year, but my bet is that it's going to get Best Picture and Best Director. Although we have to wait for the nominees on Monday.

Comment

I like some artsy movies (The Red Violin was great). But you put The Tree Of Life in front of me and I will stab you in the throat with my PS3 controller.

I want to see the Russian Five, waiting for Netflix to get it. As for companion pieces, the 30 For 30 Miracle Men and the previously mentioned Red Army are perfect companion pieces. It's one long story, but released by two separate entities.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      As you sit in your backwoods Alaska cabin ...
                      By cabin you mean apartment and by backwoods you mean small city?

(Your comebacks are bad and you should feel bad)
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The Russian Five was terrific.

Comment

Give Ethan Suplee a Google. He looks... different.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            Give Ethan Suplee a Google. He looks... different.
                            Finally seeing the sailboat gave him immense strength.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Finally seeing the sailboat gave him immense strength.
                              It's a schooner...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                It's a schooner...
                                You dumb bastard.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X