Clear All

• Re: Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Gotta love suits.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Gotta love suits.
      There's gotta be a way to do this right. I understand what Disney is freaked out about -- they can't let precedents happen without payment or later some commercial entity will start ripping them off and be able to cite this in court.

So, have an implicit license that says schools can use Disney stuff for free. Or charge them the $250... and then donate $25,000 to them!

There are ways to make this a positive but all too often the suits do f-ck it up. My daughter's elementary school had a reproduction of a Disney character painted on the wall by a student with a terminal illness and they made them paint over it. Take everybody who litigates something like that and shoot them directly into the sun. You'd be giving the species a great leap forward on empathy.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Gotta love suits.
        As much as Disney is the villain of the piece, odds are that no one at the Mouse House had even heard about this until it appeared on CNN.

Comment

I like this take:

"Both Disney and the school are fine. The narc sucks"
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            I like this take:

"Both Disney and the school are fine. The narc sucks"
            "I know it was you, Carol!"

Comment

Parasite is fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Parasite is fantastic
                Yep, I thought so too.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Two things: There are six other people currently in the IMAX theatre with me for Birds of Prey. That’s a good start to the weekend.

Also it’s 8:55pm. Showtime was 8:45p. Not a single sound or on-screen visual has happened yet. No preview commercials and no trailers as of yet. Blah. Figured this would happen sooner or later. Blah.
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                    Two things: There are six other people currently in the IMAX theatre with me for Birds of Prey. That’s a good start to the weekend.

Also it’s 8:55pm. Showtime was 8:45p. Not a single sound or on-screen visual has happened yet. No preview commercials and no trailers as of yet. Blah. Figured this would happen sooner or later. Blah.
                    Hitting that movie Sunday morning. So far, 2 showings at 11am, a total of about 5 tix sold as of last night. AND it's super cheap (under $6). Perfect.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I had way more than that. It was a fun movie. I enjoyed every minute.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Good to hear. I simply hope for a fun movie.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Birds of Prey was a textbook example of the "Action Comedy" genre done right. Agree with Scooby about this movie being just plain fun throughout.

I was surprised at how well Ewan McGregor played Black Mask the way he did. I never viewed him as the type of actor who can just chew the scenery like he does. Great choices were made.
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            I saw it Wednesday, figured you would enjoy it. Buddy and I had a blast
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Captain Marvel 2 will re-introduce Rogue, hopefully this time with a non-****ty actress. (Not that "Dark Phoenix" is a good sign for re-introducing people.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Bong Joon Ho is great, and I love that he keeps winning for Parasite

Comment

Working...
                                X