2019-20 pwr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    The HarborCenter is small. Technically too small for a neutral site. If anything, you may not want four close teams... :-)
    If Norwich is fortunate enough to make it, I’ll be in good shape
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

The HarborCenter is small. Technically too small for a neutral site. If anything, you may not want four close teams... :-)
      I agree. It only has a capacity of 1800. Why would the NCAA hold it there?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 pwr

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        Supposedly, Pagulla gave them a great deal.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Hotel too?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

The NYSPHSAA championships are there March 14-15 as well. Seems like they are beating out every other venue.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

We played a tournament there a few weeks ago. It's small for sure, but at the size of the recent Final Fours it will just be big enough. Locker rooms were okay size. Ice was pretty good. There is also a side rink for practices as well. Expect $30 to park in the garage right there and the 716 is pretty $$....and dont go with a big group, they wont split checks. We like the little pizza/brewery just up the road by CanalSide! Cheaper hotel too!
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                We played a tournament there a few weeks ago. It's small for sure, but at the size of the recent Final Fours it will just be big enough. Locker rooms were okay size. Ice was pretty good. There is also a side rink for practices as well. Expect $30 to park in the garage right there and the 716 is pretty $$....and dont go with a big group, they wont split checks. We like the little pizza/brewery just up the road by CanalSide! Cheaper hotel too!
                Pearl Street Brewery is a staple. Dinosaur BBQ also has a location near there too.

1800 seats and I’ve heard it’s 2200 standing. I think it will be a pretty good sized venue unless it’s those 4 teams there and then tickets could be tough.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Pearl Street Brewery is a staple. Dinosaur BBQ also has a location near there too.

1800 seats and I’ve heard it’s 2200 standing. I think it will be a pretty good sized venue unless it’s those 4 teams there and then tickets could be tough.
                  Big Ditch was just voted tops in NYS. Busy place tho. As our poster says... "Our drinking team has a hockey problem"
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Wikipedia says 1800. No mention of 400 standing. Not sure either way.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      Wikipedia says 1800. No mention of 400 standing. Not sure either way.
                      I would say 2200 is doable there. Lots of standing room.
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Hotel too?
                        Probably not because that’s where he will make his money...
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                          The only time that you'll end up seeing a difference is on the rare occasion that USCHO has a game as neutral instead of home/visitor or vice versa. And that discrepancy usually is spotted and corrected.
                          Siting doesn't matter via the PW, in either case.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Siting doesn't matter via the PW, in either case.
                            It affects the RPI which is a component of the PairWise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                              It affects the RPI which is a component of the PairWise.
                              It is in fact the most important component of the Pairwise. Currently you would have to go all the way down to #40 (Naz) to find a team with a different ranking in the PWR from its rank in the RPI. For all practical purposes the RPI and PWR are identical.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

They went to Androscoggin, didn't they?

(Speaking to head scratching locations)
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X