Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uniform Watch?

Indiana looks classic... a few off of the top look good though most are men

I once again note my coworker and once a week tenant was the Clemson coach during his grad school run
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      If you are ever curious about different styles your team, or any other D-I men's team for that matter, has worn over the years you'll likely enjoy my website www.johnsonsjerseys.net. It currently has roughly 700 game worn college hockey jerseys on the site which I've collected since 1995. For teams other than Michigan Tech, go to "OTHER UNIVERSITIES" and then select your desired conference. The teams are arranged alphabetically within each conference. There is also an "ARCHIVE" section of the site with another 1,000 or so jerseys, but I don't own any of those as they were sold or traded away over the years. I just keep them on the site for others to view and enjoy. All 60 current D-I teams and also many defunct programs are represented.

I am of course biased as a Huskies fan, but my favorite in the collection is one of Tony Esposito's Michigan Tech sweaters, shown below. One of my past favorites (no longer in my collection) would be the home jersey of BGSU's Ken Morrow best known for his part in the 1980 Olympics Miracle on Ice. I recently made a trip to BGSU and one of the photos of Ken on display was matched to the jersey by one of the large puck/stick marks across the front.

Enjoy!

What a great website! And I agree the Esposito and Morrow jerseys are great. There is something about script lettering that works well with hockey jerseys

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
        Kato went through our Goth phase as well, when we had a lot of black in the uniform. Hopefully, those days are behind us now.
        I am also not a fan when black gets used as a primary uniform color when it is not one of the main school colors. I think MSU's road and third uniforms are pretty good, especially since they have gone with lettering on the front instead of the logo. Sometimes a schools broader athletic department branding (logos, specialized fonts) don't really translate well to hockey uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
          Time to plug myself!

Last year I did a full uniform history for UAH, going all the way back to the first club team in 1979-80.
          https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/10/1...-other-colors/
          https://uahhockey.com/uniforms/

For the most part, I like the Chargers' current set, except I wish there was less emphasis on black and more on blue. Our road blues are the best, I think.
          What a great service you have performed to catalog this history! The road blues are great: Another example where simple is better for a hockey uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
            I love the road greens, and the home whites are right behind them--the adjectives you used for the greens are the same reason why I love them. Hope they retire the stripes.
            I went up to Hanover to watch RPI play Dartmouth last year and checking out some of the photos around the area, it's clear Darmouth has a solid jersey history, with only a few missteps. This article was a good recap: https://www.vnews.com/dartmouth-uniform-history-7990383

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              NMU recently started using a gold 3rd jersey. Haven't heard any complaints yet.
              Gold jerseys always seem to work. I think the diagonal lettering on the regular NMU jerseys would look good on the gold third jerseys.
              Last edited by DavidNardolillo; 12-24-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisP View Post
                Providence has gone to wearing their 3rd jersey (its gray) for all home games this year. Not a fan of it....
                I hear you. Something about the neutral color jerseys hasn't quite clicked. Ohio State's gray/silver jerseys aren't their best either. The tan/sand color of the third shirt that Brown has used falls into the same category. I know that the skating friar has long been part of the PC hockey uniforms, but I am not sure it works as the sole feature on the front of those gray jerseys. Still probably better than the Cooperall and Pro-Tec Helmet era! http://www.rihhof.com/remembering-wh...re-cooperalls/

Comment

Found this ranking from 2017: http://hockeybydesign.com/2017/04/co...ankings-60-51/

I think I would agree that poor Bentley is last, but plenty to discuss throughout the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                    Found this ranking from 2017: http://hockeybydesign.com/2017/04/co...ankings-60-51/

I think I would agree that poor Bentley is last, but plenty to discuss throughout the rest.
                    I didn't care for the #56 ranking for UAH primarily because the blue jersey wasn't considered. Not saying UAH should be ranked much higher, but if you're not going to include our best jersey (or just the full set) then what are we doing?
                    Michael Napier - UAH '97
                    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      NMU recently started using a gold 3rd jersey. Haven't heard any complaints yet.
                      I think you haven't been listening then. If there was a Bottom Feeder jersey tournament, those would be a #1 seed. Like Shaq told Craig Sager "that's horri-awful".

It's not as bad as the historically cringeworthy Wisconsin third with the giant diagonal Bucky Badger, but that was a long time ago.
                      Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 12-27-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        I think you haven't been listening then. If there was a Bottom Feeder jersey tournament, those would be a #1 seed. Like Shaq told Craig Sager "that's horri-awful".

It's not as bad as the historically cringeworthy Wisconsin third with the giant diagonal Bucky Badger, but that was a long time ago.
                        Says the Tech fan.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Pajama Bucky!

That's a jersey I haven't heard about in a long time.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Pajama Bucky! That's a jersey I haven't heard about in a long time.
                            I always thought UW should do a red pinstripe jersey with "W" on the front like Bucky wears.

This one is already 21 years old. Well it was unique...
                            "...and that's all I have to say about that." ~Forrest Gump

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                              I didn't care for the #56 ranking for UAH primarily because the blue jersey wasn't considered. Not saying UAH should be ranked much higher, but if you're not going to include our best jersey (or just the full set) then what are we doing?
                              I agree it is probably smarter to rank the individual shirts rather than a collective ranking for each school. Better to highlight the individual shirts that work.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                I always thought UW should do a red pinstripe jersey with "W" on the front like Bucky wears.

This one is already 21 years old. Well it was unique...
                                "...and that's all I have to say about that." ~Forrest Gump

Is that a shadow print of the Bucky image on the back or is it just the design on the front being visible through the jersey material? Either way, this fits in with other bonkers jersey designs in the mid to late '90s.

Comment

Working...
                                X