Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
    Final 7-2 Weslyan over Trinity.
    Trinity loss kills Hobart...Statesmen drop from 4th to 6th and now might be looking at a trip to Adrian instead of hosting them...
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 pwr

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Trinity loss kills Hobart...Statesmen drop from 4th to 6th and now might be looking at a trip to Adrian instead of hosting them...
      Knocks Point out of the field, too, doesn't it?

Gotta love those tourney AQ's.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Knocks Point out of the field, too, doesn't it?

Gotta love those tourney AQ's.
        UWSP was never in the field. The team that is out is Trinity. UWSP needed to beat UWEC to have a chance at the field. Considering the fact that the first 9 teams in the PWR are all in the field, I'd say the system worked as it should.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I know this is going to show my ignorance, but how does Babson benefit from being idle for two weeks, after losing to USM, while Trinity played, and won two and lost one during that time? I should have studied harder in math class!

Comment

• Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
            I know this is going to show my ignorance, but how does Babson benefit from being idle for two weeks, after losing to USM, while Trinity played, and won two and lost one during that time? I should have studied harder in math class!
            Interconnectivity.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81
              With, what, 3 teams in the field that have no business being there?
              Wasn't Point the final team in, as of last night?

Learning the D-3 calculus is sort of like attending a divinity school.

Essentially a waste of time and energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                Interconnectivity.
                Now I'm really showing my ignorance... I don't know what that means in this context.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                  Now I'm really showing my ignorance... I don't know what that means in this context.
                  The RPI includes the Opponents' Winning Percentage and the Opponents' Opponnents' Winning Percentage. Even when you are eliminated, some of your opponents and their opponents continue to play. This means your RPI (the main factor) in the PWR will continue to change up or down, depending on how your opponents do. Your ranking is interconnected with them. There is a math discipline known as graph theory that explains some of how all this works theoretically. I have a master's degree in graph theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Wasn't Point the final team in, as of last night?

Learning the D-3 calculus is sort of like attending a divinity school.

Essentially a waste of time and energy.
                    Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    The RPI includes the Opponents' Winning Percentage and the Opponents' Opponnents' Winning Percentage. Even when you are eliminated, some of your opponents and their opponents continue to play. This means your RPI (the main factor) in the PWR will continue to change up or down, depending on how your opponents do. Your ranking is interconnected with them. There is a math discipline known as graph theory that explains some of how all this works theoretically. I have a master's degree in graph theory.
                    Okay, beginning to make some sense. I think I played too many games without my helmet! I'm glad that there are people like you who can have this make sense! However, the common sense in me says that there is something wrong with a team sitting around letting someone else do your work, though!

Comment

UWSP was never in the field. The team that is out is Trinity. UWSP needed to beat UWEC to have a chance at the field. Considering the fact that the first 9 teams in the PWR are all in the field, I'd say the system worked as it should.
                      Considering the PWR is the sole method used to select the field, it stands to reason that all of the top teams in it through the four at-large teams would be selected.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                        Considering the PWR is the sole method used to select the field, it stands to reason that all of the top teams in it through the four at-large teams would be selected.
                        Correct - you are guaranteed to get the top 4 in no matter what, and with the exception of the upset winners, conference champs should rise to the top. Don't forget that the PWR is almost entirely dependent on the RPI.

Comment

Random guy, you are seeing what I am seeing. I'm guessing you are somebody we know who has changed IDs.
                          No, I'm a longtime lurker who likes statistical stuff and D3 sports.

Comment

According to SomeRandomGuy and by association NUProf, that is my field too and Hobart has a long trip out west. And have a decent chance of winning.
                            There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Hobart is really good. Great program and a great addition to the NEHC. When we get Elmira in the fold, it will get even better

Comment

Working...
                              X