X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: Definitely Needs Anger Management

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Good thing we didn't elect that bit€h Hillary.

She was just gonna get us into all sorts of wars in the Middle East.
    Dodged a bullet.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Trump being bad doesn't somehow make her awful foreign policy good.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Are you saying she was a bad secretary of state? I thought she performed the job very well.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Are you saying she was a bad secretary of state? I thought she performed the job very well.
          Voting for the war in Iraq was inexcusable, not to mention threatening to obliterate Iran during her first run for president.

She wouldn't have nuked the Iran deal though so she's still better than Trump.
          Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-03-2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Voting for the war in Iraq was inexcusable, not to mention threatening to obliterate Iran during her first run for president.
            I think she moved on from both of those positions. As President neither of those previous positions would have resulted in a negative foreign policy decision so I do not think it applies here to comparing her to Trump.

Comment

There is a spectrum. Everything to the right of my preference is not equally "awful." Hilllary's foreign policy would have been the standard Democratic FP of the last 50 years: soft imperialism with modest pretensions towards idealistic notions of human rights and self-determination as long as it doesn't interfere with corporate profits. That is much better than the GOP's "blood and iron" fundy fapfest.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Voting for the war in Iraq was inexcusable
                It was garden variety cowardice. The Clintons are people of the book of real politik, not principle. They are Rover, not us. Her vote was pardonable albeit worthy of disdain.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I dunno about y'all but I'm looking forward to being told that I hate America because I'm voting D in November. Because that is how this is gonna play out

And it's absolutely the best thing Dumpy could do to fortify his reelection campaign....
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

It's still a tad early to wag the dog. 11 months is enough time for the fever to break. Start it in July to be sure to spike at the right time.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      I dunno about y'all but I'm looking forward to being told that I hate America because I'm voting D in November. Because that is how this is gonna play out

And it's absolutely the best thing Dumpy could do to fortify his reelection campaign....
                      The scariest part of the election is this year is how much the electoral college through Republican Engineering efforts tilts in Republicans favor. Trump still wins if he holds what he had last time but loses Michigan and Pennsylvania and keeps Wisconsin.

Comment

From 2017...

Donald Trump’s Worst Deal
                        The President helped build a hotel in Azerbaijan that appears to be a corrupt operation engineered by oligarchs tied to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.

As you approach the city center, a tower at the end of the avenue looms in front of you. Thirty-three stories high and curved to resemble a sail, the building was clearly inspired by the Burj Al Arab Hotel, in Dubai, but it is boxier and less elegant. When I visited Baku, in December, five enormous white letters glowed at the top of the tower: T-R-U-M-P.

The building, a five-star hotel and residence called the Trump International Hotel & Tower Baku, has never opened, though from the road it looks ready to welcome the public. Reaching the property is surprisingly difficult; the tower stands amid a welter of on-ramps, off-ramps, and overpasses. During the nine days I was in town, I went to the site half a dozen times, and on each occasion I had a comical exchange with a taxi-driver who had no idea which combination of turns would lead to the building’s entrance.
                        Ivanka Trump was the most senior Trump Organization official on the Baku project. In October, 2014, she visited the city to tour the site and offer advice. An executive at Mace, the London-based construction firm that oversaw the tower’s conversion to a hotel, met with Ivanka in Baku and New York. He told me, “She had very strong feelings, not just about the design but about the back of the hotel—landscaping, everything.” The Azerbaijani lawyer said, “Ivanka personally approved everything.” A subcontractor noted that Ivanka’s team was particular about wood panelling: it chose an expensive Macassar ebony, from Indonesia, for the ceiling of the lobby. The ballroom doors were to be made of book-matched panels of walnut. On her Web site, Ivanka posted a photograph of herself wearing a hard hat inside the half-completed hotel. A caption reads, “Ivanka has overseen the development of Trump International Hotel & Tower Baku since its inception, and she recently returned from a trip to the fascinating city in Azerbaijan to check in on the project’s progress.” (Ivanka Trump declined requests to discuss the Baku project.)
                        Before signing a deal with a foreign partner, American companies, including major hotel chains, conduct risk assessments and background checks that take a close look at the country, the prospective partner, and the people involved. Countless accounting and law firms perform this service, as do many specialized investigation companies; a baseline report normally costs between ten thousand and twenty-five thousand dollars. A senior executive at one of the largest American hotel chains, who asked for anonymity because he feared reprisal from the Trump Administration, said, “We wouldn’t look at due diligence as a burden. There certainly is a cost to doing it, especially in higher-risk places. But it’s as much an investment in the protection of that brand. It’s money well spent.”
                        But the Mammadov family, in addition to its reputation for corruption, has a troubling connection that any proper risk assessment should have unearthed: for years, it has been financially entangled with an Iranian family tied to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, the ideologically driven military force. In 2008, the year that the tower was announced, Ziya Mammadov, in his role as Transportation Minister, awarded a series of multimillion-dollar contracts to Azarpassillo, an Iranian construction company. Keyumars Darvishi, its chairman, fought in the Iran-Iraq War. After the war, he became the head of Raman, an Iranian construction firm that is controlled by the Revolutionary Guard. The U.S. government has regularly accused the Guard of criminal activity, including drug trafficking, sponsoring terrorism abroad, and money laundering. Reuters recently reported that the Trump Administration was poised to officially condemn the Revolutionary Guard as a terrorist organization.
                        Now, for the icing on this delicious cake. The air strike in Iraq that took out Iranian Qassim Suleimani; Suleimani was the commander of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. The very same Corps that had ties to the Baku Trump Tower deal.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          The scariest part of the election is this year is how much the electoral college through Republican Engineering efforts tilts in Republicans favor.
                          It's very important for 10 good people in the Clean Heartland to have their votes count as much as 10,000 bad people in the Dirty Ghettos. I've been told that right here on the Cafe, by liberals.

Because if there's one group that has lacked representation in the history of our nation it's conservative whites.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 01-03-2020, 10:54 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Doing business with a cut out for the Iranian Revolutionary Guard means Dump qualifies for the Terrorist Screening Center Watch List by his own policy. As such he can be wiretapped under the Patriot Act and detained as a person of interest.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 01-03-2020, 09:52 AM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Doing business with a cut out for the Iranian Revolutionary Guard means Dump qualifies for the Terrorist Screening Center Watch List by his own policy. As such he can be wiretapped under the Patriot Act and detained as a person of interest.
                              This is too delicious.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Uh oh. Looks like we got ANOTHER whistle blower.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X