Sun Devil Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sun Devil Hockey

On the bubble now, for up to a few weeks until we see how the rest of college hockey games work out.......

Comment

Nice to think about, and heading in the right direction, and I'm hoping its not a premature hope, but the road is still looking bumpy and the horizon still a ways off.....

https://thehockeynews.com/news/artic...l-championship

Comment

Interesting article, to me at least.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...ona-comes-next

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
          Interesting article, to me at least.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...ona-comes-next
          How is YOUTH hockey doing in your area? Available ice? Matthews is fricking magical. I watch the Leafs just to see him and Marner.

By the way, it looks as though you need more friends to discuss hockey! You can talk with us on the WI thread anytime.
          Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-24-2020, 12:37 PM.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            How is YOUTH hockey doing in your area? Available ice? Matthews is fricking magical. I watch the Leafs just to see him and Marner.

By the way, it looks as though you need more friends to discuss hockey! You can talk with us on the WI thread anytime.
            Thanks. I hope Wisky does well in the conference tournament, obviously for purely selfish reasons.......
            Rink time is close to a premium in the Phx metro area. Very tight in the winter due to all the snowbirds playing in pickup & senior leagues. Still tight in the summer cause the weather is so hot and tons of youth league & municipal league play. Not like Wisconsin where you can bank up some snow and flood the backyard for the neighborhood kids.....

Comment

Thanks. I hope Wisky does well in the conference tournament, obviously for purely selfish reasons.......
              Rink time is close to a premium in the Phx metro area. Very tight in the winter due to all the snowbirds playing in pickup & senior leagues. Still tight in the summer cause the weather is so hot and tons of youth league & municipal league play. Not like Wisconsin where you can bank up some snow and flood the backyard for the neighborhood kids.....
              You generally can't do that anymore. it's too warm now so the ice might make but it won't last long.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                It's like me posting on the women's thread, LOL. At least Robert Earle checks in once an awhile.

Sol Diablo, keep up on the posts and best of luck on the future for ASU hockey. It's great to see the game grow.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Interesting article by a snowbird.......

https://thehockeynews.com/news/artic...what-you-think

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    You generally can't do that anymore. it's too warm now so the ice might make but it won't last long.
                    This has been a really bad winter for it. Could probably count on my hands the number of days that we’ve had skateable ice at the park near my house in the Milwaukee ’burbs.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Another interesting article about Arizona hockey growth.

https://www.statepress.com/article/2...e-desert-state

Comment

The new ASU hockey arena ranks as the number 1 college hockey arena to visit! Well this should be controversial being its not yet built........ I'm amazed it was rated at all being its barely a figment of imagination at this point.

https://www.si.com/college/bostoncol...e-hockey-rinks

Comment

The new ASU hockey arena ranks as the number 1 college hockey arena to visit! Well this should be controversial being its not yet built........ I'm amazed it was rated at all being its barely a figment of imagination at this point.

That writer INSTANTLY lost any cred when he put World Arena on the list -- one of the worst arenas I've ever been in, and zero atmosphere since they rarely put more than 4k into a 7500 seat facility. Their new arena, however, looks like it'll be a gem!

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                            That writer INSTANTLY lost any cred when he put World Arena on the list -- one of the worst arenas I've ever been in, and zero atmosphere since they rarely put more than 4k into a 7500 seat facility. Their new arena, however, looks like it'll be a gem!
                            Also, Matthews is not the oldest (myth)

Comment

I don’t think the writer of the article is actually ranking them. He/she Is listing the 10 arenas that they personally want to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                                I don’t think the writer of the article is actually ranking them. He/she Is listing the 10 arenas that they personally want to visit.
                                How do you visit an arena that's not there?
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X