Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

3 is awesome. I think the "fall off" that so many find in the films is that the back story is almost all gone and now he is just unchained and destroying the system that created him. Some people justified their liking of the first film to the idea that he was grieving the loss of his wife and the dog...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      3 is awesome. I think the "fall off" that so many find in the films is that the back story is almost all gone and now he is just unchained and destroying the system that created him. Some people justified their liking of the first film to the idea that he was grieving the loss of his wife and the dog...
      That was the case for me. It went from majority story/some kicking butt, to half story/half kicking butt, to little story/lots of kicking butt.

Now, there's nothing really wrong with 3, I just wish the sequels were more like the first one in balance. *shrug*
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Ted

How he hell did walhberg not win an Oscar for the fight scene in the hotel room?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          That was the case for me. It went from majority story/some kicking butt, to half story/half kicking butt, to little story/lots of kicking butt.

Now, there's nothing really wrong with 3, I just wish the sequels were more like the first one in balance. *shrug*
          I get it...but since sequels almost always lessen the story you just need to go in with the feeling that will happen here. If you put it on the arc of Rocky it will make more sense. (though Rocky 3 is awful unlike John Wick 3) The revenge angle and the wife angle only works so long before the audience is like "yeah we get it, you are sad get over it already!". He got past that and now he is just angry and is also fighting to stay alive.

Plus Halle Berry is just a badass in 3
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I get it...but since sequels almost always lessen the story you just need to go in with the feeling that will happen here. If you put it on the arc of Rocky it will make more sense. (though Rocky 3 is awful unlike John Wick 3) The revenge angle and the wife angle only works so long before the audience is like "yeah we get it, you are sad get over it already!". He got past that and now he is just angry and is also fighting to stay alive.

Plus Halle Berry is just a badass in 3
            But Rocky IV was awesome!

They could have branched out Wick's storyline, also. Now that he's "back," give him a contract or two, or whatever. I'll probably give the 3rd a second viewing, and make sure my assessment is what I really feel. I often give movies a second chance.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Ted

How he hell did walhberg not win an Oscar for the fight scene in the hotel room?
              The behind the scenes video from how they made that scene is neat. Other than thr CGI Ted, all they did was cut frames from the film to speed up the impacts of things hitting Mark/when he hits himself.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                But Rocky IV was awesome!

They could have branched out Wick's storyline, also. Now that he's "back," give him a contract or two, or whatever. I'll probably give the 3rd a second viewing, and make sure my assessment is what I really feel. I often give movies a second chance.
                They kind of did...i mean you get the story of how he joined plus the back story with Halle. Plus Ian McShane is just so awesome in that film.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I still have not seen JW3. I loved 1 & 2.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Never fails. I always turn to it at the same moment:

'Nother cow.

Same one, I think.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

JW3 was boring and repetitive to the point of being absurd. Oh look - not 1 person out of 500 can put a finishing blow/shot/stab on him again. Close range, mid-range, can I get an effing sniper around here? How fun!! Ooh but instead of fighting in a cave or sewer it was in a fun house or was it in the street? I don't know it all ran together and sucked hard. Some movies can survice without an actual plot JW3 and JW2 to a slightly lesser extent are not included.

Now admittedly I could barely tolerate JW1 but I've at least rewatched it a few times. 2 and 3 forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        JW3 was boring and repetitive to the point of being absurd. Oh look - not 1 person out of 500 can put a finishing blow/shot/stab on him again. Close range, mid-range, can I get an effing sniper around here? How fun!! Ooh but instead of fighting in a cave or sewer it was in a fun house or was it in the street? I don't know it all ran together and sucked hard. Some movies can survice without an actual plot JW3 and JW2 to a slightly lesser extent are not included.

Now admittedly I could barely tolerate JW1 but I've at least rewatched it a few times. 2 and 3 forget it.
                        Suspension of disbelief is one of the most wonderful and powerful things about film. I love it.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Suspension of disbelief is one of the most wonderful and powerful things about film. I love it.
                          I love Star Wars, most of the Avengers, Bourne, Bond...

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            scooby shoulda heard mookie gasp when lennon opened the door in Yesterday
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              That was an awesome moment
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                So what was Lennon in the alt-history?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X