This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Watching Singin' in the Rain for the 6th or 7th time during the TCM Oscars Month. Hard to compare a musical with Casablanca (adventure) or Citizen Kane (art house) but by plenty of measures it has a claim to be the best movie ever made.

What's the best mystery / detective movie ever made? My personal favorite is Double Indemnity, but I can also see arguments for The Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep, The Third Man, The Thin Man, Vertigo, Laura, Chinatown.
    Now you're making me sad that Comcast removed TCM from my mid-tier package and made it an add-on package.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Watching Singin' in the Rain for the 6th or 7th time during the TCM Oscars Month. Hard to compare a musical with Casablanca (adventure) or Citizen Kane (art house) but by plenty of measures it has a claim to be the best movie ever made.

What's the best mystery / detective movie ever made? My personal favorite is Double Indemnity, but I can also see arguments for The Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep, The Third Man, The Thin Man, Vertigo, Laura, Chinatown.
      Try a Singin' in the Rain / A Clockwork Orange double feature.

Comment

• Re: Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Try a Singin' in the Rain / A Clockwork Orange double feature.
        It's actually impossible for me to watch one without thinking of the other, which is very very strange.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Rumor running around that Cavill is the next Wolverine. Weird.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Rumor running around that Cavill is the next Wolverine. Weird.
            Well Wolverine is a rather one note character that broods all the time so Cavill fits

(I know Wolverine can be more than that and I actually Like Cavill as an actor but the meme works so shut up!)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He can grow the mustache for it.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                He can grow the mustache for it.
                I've been jumping threads and I thought you meant Dump and Hitler.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I've been jumping threads and I thought you meant Dump and Hitler.
                  I'd go 5:1 that Dump can't grow a mustache. At least a good one. 10:1 that he can't rock a beard.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    I'd go 5:1 that Dump can't grow a mustache. At least a good one. 10:1 that he can't rock a beard.
                    He's blonde (more so than me, assuming he hasn't just bleached and colored since the 80s). I'll admit, we blonde/dark-blonde dudes struggle on that front. After a clean-shave, it takes 3-4 weeks to grow something that doesn't look "homeless".

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      He's blonde (more so than me, assuming he hasn't just bleached and colored since the 80s). I'll admit, we blonde/dark-blonde dudes struggle on that front. After a clean-shave, it takes 3-4 weeks to grow something that doesn't look "homeless".
                      I'll give you that.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Remember the movie about the rich elites who hunt humans for sport, but was shelved because of the mass shootings (and Dumpf feeling attacked by it) last fall?

Turns out, Universal Pictures has decided to release it anyway.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Remember the movie about the rich elites who hunt humans for sport, but was shelved because of the mass shootings (and Dumpf feeling attacked by it) last fall?

Turns out, Universal Pictures has decided to release it anyway.
                          Sweet.

Although, it is just the same as Battle Royale/Hunger Games. That being said, excited to see it.

Comment

Watching American Grafitti on my flight back to DTW. Love Richard Dreyfuss with hair, but Paul Le Mat is the real scene-stealer in this one. Ron Howard is just kinda there, being Ron Howard.

Also interesting to see a George Lucas movie that isn't Star Wars or Indiana Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Watching American Grafitti on my flight back to DTW. Love Richard Dreyfuss with hair, but Paul Le Mat is the real scene-stealer in this one. Ron Howard is just kinda there, being Ron Howard.

Also interesting to see a George Lucas movie that isn't Star Wars or Indiana Jones.
                              Two fun facts about Indiana Jones:

1. Lucas wrote it as "Indiana Smith."

2. Clint Eastwood was supposed to play him, which would have been awful.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Two fun facts about Indiana Jones:

1. Lucas wrote it as "Indiana Smith."

2. Clint Eastwood was supposed to play him, which would have been awful.
                                3. In the original script we see 37 year old college professor Indiana Smith fooling around with one of his students.

4. Marion is 25. Their relationship ended 10 years ago. So when she says, "I was a child," she's being literal...

Comment

Working...
                                X