This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Sure. But why does everyone, on this board, political pundits, etc., always say its up to the Democrats to do things, to make things change?

Why do the Republicans never get questioned for their actions? Never get held responsible? never have to face any accountability? You want things to get done in the senate, why are people always pushing the Democrats to do something? But they never push the Republicans. No one ever pushes Mitch to bring those bills to the floor. It's always, "what will the Democrats do to get those bills on the floor'?

It's like whatever the Republicans do is just taken as perfectly reasonable, that's the way things are done. Every public issue, every policy debate, always gets framed from the Republican side. Common sense, reasonable. The Democrats are always too far left, too extreme, too radical.

No one ever accuses the Right of being too radical. Other than those radical leftists, who we shouldn't listen to.
    Because the Republicans don't want change...they want to keep everything the way it is.
    It's not that what they do is reasonable to everyone...its that they won't change because they don't want to...that's why it's up to the Dems.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Sure. But why does everyone, on this board, political pundits, etc., always say its up to the Democrats to do things, to make things change?

Why do the Republicans never get questioned for their actions? Never get held responsible? never have to face any accountability? You want things to get done in the senate, why are people always pushing the Democrats to do something? But they never push the Republicans. No one ever pushes Mitch to bring those bills to the floor. It's always, "what will the Democrats do to get those bills on the floor'?

It's like whatever the Republicans do is just taken as perfectly reasonable, that's the way things are done. Every public issue, every policy debate, always gets framed from the Republican side. Common sense, reasonable. The Democrats are always too far left, too extreme, too radical.

No one ever accuses the Right of being too radical. Other than those radical leftists, who we shouldn't listen to.
      A lot of us accuse the right of being too radical. I rag on centrists because I can’t stand the hypocrisy of the cries of “too far left” after we’ve been dragged so far right the last few decades.
      But nothing changes if the dems don’t find ways to fight. The KKk club won’t change how they’re doing things, and *****ing about it changes nothing.

Comment

• And people call me paranoid when I say I am voting absentee and then going abroad until at least a week after the election.

The righties worry me the most, but to be honest the prospect of fringe lefties rioting if Orange Droolius is re-elected is not out of the realm of possibility either.

Comment

• Re: POTUS: Definitely Needs Anger Management

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Which brings me back to Rube's comment that the Democrats need to do something, play hardball.

Funny, he doesn't say anything about what the Republicans need to do. Just keep on keeping on, I guess.
          I've said multiple times that the Rs need to cooperate, or face whatever penalties are applicable.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think the biggest reason is a lot of people have completely given up on the republicans changing.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              And people call me paranoid when I say I am voting absentee and then going abroad until at least a week after the election.

The righties worry me the most, but to be honest the prospect of fringe lefties rioting if Orange Droolius is re-elected is not out of the realm of possibility either.
              Some good quotes in there.

“ “I don’t have a problem with Muslims,” said Angus Smith, an Arizona resident who attended the festival, “but can they take the rag off their head out of respect for our country?”

“Mark Villalta said he had been stockpiling firearms, in case Mr. Trump’s re-election is not successful.
              “Nothing less than a civil war would happen,” Mr. Villalta said, his right hand reaching for a holstered handgun. “I don’t believe in violence, but I’ll do what I got to do.”

“If you’re Muslim, just tell us you’re Muslim,” she said of Mr. Obama. “It’s not that I didn’t believe him, I’m just not qualified to answer that question. I’ve seen information on both sides that’s compelling.”

Mona Fishman, a singer from the Las Vegas area who performed at the event, has written Trump-themed songs with titles like “Fake News” and “Smells like Soros,” which accuses liberal megadonor George Soros of running a shadow government, a trope widely condemned as anti-Semitic.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                I don't see your name in the investigation nor the defense. Apparently you're not smart enough to get one of those positions. Now run along, troll.
                Because those positions are entirely based on intellect.

I guarantee there are tens of thousands of lawyers smarter than anyone on Trump's defense team, because anyone smart would never take him on as a client.
                Last edited by unofan; 12-29-2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Here's some more Chicken Little for everyone to enjoy.

I highly highly highly recommend today's Meet The Press. Chuck Todd did wonderful work this morning. Phenomenal.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    I think the biggest reason is a lot of people have completely given up on the republicans changing.
                    They had a choice after Romney's loss in 2012. They could:

1. At least start to drag themselves out of the Dark Ages on social issues and religion whilst remaining fiscally conservative and scaring people with the s-word.

2. They could double-down on pandering to America's dimmest and worst.

They chose the latter; no turning back now.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      They had a choice after Romney's loss in 2012. They could:

1. At least start to drag themselves out of the Dark Ages on social issues and religion whilst remaining fiscally conservative and scaring people with the s-word.

2. They could double-down on pandering to America's dimmest and worst.

They chose the latter; no turning back now.
                      They have fully abandoned science to pander to the imaginary person in the sky

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        but to be honest the prospect of fringe lefties rioting if Orange Droolius is re-elected is not out of the realm of possibility either.
                        Speaking as the resident Fringe Lefty, there is no point in us rioting and we know it. The right wants nothing more than the left rioting so they can bring the full weight of police or even military violence against us. Ever fascist regime justifies the suspension of civil liberties on "restoring order" and "counter-terrorism." We all know we have to use non-violent means (and even that may not protect us).

I am certain the right will commit violent acts and blame them on us and pose as lefties to be agents provocateur, but one of the left's advantages is the right's low IQ. Their base will believe it and moral cripples like McConnell and Alito will pretend to believe it, but nobody opposed to the Nazis is going to go over to their side because they "protect the peace." We all know that their protection is a bullet in the head of democracy.

We know what the right is. There is no use even trying to muddled things anymore, it won't work.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 12-29-2019, 11:44 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          They have fully abandoned science to pander to the imaginary person in the sky
                          Not even that, since Dump is an abomination to the Pretend Sky Lord.

They abandoned themselves to their prejudices and resentments. They went Full Toddler.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Some good quotes in there.

“ “I don’t have a problem with Muslims,” said Angus Smith, an Arizona resident who attended the festival, “but can they take the rag off their head out of respect for our country?”

“Mark Villalta said he had been stockpiling firearms, in case Mr. Trump’s re-election is not successful.
                            “Nothing less than a civil war would happen,” Mr. Villalta said, his right hand reaching for a holstered handgun. “I don’t believe in violence, but I’ll do what I got to do.”

“If you’re Muslim, just tell us you’re Muslim,” she said of Mr. Obama. “It’s not that I didn’t believe him, I’m just not qualified to answer that question. I’ve seen information on both sides that’s compelling.”

Mona Fishman, a singer from the Las Vegas area who performed at the event, has written Trump-themed songs with titles like “Fake News” and “Smells like Soros,” which accuses liberal megadonor George Soros of running a shadow government, a trope widely condemned as anti-Semitic.
                            The one drove all the way from California. Don't these people have jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              The one drove all the way from California. Don't these people have jobs?
                              Would you hire them?
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                Because the Republicans don't want change...they want to keep everything the way it is.
                                It's not that what they do is reasonable to everyone...its that they won't change because they don't want to...that's why it's up to the Dems.

I understand that. But they still never get called on their chit, by anyone not to the left of Kepler.

No one ever asks Mitch why he's holding up all those bills. He labels himself the Grim Reaper, where legislation goes to die, and no one even bats an eye. No pushback whatsoever.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X