Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Got my must haves in for Christmas, those being Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story.

Also fit in Home Alone and Elf.

For whatever reason White Christmas was on somewhere 24/7 for all of December so I think I ended up seeing the whole thing through like five separate viewings.

While not a movie, also fit in Night of the Meek from the Twilight Zone. One of the few sentimental TZ episodes.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Got my must haves in for Christmas, those being Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story.

Also fit in Home Alone and Elf.

For whatever reason White Christmas was on somewhere 24/7 for all of December so I think I ended up seeing the whole thing through like five separate viewings.

While not a movie, also fit in Night of the Meek from the Twilight Zone. One of the few sentimental TZ episodes.
      Got those first two movies in, and also the Netflix A Very Murray Christmas (which I consider a new classic). It's a musical "TV" special, and I love it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Firebombing, yes that’s what Jesus would have done!
        Lol, I hope way more people watch this now.

From NYT:

“ A Brazilian film company was firebombed on Christmas Eve, after being criticized for producing a Netflix movie depicting Jesus Christ as a gay man. A video taking credit made clear the act was to silence artists whose works take aim at conservatives.”

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

From NYT:

“ A Brazilian film company was firebombed on Christmas Eve, after being criticized for producing a Netflix movie depicting Jesus Christ as a gay man. A video taking credit made clear the act was to silence artists whose works take aim at conservatives.”
          A guy on the Narcos production crew was killed, due to the depiction of the cartels. They don't mess around in Central/South America.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

From NYT:

I assume Bolsanaro will welcome the murderer the way Dump welcomes war criminals.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Stuck inside due to ice storm and just found Youngblood on some weird channel. YES

Comment

Stuck inside due to ice storm and just found Youngblood on some weird channel. YES
                “Fast legs, slow fists.”
                “The guy suckered me.”
                “Oh, poor baby. Hey, maybe next time we can send you a telegram: get ready for the right hook!”
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  “Fast legs, slow fists.”
                  “The guy suckered me.”
                  “Oh, poor baby. Hey, maybe next time we can send you a telegram: get ready for the right hook!”
                  "I never watched a game in my life."
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Get Hard

Dumb. Many many references to gay oral sex.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I have no desire to see Cats. But the reviews are hilarious.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        I have no desire to see Cats. But the reviews are hilarious.
                        I predicted low 40s mid 30s on RT.

18, boys and girls. Eight. Teen.

We will not see the likes of Cats again. Which, in a way is a shame. This is one of the worst films I've ever seen. I also hope that everyone goes to see it and that it wins Best Picture at the Oscars in 2020. Can't recommend it highly enough.
                        A truly terrible 'Memory' that will haunt me for a thousand lifetimes.
                        It's not the film-making that is wrong with Cats, it's the fact that the film even exists.
                        The movie IS bad - but not enough to be interesting (Hooper is incompetent even in his incompetence). The result is a stupid and aesthetically heinous bore. [Full review in Portuguese]
                        And my favorite POSITIVE review:

The movie is literally Caligula meets The Aristocats, something all cult film fans must see.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 12-30-2019, 09:42 AM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Uncut Gems...meh. Most of the story is predictable and I honestly didn't much care for Adam Sandler's performance.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Saw Bombshell today. Liked it. Didn’t love it. I feel they made Megyn Kelly to be more of a hero than she actually was, considering her very short tenure at NBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Uncut Gems...meh. Most of the story is predictable and I honestly didn't much care for Adam Sandler's performance.
                              Should have been John Turturro...

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                                Should have been John Turturro...
                                THANK YOU! Either he was doing a JT impression or he flat out ripped him off cause that is definitely who he was trying to be.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X