2019-20 pwr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
    IMO most of these Posts should be in its own Thread Let's keep the discussion to PWR
    +1

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 pwr

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
      +1
      Is there a thread devoted to this potential cataclysm? I haven't seen one.

And if you guys want to talk PW, fire-away... (Not seeing that, either.)

At this point, it's just good to see anyone taking an interest in the USCHO D-3 forum in any regard... Most days, there are <5 new posts, and on many other days there are none at all.

Why not run with a very intriguing topic, anywhere on here?
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-13-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

The activity has dwindled so much here in the last 10 years that we could probably get away with a single D3 hockey thread to discuss any subject someone wanted.

Comment

• I think it has picked up quite a bit when compared to last season.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

As of Saturday AM, the 4 Pool C slots would belong to Utica, eclair, Babson and Hobart. A 9-3 split with the NEHC grabbing 2 of the 4 at large bids.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

With 8 autobids and 80+ teams, this really needs to be a 16 team tournament. If the WIAC can poach one more team from somewhere we're looking at 9 autobids down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Quasi Hatrack View Post
                With 8 autobids and 80+ teams, this really needs to be a 16 team tournament. If the WIAC can poach one more team from somewhere we're looking at 9 autobids down the road.
                D3 has a formula. One bid for every 6.5 teams. That’s the only way the tournament gets expanded.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  eclair
                  Sounds delicious
                  5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                  2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

I was really struggling this week trying to piece together a bracket that made sense given the current conference leaders and the PWR. It's a 9-3 split, but really it's more like a 10-2 split since Adrian is within 500 miles of THREE eastern region schools. What was really giving me problems was putting Adrian/Hobart/Geneseo in a pod given that's the 3, 4 and 6 teams in the latest PWR and then still figuring out a flight for the quarterfinals, which I can't remember the last time that has happened.

However, after mulling it over, I realized that Wilkes might be close and sure enough, Wilkes is 495 miles from Adrian. Just inside the 500 mile rule and that really made everything fall into place nicely after that realization I thought.

Plymouth at Williams vs. Norwich
                    Wilkes at Adrian vs. Hobart
                    Augsburg at Eau Claire vs. Geneseo
                    Endicott at Babson vs. Utica

Here's what I really like about this field...yes you have a quarterfinal flight with the Augsburg/Eau Claire winner going to Geneseo, BUT...there is a chance that you won't have to fly anyone for the final four if Augsburg/Eau Claire winner loses to Geneseo.

The other plus to this (I know it has ZERO factor in the process, unlike at D1), but the potential attendance for a final four featuring the likes of Norwich, Hobart or Adrian, Geneseo and Utica is about as perfect storm as it could get for a Buffalo-hosted final four. I would think tickets would be a very hot item with that group and would probably come close to or easily fill the place.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

First NCAA (Pairwise) rankings are out and here's the top 15:
                      1. Norwich
                      2. Utica
                      3. Geneseo
                      4. Hobart
                      5. Wisconsin-Eau Claire
                      6. Adrian
                      7. Babson
                      8. Lake Forest
                      9. Wilkes
                      10. University of New England
                      11. Trinity
                      12. Curry
                      13. Williams
                      14. Marian
                      15. Endicott
                      Utica Pioneers Hockey
                      2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                      2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                      2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                      2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
                        First NCAA (Pairwise) rankings are out and here's the top 15:
                        1. Norwich
                        2. Utica
                        3. Geneseo
                        4. Hobart
                        5. Wisconsin-Eau Claire
                        6. Adrian
                        7. Babson
                        8. Lake Forest
                        9. Wilkes
                        10. University of New England
                        11. Trinity
                        12. Curry
                        13. Williams
                        14. Marian
                        15. Endicott
                        You've also been able to follow them the whole year here: https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairw...ngs/d-iii-men/
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Ah ok, didn't know if it was any different being on the NCAA site.
                          Utica Pioneers Hockey
                          2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                          2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                          2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                          2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
                            Ah ok, didn't know if it was any different being on the NCAA site.
                            The NCAA one is certainly the official one but I think they are exact replicas in a quick scan and last year was too.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              The NCAA one is certainly the official one but I think they are exact replicas in a quick scan and last year was too.
                              The only time that you'll end up seeing a difference is on the rare occasion that USCHO has a game as neutral instead of home/visitor or vice versa. And that discrepancy usually is spotted and corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                I was really struggling this week trying to piece together a bracket that made sense given the current conference leaders and the PWR. It's a 9-3 split, but really it's more like a 10-2 split since Adrian is within 500 miles of THREE eastern region schools. What was really giving me problems was putting Adrian/Hobart/Geneseo in a pod given that's the 3, 4 and 6 teams in the latest PWR and then still figuring out a flight for the quarterfinals, which I can't remember the last time that has happened.

However, after mulling it over, I realized that Wilkes might be close and sure enough, Wilkes is 495 miles from Adrian. Just inside the 500 mile rule and that really made everything fall into place nicely after that realization I thought.

Plymouth at Williams vs. Norwich
                                Wilkes at Adrian vs. Hobart
                                Augsburg at Eau Claire vs. Geneseo
                                Endicott at Babson vs. Utica

Here's what I really like about this field...yes you have a quarterfinal flight with the Augsburg/Eau Claire winner going to Geneseo, BUT...there is a chance that you won't have to fly anyone for the final four if Augsburg/Eau Claire winner loses to Geneseo.

The other plus to this (I know it has ZERO factor in the process, unlike at D1), but the potential attendance for a final four featuring the likes of Norwich, Hobart or Adrian, Geneseo and Utica is about as perfect storm as it could get for a Buffalo-hosted final four. I would think tickets would be a very hot item with that group and would probably come close to or easily fill the place.
                                The HarborCenter is small. Technically too small for a neutral site. If anything, you may not want four close teams... :-)
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X