• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uniform Watch?

I made a thread of new college hockey jerseys for this season:

https://***********/Biddco/status/1179878384274411520
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post

Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
        Is that a shadow print of the Bucky image on the back or is it just the design on the front being visible through the jersey material? Either way, this fits in with other bonkers jersey designs in the mid to late '90s.
        I don’t even care to know. Badger alternates have had a checkered history.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Is that a shadow print of the Bucky image on the back or is it just the design on the front being visible through the jersey material?
          The jersey was constructed of an open mesh so that is just the front print showing through the back of the jersey.
          The jersey was also known as "Two for Cross Checking Bucky". Keep your stick on the ice bud...
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Not just because they are the Huskies, but U-Conn gets my vote for putting something unique into college hockey jersey design. They pulled off a "fade-away" jersey.
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Tonight, Minnesota added a couple of features to its gold jerseys to honor the late Doug Woog: https://www.fox9.com/sports/gophers-...nor-late-coach

Comment

Tonight, Minnesota added a couple of features to its gold jerseys to honor the late Doug Woog: https://www.fox9.com/sports/gophers-...nor-late-coach
                Thanks! I'll add that. Is that their usual gold jersey or a new one?
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Thanks! I'll add that. Is that their usual gold jersey or a new one?
                  I believe that it is this year's third jersey that has been used for other games, just augmented with the nameplate and commemorative patch.

Comment

I know this isn't an NHL forum, but I like the one-off uniforms for the Winter Classic this year. Nashville's shirts have a little Michigan Tech in them.

Comment

I know this isn't an NHL forum, but I like the one-off uniforms for the Winter Classic this year. Nashville's shirts have a little Michigan Tech in them.
                      Shirts? I've got friends who get testy if you call them jerseys instead of sweaters. They'd go into meltdown hearing someone call them shirts.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                        Shirts? I've got friends who get testy if you call them jerseys instead of sweaters. They'd go into meltdown hearing someone call them shirts.
                        I have also been known to rile folks up with the occasional inadvertent addition of an "s" at the end of "offside", so my "shirt" faux pas should not be surprising!

Comment

I have also been known to rile folks up with the occasional inadvertent addition of an "s" at the end of "offside", so my "shirt" faux pas should not be surprising!
                          "Stanley Cup Finals" is another one that makes the purists cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            "Stanley Cup Finals" is another one that makes the purists cringe.
                            There are multiple games. Finals is OK.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              There are multiple games. Finals is OK.
                              They’re called the NBA Finals...

I actually agree on Stanley Cup Finals...that’s how I always remember it being called and then all of sudden within the last decade I feel like the S has gotten dropped.

Multiple games, certainly feel the plural could be warranted and makes sense.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                They’re called the NBA Finals...

I actually agree on Stanley Cup Finals...that’s how I always remember it being called and then all of sudden within the last decade I feel like the S has gotten dropped.

Multiple games, certainly feel the plural could be warranted and makes sense.
                                This reminds me of the confusion created for the soccer World Cup every four years, where the UK media refers to the entire 1 month tournament as the "World Cup Finals" while simultaneously referring to that tournament's championship match as the "World Cup Final".

Comment

Working...
                                X