Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Stillers lost to Tim Tebow

n’uff said
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Vikes must have no other options for X Rhodes' position.

Comment

Let's go Vikings.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Let's go Vikings.
          No chance.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            I believe the criteria being discussed was losing in the playoffs in spectacular fashion. I know the Lions have had a few gut-wrenching losses (1993 and 2014 jump out to me), but they really pale in comparison with the kings of this group: Minnesota and Buffalo.
            I do get that, but to somehow feel pity for yourself for losing the SB is pretty lame and weak for some fans. Sucks to lose, but at least you got the opportunity to lose. So many of us totally fail to feel sorry for anyone who has had a devastating loss in the SB. Or multiple ones. There are 4 teams who would love to be in your position. Wallow in your self pity all you want- it's your violin you have to listen to.

(not you, specifically, FS23- just those who have any kind of sadness for losing futility in the SB)

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              I do get that, but to somehow feel pity for yourself for losing the SB is pretty lame and weak for some fans. Sucks to lose, but at least you got the opportunity to lose. So many of us totally fail to feel sorry for anyone who has had a devastating loss in the SB. Or multiple ones. There are 4 teams who would love to be in your position. Wallow in your self pity all you want- it's your violin you have to listen to.

(not you, specifically, FS23- just those who have any kind of sadness for losing futility in the SB)
              I understand where you are coming from. However, there is something to be said for getting so close, and then seeing it slip through your fingers.

Again, if we are talking outright futility, the Vikings aren't even close to the top of that group (and the Lions likely do hold that title in the Super Bowl era). But, if the criteria is losing in spectacular fashion, they are one of the top couple of franchises...if not the top franchise. I think it really just depends on what criteria you are applying.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Minnesota Vikings are 0-2 all-time in OT in the Playoffs.

New Orleans Saints are 1-1 all-time in OT in the Playoffs.
                North Dakota

Comment

Make that 1-2 apiece.

Skol Vikings!!
                  North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    No chance.
                    Good take.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Good take.
                      It worked.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        I understand where you are coming from. However, there is something to be said for getting so close, and then seeing it slip through your fingers.

Again, if we are talking outright futility, the Vikings aren't even close to the top of that group (and the Lions likely do hold that title in the Super Bowl era). But, if the criteria is losing in spectacular fashion, they are one of the top couple of franchises...if not the top franchise. I think it really just depends on what criteria you are applying.
                        At least they were there and had the opportunity to win or lose. It's not the same as being so futile that you have never been there and it does not look to change in the next decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Bills
                          Patriots
                          Vikings - the better to torture a team's fans who are foolish enough not to expect the worst the following week.
                          Seahawks
                          Well, I’m 1-2 so far this week. Not bad for an MLB hitter.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            At least they were there and had the opportunity to win or lose. It's not the same as being so futile that you have never been there and it does not look to change in the next decade.
                            I completely agree that it is different. Hence why there are two different ways to look at it. One way, you have the Lions and the Browns. The other way, you have the Vikings and the Bills.
                            North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              It's not the same - that's the freaking point. As noted there's different ways to look at failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                It's not the same - that's the freaking point. As noted there's different ways to look at failure.
                                Agreed it is not the same. Lions and Browns (and frankly, since about 1990, the Bengals) never really had a chance to genuinely HOPE. That's the point. If my team is futile, and I know it, I just take it. But if my team offers me hope...that's a different story.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X