Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 pwr

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
    Lake Forest lost the DMG to Trine last weekend, so they are out. Adrian can get a boost from beating the Marian/SNC winner next Saturday (if they make it past Trine tonight).
    Not out as far as Pool C. In the PWR, they sit tied for 7th, and if all favorites were to win out, they would be the 3rd team into Pool C (ahead of Endicott, and behind Hobart and UWEC. Their ranking is unlikely to fall more than one spot, but if both Adrian and Geneseo were to lose, they would be on the outside.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

So with UNE losing yesterday how does that change the "Utica" regional, or is it too early to tell. I am assuming if Wentworth wins you slot them in to that spot? Thanks for putting in the work to figure it out for us common folk.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
        So with UNE losing yesterday how does that change the "Utica" regional, or is it too early to tell. I am assuming if Wentworth wins you slot them in to that spot? Thanks for putting in the work to figure it out for us common folk.
        Utica could end up passing Norwich for the No. 1 overall seed, which could change the matchups. If Utica goes 3-0 or 2-0-1, I'm thinking they pass Norwich, regardless of whether Norwich beats Hobart or not next Saturday.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Utica could end up passing Norwich for the No. 1 overall seed, which could change the matchups. If Utica goes 3-0 or 2-0-1, I'm thinking they pass Norwich, regardless of whether Norwich beats Hobart or not next Saturday.
          Norwich has been hurt in the RPI by having to play Castleton and USM. Although your RPI doesn't take a hit if you win those games, it doesn't advance either, and Utica is getting a better quality of opposition. This is one of the problems with the RPI (and yes, Fishy, also the KRACH). You don't control who is on your schedule once the puck drops for the season.

My take (based on the PWR as of this morning)

Pool A (conferences in alphabetical order - assuming top surving seed wins)
          CCC Endicott (7)
          MASCAC Plymouth (47)
          MIAC Concordia (MN) (30)
          NCHA Adrian (5)
          NEHC Norwich (1)
          NESCAC Williams (11)
          SUNYAC Geneseo (4)
          UCHC Utica (2)

Pool C
          Hobart (3)
          UWEC (6)
          Lake Forest (8)
          Babson (9)

My (potentially flawed) reading of matchups (as of now)

"Geneva Regional"
          Adrian/Geneseo —> Hobart

"Eau Clare Regional"
          Concordia/Lake Forest —> UWEC

"Utica Regional"
          Plymouth/Endicott —> Utica

"Northfield Regional"
          Williams/Babson —> Norwich

UNE's loss drops them of Pool A, and out of Pool C as well, Babson now has the last Pool C slot. Endicott moves up to a Pool A spot

I would guess that if Utica passes Norwich in the PWR that their opponents would switch in the quarters.
          Last edited by NUProf; 03-01-2020, 01:56 PM.

Comment

It’s hard to understand how any team could be ranked ahead of a team that hasn’t been scored on since January.

Comment

• As I expected, Utica jumps Norwich with their second semifinal round win.

If Utica wins twice or goes 1-0-1 vs Wilkes, I think they hold on to the No. 1 seed.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                As I expected, Utica jumps Norwich with their second semifinal round win.

If Utica wins twice or goes 1-0-1 vs Wilkes, I think they hold on to the No. 1 seed.
                FWIW, Hobart has a much better better winning percentage and RPI than Wilkes does.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  FWIW, Hobart has a much better better winning percentage and RPI than Wilkes does.
                  Yup. All that’s left to do is play the games in front of you and do what you can to win your game and then let the rest play out as it may.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                    It’s hard to understand how any team could be ranked ahead of a team that hasn’t been scored on since January.
                    Utica's complete body of work is stronger than Norwich's in my opinion. Plus, Utica is going to end up playing more games than Norwich did, so it will skew the numbers a little, but if Utica does win out, I think giving them the #1 overall seed would be fair

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                      Which has nothing to do with PWR. Only a W or L or T. How get that result means nothing.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        Which has nothing to do with PWR. Only a W or L or T. How get that result means nothing.
                        Sure, I understand completely and have no problem if that is the way the tournament is seeded.

It was more just an observation about how there is something to still be said about the eye test (not that Utica isn’t an excellent team.) I have never seen defensive statistics like Norwich is posting this season and I am a subscriber of the idea that defense wins in NCAA tournament games.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          2 wins over #17 Wilkes > 1 win over #4 Hobart. Utica could actually go 1-0-1 next weekend and still keep the 1 seed

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                            2 wins over #17 Wilkes > 1 win over #4 Hobart. Utica could actually go 1-0-1 next weekend and still keep the 1 seed
                            That was my thought as well...do you know that or are you speculating on the latter?

Perhaps the NEHC ADs/Coaches will look at the potential of where the norm is heading and add a round or two with two-game series if the PWR continues. I believe that gets voted on this spring at the coaches convention or the ncaa ice hockey committee meeting in June.
                            Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 03-01-2020, 07:07 PM.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              That was my thought as well...do you know that or are you speculating on the latter?

Perhaps the NEHC ADs/Coaches will look at the potential of where the norm is heading and add a round or two with two-game series if the PWR continues. I believe that gets voted on this spring at the coaches convention or the ncaa ice hockey committee meeting in June.
                              Speculating

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                My (potentially flawed) reading of matchups (as of now)

"Geneva Regional"
                                Adrian/Geneseo —> Hobart

"Eau Clare Regional"
                                Concordia/Lake Forest —> UWEC

"Utica Regional"
                                Plymouth/Endicott —> Utica

"Northfield Regional"
                                Williams/Babson —> Norwich

UNE's loss drops them of Pool A, and out of Pool C as well, Babson now has the last Pool C slot. Endicott moves up to a Pool A spot

I would guess that if Utica passes Norwich in the PWR that their opponents would switch in the quarters.
                                Of these teams, Concordia can only play Eau Claire without flying. And Lake Forest can only play Eau Claire or Adrian without flying. With that in mind, if this is the group of west teams we get, it seems very likely all four byes go west. That would give you Concordia at Eau Claire and Lake Forest at Adrian in the quarterfinals.

Comment

Working...
                                X