Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    That was a really good movie. Hoo boy.
    The funny thing is, at the time period of 05-09 I was an auditor for an agency where I was reviewing escrow accounts, construction escrow accounts, bank statements corresponding with those accounts and closing files, HUD statements etc. in 06 I distinctly recall working on an audit in Minneapolis and reviewing HUD statements and supporting docs where people just out of college and with incomes that couldn’t support it we’re buying $500k-600k homes and I was completely baffled as we’re my co-workers. They were all adjustable rate mortgages.

After that audit I noted similar situations over and over again in all of the states I was assigned to. But I didn’t realize just how big of a problem it really was.

Gd this movie is hitting home and the acting is incredible to.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      Watching The Big Short for the first time. Holy **** this is great!!!
      I watch this every time I fly. I have no idea why. One of my favorite movies of all time.

I’ve never been so angry in my life watching a move.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The funny thing is, at the time period of 05-09 I was an auditor for an agency where I was reviewing escrow accounts, construction escrow accounts, bank statements corresponding with those accounts and closing files, HUD statements etc. in 06 I distinctly recall working on an audit in Minneapolis and reviewing HUD statements and supporting docs where people just out of college and with incomes that couldn’t support it we’re buying $500k-600k homes and I was completely baffled as we’re my co-workers. They were all adjustable rate mortgages.

After that audit I noted similar situations over and over again in all of the states I was assigned to. But I didn’t realize just how big of a problem it really was.

Gd this movie is hitting home and the acting is incredible to.
        In layman's terms, when I was seeing 1 BR houses with nothing lawns in meh neighborhoods going for $250+K...something is wrong there. And there was.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I watch this every time I fly. I have no idea why. One of my favorite movies of all time.

I’ve never been so angry in my life watching a move.
          It makes me incredibly angry but I find myself tearing up as well. The rotten ********.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            In layman's terms, when I was seeing 1 BR houses with nothing lawns in meh neighborhoods going for $250+K...something is wrong there. And there was.
            Yes! That was one of the other issues we were flagging. Over inflated home values. Or, so we thought based on prior years experience...Ugh...

Comment

It makes me incredibly angry but I find myself tearing up as well. The rotten ********.
              I think part of the reason is that the "bad guy" says he's a bad guy, he just profited off the rules, so in essence he's not a BAD bad guy, the government is. It's twisted.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I’ve never been so angry in my life watching a movie.
                Exactly. I can't watch it again or I will start randomly murdering finance people and, while a valuable public service, that is inconvenient.

What can I say? I'm a shirker.
                Last edited by Kepler; 03-29-2020, 12:15 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Last night was Mean Streets. That is the most Scorsesed a movie could ever be! LOVED IT!
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This week's category...Best Picture nominees that lost. (The Spielberg Category)

Tonight...Bonnie and Clyde! What a great flick
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      This week's category...Best Picture nominees that lost. (The Spielberg Category)

That was a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Shiat. You could just spend the whole week on 1995 alone. Pulp Fiction, Shawshank, Quiz Show, and 4 Weddings were the runners up that year.

Comment

Finished reading Shoeless Joe, aka the Field of Dreams book.

Movie did it better. Though I didn’t realize it differed so much. Not like it had any major plot changes or anything, but about half the characters in the book are gone, some scenes in the book are merged in the movies, and probably the biggest thing that jumped out to me is that the first third or so of the movie is wrapped up in about the first 20 pages of the book.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I don't even know where you'd start with that category. You're going to need a longer quarantine.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

This week's category...Best Picture nominees that lost.
                              The Wizard of Oz
                              Dr. Strangelove
                              Double Indemnity
                              The Front Page
                              Grand Illusion
                              12 Angry Men
                              Sunset Boulevard
                              To Kill a Mockingbird
                              The Lion in Winter
                              Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?
                              The Great Dictator
                              Cornell University
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                Finished reading Shoeless Joe, aka the Field of Dreams book.

Movie did it better. Though I didn’t realize it differed so much. Not like it had any major plot changes or anything, but about half the characters in the book are gone, some scenes in the book are merged in the movies, and probably the biggest thing that jumped out to me is that the first third or so of the movie is wrapped up in about the first 20 pages of the book.
                                Read the Iowa Baseball Confederacy. Much better book.

His Canadian fur trapper / injun stuff is supposed to be good but I never got into it.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X