Sun Devil Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sun Devil Hockey

That article about the RFP says ASU is requesting it be complete for the 2022-23 season.

Comment

Impressive what your program is doing.

When you guys get scheduled in Madison, please bring your cheerleaders.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I'm looking forward to the series with Omaha. I think they are better than their record suggests. Any losses to them could result in a significant pairwise hit for the Devil's (?)

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          Impressive what your program is doing.

When you guys get scheduled in Madison, please bring your cheerleaders.
          As if you can be trusted around the cheerleaders!

Comment

ASU in Irvine Ca. Be interesting to see the attendance/ reception to College hockey in Orange County.

Comment

Originally posted by skolbrother View Post
              ASU in Irvine Ca. Be interesting to see the attendance/ reception to College hockey in Orange County.
              Approximately 2300 attendance

Comment

Which is about capacity for the Ducks practice facility right?
                Last edited by MagnessMan; 12-30-2019, 12:38 AM.
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

BTW. I was out in AZ the weekend of the Denver series and got to attend the Friday night game at Oceanside. We had a blast. It was a great game and the rink is one of a kind. Very glad I was able to make it out there. Good luck the rest of the way!
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                    BTW. I was out in AZ the weekend of the Denver series and got to attend the Friday night game at Oceanside. We had a blast. It was a great game and the rink is one of a kind. Very glad I was able to make it out there. Good luck the rest of the way!
                    We have about 30 of those, one of a kind rinks in Detroit. you should come and we'll go to a mites game together.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Yes, it was sold out for both games, SRO tickets were sold.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                        It is small, pucks can get caught in the girder rafters. I've been to bigger high school "arenas" in northern Minnesota. But it is ours for now. There are bigger rinks in Phx., but not close to campus & they are trying to keep it close for students.

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
                          It is small, pucks can get caught in the girder rafters. I've been to bigger high school "arenas" in northern Minnesota. But it is ours for now. There are bigger rinks in Phx., but not close to campus & they are trying to keep it close for students.
                          Small and quaint is nice, but it is not a Division 1 level facility. I'd have loved to come down to Tempe and watch a couple of games, but from what I can tell there is exactly one ticket available. Its on Ticketmaster and it's in Section C and cost $9,990.00.

As a season ticket holder for the UAA Seawolves in their "new" sub-standard venue, I can vouch for how lame it is that you can not buy a ticket for an event because it only holds 750 people and only a few tickets are available for purchase ....and those are only available at the door, after the 1st period (unless you are a student).

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                            Small and quaint is nice, but it is not a Division 1 level facility. I'd have loved to come down to Tempe and watch a couple of games, but from what I can tell there is exactly one ticket available. Its on Ticketmaster and it's in Section C and cost $9,990.00.

As a season ticket holder for the UAA Seawolves in their "new" sub-standard venue, I can vouch for how lame it is that you can not buy a ticket for an event because it only holds 750 people and only a few tickets are available for purchase ....and those are only available at the door, after the 1st period (unless you are a student).
                            A plus to having ASU in a conference would be a trip to Arizona in the winter. But if parents and fans can't get a ticket to the games, that negates a lot of that selling point. We need to at least see some tangible signs of a rink before ASU is going to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                              A plus to having ASU in a conference would be a trip to Arizona in the winter. But if parents and fans can't get a ticket to the games, that negates a lot of that selling point. We need to at least see some tangible signs of a rink before ASU is going to be taken seriously.
                              That was exactly where I was going with that diatribe

I'd love for ASU to be in the new new WCHA, so hopefully they will get the rink built in the next few years!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post

You didn't include taxes and handling fees, bringing the ticket total to over $11,000. Anyway, you are right, it is not Div. 1. Hopefully groundbreaking is close to happening and we'll have the 5000+/- seating arena up and running on campus, next to the football stadium. RFP has been issued, I assume the BOR are reviewing the summary now.

Comment

Working...
                                X