Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 pwr

Originally posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Of these teams, Concordia can only play Eau Claire without flying. And Lake Forest can only play Eau Claire or Adrian without flying. With that in mind, if this is the group of west teams we get, it seems very likely all four byes go west. That would give you Concordia at Eau Claire and Lake Forest at Adrian in the quarterfinals.
    Yeah, there's that "geographical" thing, which messes with the seedings and the sitings.

Perhaps -some fine day- the NCAA will divert a buck or two from the bloated pig that is the hoops tournament just to make D-3 hockey more of an equitable deal.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-01-2020, 09:17 PM.

Comment

So if I am reading this correctly, the #1 and #2 teams in the pairwise say Utica and Norwich or Norwich Utica wouldn't get a bye? That makes no sense unless I'm not interpreting this correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
        Sure, I understand completely and have no problem if that is the way the tournament is seeded.

It was more just an observation about how there is something to still be said about the eye test (not that Utica isn’t an excellent team.) I have never seen defensive statistics like Norwich is posting this season and I am a subscriber of the idea that defense wins in NCAA tournament games.
        Not arguing with that point.

NU has allowed amazingly few GAPG's this season, and Utica leads the nation in GPG.

That would be a fun watch, it it happens.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-01-2020, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
          So if I am reading this correctly, the #1 and #2 teams in the pairwise say Utica and Norwich or Norwich Utica wouldn't get a bye? That makes no sense unless I'm not interpreting this correctly.
          UC gets a bye. Take that to the bank, Caps.

Norwikh, too.

Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-01-2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Ok. I was getting ready to vomit in my mouth if that was the case!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Not arguing with that point.

NU has allowed amazingly few GAPG's this season, and Utica leads the nation in GPG.

That would be a fun watch, it it happens.
              Sure would be fun to see those two standing face to face on the final day of season in Buffalo. With UC standing at the end of course!

Comment

I made an error running the NCAA distance tool and thought that Concordia (MN) was listed as Concordia St. Paul. That changes things a bit.

On the other hand, if St. Thomas beats Concordia for the MIAC title, the 3 team triad set up will be in play. The NCAA has done the all 4 byes to the West setup in the past.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Norwikh, too.

Not if the current 12 teams are the ones standing next weekend.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    Not if the current 12 teams are the ones standing next weekend.
                    So the top four teams in the pairwise would not get a first round bye due to mileage? That is just absurd to me. I'll argue this like Fish argues the A.Q. vs. Regular season. So basically punish teams in the east or west just because of distance. Dumbest **** s*** I've ever heard of!

Comment

Couldn't agree more. I'm tired of the NCAA and it's 500 mile rule. If they would only buck up and spend a few pennies out of their huge bank account to eliminate the dumbest rule ever then we would have a fair and equitable tournament that makes sense bracket-wise. The only ones that suffer are the student-athletes and all the hard work they put in over the course of the season. Maybe someday the NCAA will leave their ego at the door and make the 500 mile thing go away.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                        So the top four teams in the pairwise would not get a first round bye due to mileage? That is just absurd to me. I'll argue this like Fish argues the A.Q. vs. Regular season. So basically punish teams in the east or west just because of distance. Dumbest **** s*** I've ever heard of!
                        See 2019, with #4 SNC hosting #8 Augsburg in the opening round, with the winner facing undefeated #1 UWSP in the QFs.
                        5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                        2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                          See 2019, with #4 SNC hosting #8 Augsburg in the opening round, with the winner facing undefeated #1 UWSP in the QFs.
                          And, I believe it was that 2014 season, SNC was the tournament’s #1 overall seed and had to host Adrian in a first round game due to travel restrictions.

Comment

I like the transparency of the PWR, but personally I miss the human touch of the smoke filled room.

Just one example:
                            Both Stevens Point and LFC are 18-6-3

-Stevens Point has not lost since 12/7/19
                            -LFC is 1-4-2 in their last 7 games (1-5-2 if you count their MG loss to Trine.)

If the season ended today, LFC is in.

If Concordia wins the MIAC, get ready for more drama after Point beats Eau Claire for a third time this season, perhaps leaving the entire WIAC out of the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                              And, I believe it was that 2014 season, SNC was the tournament’s #1 overall seed and had to host Adrian in a first round game due to travel restrictions.
                              No, they hosted Adrian in a quarter-final round. 4 of the 5 byes went to western teams. All first round games were played in the East.

https://i2.turner.ncaa.com/dr/ncaa/n...en_d3_2013.pdf
                              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                                No, they hosted Adrian in a quarter-final round. 4 of the 5 byes went to western teams. All first round games were played in the East.

https://i2.turner.ncaa.com/dr/ncaa/n...en_d3_2013.pdf
                                Gotcha, it must have been 2012. It’s really hard to keep all these National championship seasons straight. It’s the cross we bear as fans of SNC.

Comment

Working...
                                X