This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    THANK YOU! Either he was doing a JT impression or he flat out ripped him off cause that is definitely who he was trying to be.
    I said the same thing earlier (in the previous movie thread) when someone shared the trailer.

Comment

Re: Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

That was definitely my first thought also, when seeing the promos.

That being said, still looking forward to the movie.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
        Should have been John Turturro...
        I don’t live with my mother, she lives with me. There’s a difference.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The Linda Rondstadt CNN movie is very good so far. I was but a toddler (at best) when she was really big...amazing story with all the people she worked with.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            The Linda Rondstadt CNN movie is very good so far. I was but a toddler (at best) when she was really big...amazing story with all the people she worked with.
            Solid watch. Yeah. Hoo boy.

Comment

Got half an hour into Look Who's Back before going to sleep last night. It's perfectly made. The lead actor is terrific, the writing is very good. I'm sure we're missing a trillion inside jokes and nuances.

And it is, of course, terrifying to note the parallels.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Look Who’s Back is amazing.

Hilarious then bone-chilling.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

on the flight did

fast and furious hobbs and shaw
                  driven
                  angel has fallen

eh. not sure mookie would bother watching any again.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Bombshell was pretty good. Reminds you how awesome
                    It is to be female. I’m also so embarrassed all over again for Gavin N - cannot believe he was with Kimberly G.

I hear once upon a time may win golden globes tonight but I think knives out is much more deserving for best comedy

Comment

I get the impression Guilfoyle is different inside and out now.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Code:

Comment

On my flight back yesterday I watched The Russian Five, a documentary about the five Russian players who played for the Red Wings in the 1990's, the process of getting the players on the team, and their battle to finally win the Cup.

I also watched Framing John DeLorean, a documentary about the car maker.

I enjoyed both of them, although the DeLorean movie has an odd structure. It's a documentary, but within the documentary you also have actors and actresses (including Alec Baldwin as DeLorean) re-creating certain pivotal events in DeLorean's life, and a behind the scenes look at these actors preparing to play their roles. I thought that was all a bit unnecessary and distracting, but the story is so interesting and the various talking heads (including DeLorean's children) so good that it's worth a watch.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            I hear once upon a time may win golden globes tonight but I think knives out is much more deserving for best comedy
                            I don't see these in the same category at all. Once Upon a Time is a very smart and painterly movie, Knives Out is a fun, disposable one. I don't know if the GG lean one way or the other -- are they more like Cannes (smart) or the Oscars (dumb)? Or is it just fixed according to who buys more votes? If it comes down to cast that's kind of a wash, too.

Who won? I guess Quentin for the prestige?
                            Last edited by Kepler; 01-10-2020, 01:56 PM.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              On my flight back yesterday I watched The Russian Five, a documentary about the five Russian players who played for the Red Wings in the 1990's, the process of getting the players on the team, and their battle to finally win the Cup.
                              Recommend?
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I don't see these in the same category at all. Once Upon a Time is a very smart and painterly movie, Knives Out is a fun, disposable one. I don't know if the GG lean one way or the other -- are they more like Cannes (smart) or the Oscars (dumb)? Or is it just fixed according to who buys more votes? If it comes down to cast that's kind of a wash, too.

Who won? I guess Quentin for the prestige?
                                The Golden Globes are voted upon by the Hollywood Foreign Press. I don't know what that means for the intelligence of the voters.

https://www.goldenglobes.com/winners-nominees

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood won the award.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X