2019-20 pwr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-20 pwr

Wouldn't Eau Claire (8) and Marian (9) get the final two Pool C bids under this scenario?

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairw...ngs/d-iii-men/
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
      Wouldn't Eau Claire (8) and Marian (9) get the final two Pool C bids under this scenario?

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairw...ngs/d-iii-men/
      I think he’s actually got it correct. Oswego and Stevenson technically lead their conferences by the current standings.

That makes the Pool C bids:

Utica, Babson, Geneseo and Canton. All of which are above Eau Claire and Marian currently.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        I think he’s actually got it correct. Oswego and Stevenson technically lead their conferences by the current standings.

That makes the Pool C bids:

Utica, Babson, Geneseo and Canton. All of which are above Eau Claire and Marian currently.
        Thanks Prez...I didn't look that deep..,,
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
          Interesting travel for the first round here... 3 New England schools, 4 New York schools, and one in Maryland... would they drastically play with the matchups to try and reduce travel a little? (For instance, you could switch Canton and U. of New England (496 miles). I would love to have seen what they did with this lineup... I doubt the final setup will only have 2 western teams.
          As long as the match ups are within 500 miles, they usually try for bracket integrity first with the caveat being what type of travel may occur in the second round.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I have been watching these posts for a few years, and they always interest me. However, I am not a math major (actually American History!), so my question: Is there someplace I can go to find an explanation of KRACH, PairWise and the RPI and, explain it to me like I am a 6-year-old?

Comment

Canton’s schedule is a problem for me, but hey, you can only play who’s next up on it...
              http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1920/schedules/cntm

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                Canton’s schedule is a problem for me, but hey, you can only play who’s next up on it...
                And we'll see what affect it has on their PWR.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                  I have been watching these posts for a few years, and they always interest me. However, I am not a math major (actually American History!), so my question: Is there someplace I can go to find an explanation of KRACH, PairWise and the RPI and, explain it to me like I am a 6-year-old?
                  On the bottom of the PWR rankings, they provide a brief explanation for that one.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

https://www.collegehockeystats.net/1920/schedules/cntm

Their remaining strength of schedule will negatively affect them?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyTime9 View Post
                      Their remaining strength of schedule will negatively affect them?
                      Welcome….and I would imagine that Oswego's bad start to the season,will not help them when they meet,but maybe later on in the season

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                        The only thing that matters is the PWR, as far as an AL bid goes.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-21-2020, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          The only thing that matters is the PWR, as far as an AL bid goes.
                          Because of the fact that the pairwise has 3 elements - Head to Head, Common Opponents, and RPI and most teams haven't played each other, the RPI and PWR are almost identical. If you read down the RPI rank column on the PWR, you usually see that the PWR and RPI rank are the same. Scanning the current PWR, there are only 4 instances of teams with ranks in the PWR different from their ranks in the RPI, and those differences are only one position.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            Because of the fact that the pairwise has 3 elements - Head to Head, Common Opponents, and RPI and most teams haven't played each other, the RPI and PWR are almost identical. If you read down the RPI rank column on the PWR, you usually see that the PWR and RPI rank are the same. Scanning the current PWR, there are only 4 instances of teams with ranks in the PWR different from their ranks in the RPI, and those differences are only one position.
                            In the Men's Div I PWR, you have to go all the way to #27 before the RPI and PWR differ.... and, like Div III, it's only one spot. I found one school AIC (#38 PWR) who was two spots higher in the PWR than their RPI ranking.
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Yeah, it's like that every year. I don't suppose it hurts to include H2H and COP, but, as you've alluded-to, that very rarely matters in either case.

I'm sure a more thorough metric will be employed in the future, but at least we -at long last- have an objective one, as imperfect as it is.

That sure beats the smoky rooms and the invented "rankings", a la the old D-3 Hockey site's constructs, which were pulled that out of thin air for the most part.

Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-23-2020, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Today’s loss to AM highlights these concerns....

r

Comment

Working...
                                X