X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sun Devil Hockey

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
    When you going to join a real league
    Didn't you hear the news? They are in a league of their own.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
      When you going to join a real league
      It will happen when a real league wants to join us, but seriously, I suspect in the next year or two. The hangup has been the request by various conferences asking ASU to pay their travel costs to play in Tempe. That went over like a lead balloon, much like the Canadians asking Jamaica to pay for their travel costs to the island resorts in the middle of winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
        It will happen when a real league wants to join us, but seriously, I suspect in the next year or two. The hangup has been the request by various conferences asking ASU to pay their travel costs to play in Tempe. That went over like a lead balloon, much like the Canadians asking Jamaica to pay for their travel costs to the island resorts in the middle of winter.
        Once, ASU builds their stadium I believe things will change for the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
          Arena update - I missed this back in Jan. I guess we should hear something official this month according to this discussion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/collegehock...a_news_thisis/
          That’d be great!
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
            Once, ASU builds their stadium I believe things will change for the better.
            Yes it should. May not change how well they do (standings/rankings) but at least people will be able to get tickets.
            I made the mistake of finding out 1 day after they announced season tickets were available back in 2015 & tried to get 2, but were sold out. I haven't gotten into a game at Oceanside since they were a club team. Kind of irritating having supported them during the club days but now only see them live at Gila River Arena. Back then, maybe half the time they didn't even charge to get into a game.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              Didn't you hear the news? They are in a league of their own.
              An autobid since they won their league championship ???

Comment

An autobid since they won their league championship ???
                Exactly, it's why they are in a league of their own. ;p

Comment

ASU just put out this announcement, cancelling all athletic events until further notice:

In line with the Pac-12 Conference announcement today, Sun Devil Athletics will be cancelling all sport competitions, effective immediately, until further notice. This decision has been made in consultation with other Pac-12 member universities in an effort to limit the spread of the COVID-19 and in the interest of the health and safety of our student-athletes, campus personnel, working and event personnel, and all those who attend Pac-12 events.
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                    ASU just put out this announcement, cancelling all athletic events until further notice:

In line with the Pac-12 Conference announcement today, Sun Devil Athletics will be cancelling all sport competitions, effective immediately, until further notice. This decision has been made in consultation with other Pac-12 member universities in an effort to limit the spread of the COVID-19 and in the interest of the health and safety of our student-athletes, campus personnel, working and event personnel, and all those who attend Pac-12 events.
                    The announcement concerned all intra-PAC 12 conference games, does not include NCAA hockey. NCAA hockey is allowing Frozen Four and Regional games to proceed, without most spectators. However, if it hasn't yet, those games will likely be cancelled based on how this is progressing.

Comment

The announcement concerned all intra-PAC 12 conference games, does not include NCAA hockey. NCAA hockey is allowing Frozen Four and Regional games to proceed, without most spectators. However, if it hasn't yet, those games will likely be cancelled based on how this is progressing.
                      The announcement said "Sun Devil teams will continue practicing and preparing for the upcoming winter postseason schedule and spring regular season events in the event they resume." I presumed this included hockey. Was there something else that came out exempting hockey from this? I agree that it's just a matter of time, even if it doesn't include hockey right now.
                      Very well, said.
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                        The announcement said "Sun Devil teams will continue practicing and preparing for the upcoming winter postseason schedule and spring regular season events in the event they resume." I presumed this included hockey. Was there something else that came out exempting hockey from this? I agree that it's just a matter of time, even if it doesn't include hockey right now.
                        Guess it doesn't matter now. I don't know if they will just practice amongst themselves for now but I doubt it, just as a precaution. But in 2+ weeks maybe baseball will be back?

Comment

Guess it doesn't matter now. I don't know if they will just practice amongst themselves for now but I doubt it, just as a precaution. But in 2+ weeks maybe baseball will be back?
                          Yah, and ASU had their best baseball team in a long time this spring. Who knows when anything will start back up again.
                          Very well, said.
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Maybe a couple videos on the ASU transition from club hockey to NCAA is a good way to end the viral season....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNEd...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph2WHlvVKJ0

Comment

Not sure what impact this will have on hockey, except maybe for seniors not drafted returning as seniors & going for masters degrees?

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ts/5044894002/

Comment

As posted in another thread:

Spring season athletes get an extra year of eligibility. Winter season (hockey) athletes under consideration.

“The NCAA is still discussing issues related to seasons of competition for winter sport student-athletes who were unable to participate in conference and NCAA championships, but nothing official has been decided at this point,” the memo said.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...ty-coronavirus

Comment

Working...
                                X