Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Uh, tackle much? That play was epic fail.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      How they missed that sack is beyond me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      It's the Bills.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Here's to hoping history repeats itself...

In 1987, the New Orleans Saints lost only 3 games, but were edged out for a first-round bye by the 49ers, who won 13 games. The Vikings captured the last playoff spot in the NFC, despite losing 3 of their 4, including to both Green Bay and Chicago. The Saints were a touchdown favorite at home against Minnesota in the wildcard round, and got out to a quick 7-0 lead. The Vikings largely dominated the rest of the game, outscoring New Orleans 44-3 en route to a 44-10 win. The following week, the Vikings traveled to #1 seed San Francisco and took down the 49ers to advance to the NFC Championship game. [/history repeating itself].

Also, on that same wildcard weekend, Houston won by a field goal in OT.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          Here's to hoping history repeats itself...

In 1987, the New Orleans Saints lost only 3 games, but were edged out for a first-round bye by the 49ers, who won 13 games. The Vikings captured the last playoff spot in the NFC, despite losing 3 of their 4, including to both Green Bay and Chicago. The Saints were a touchdown favorite at home against Minnesota in the wildcard round, and got out to a quick 7-0 lead. The Vikings largely dominated the rest of the game, outscoring New Orleans 44-3 en route to a 44-10 win. The following week, the Vikings traveled to #1 seed San Francisco and took down the 49ers to advance to the NFC Championship game. [/history repeating itself].

Also, on that same wildcard weekend, Houston won by a field goal in OT.
          So, you got my hopes up. How does it end?

I know it was a good year for college hockey.

Comment

Until 1990 (which the previous posts entail) MN owned the Charlie Brown title. Since then, Buffalo has owned it, and successfully defended that title tonight.

And due to today's result, let the record show that for the rest of the season, I say, "Skol!"
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              Dear MN,

We are apparently trying to hold on to the crown. You know what I mean.

Sincerely,
              Bills Fans
              I'm not going to argue, but in losing games that actually matter in spectacular fashion the Bills are no match for the Vikings.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I'm not going to argue, but in losing games that actually matter in spectacular fashion the Bills are no match for the Vikings.
                Might I remind you, that last game you lost, the big one, was completely on you (12th man).

1990 until now, you have zero argument. Zero. 1970-1990, you had the crown.

Comment

Might I remind you, that last game you lost, the big one, was completely on you (12th man).

1990 until now, you have zero argument. Zero. 1970-1990, you had the crown.
                  It's close, but I probably would agree with you that since 1990, the Bills have had the more spectacular fails:

Bills:
                  Super Bowl XXV - Missed 47 Yard Field Goal that would have won the Super Bowl.
                  Super Bowl XXVI - MVP loses his helmet before the team decides to take a collective dump in their helmet.
                  Super Bowl XXVII - Obliterated by the Cowboys.
                  Super Bowl XXVIII - 4th straight Super Bowl loss.
                  Music City Miracle
                  Today - Blow 16 point lead in second half, then rally to tie, then blow it again in OT.

Vikings:
                  1998 NFC Championship - Missed 38 Yard FG leads to Atlanta getting the tying score, then Vikings kneel to get to OT, where they lose.
                  2000 NFC Championship - 41-donut.
                  2009 NFC Championship - Too many men in the huddle as Vikings are driving for game winning score, then Favre pick. Saints then get FG in OT, which leads to rule change.
                  2015 Wildcard - Missed 27 Yard FG that would have won the game.
                  2017 NFC Championship - Score on first drive, then let Eagles score 38 unanswered, where Super Bowl would have basically been a home game.

Again, it's close, but since 1990, I'd take the Bills.

Of course, if you include the entire histories, the Vikings blow Buffalo out of the water.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    So, you got my hopes up. How does it end?

I know it was a good year for college hockey.
                    Well, if I get to write the finish, the Vikings then go into Green Bay in the NFC Championship game and embarrass the Packers, before erasing their postseasons' past in Super Bowl LIV, with a victory over the Chiefs...fifty years after the Vikings' first Super Bowl loss...to the Chiefs in Super Bowl IV.

Hockey ends well too.
                    North Dakota

Comment

It's close, but I probably would agree with you that since 1990, the Bills have had the more spectacular fails:

Bills:
                      Super Bowl XXV - Missed 47 Yard Field Goal that would have won the Super Bowl.
                      Super Bowl XXVI - MVP loses his helmet before the team decides to take a collective dump in their helmet.
                      Super Bowl XXVII - Obliterated by the Cowboys.
                      Super Bowl XXVIII - 4th straight Super Bowl loss.
                      Music City Miracle
                      Today - Blow 16 point lead in second half, then rally to tie, then blow it again in OT.

Vikings:
                      1998 NFC Championship - Missed 38 Yard FG leads to Atlanta getting the tying score, then Vikings kneel to get to OT, where they lose.
                      2000 NFC Championship - 41-donut.
                      2009 NFC Championship - Too many men in the huddle as Vikings are driving for game winning score, then Favre pick. Saints then get FG in OT, which leads to rule change.
                      2015 Wildcard - Missed 27 Yard FG that would have won the game.
                      2017 NFC Championship - Score on first drive, then let Eagles score 38 unanswered, where Super Bowl would have basically been a home game.

Again, it's close, but since 1990, I'd take the Bills.

Of course, if you include the entire histories, the Vikings blow Buffalo out of the water.
                      You have to look at eras, and that is where I'm coming from. I figure 20 year increments is fair, especially in this day and age of free agency, which really kicked in towards the late 80s/early 90s (Charles Haley, looking at you). The Bills haven't even won a playoff game since '95, and until 2 years ago, hadn't made the playoffs since '99. (BTW, the LAST team to make the playoffs in the 2000s, in the NFL)

Mike Lodish, Tom Brady, and Don Beebe share the title with Haley for most SB appearances on a related note.

Comment

Tennessee is Bellichicking the clock and Bellichick is ****ed...LOL
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          Tennessee is Bellichicking the clock and Bellichick is ****ed...LOL
                          As a casual fan, that sequence was frustrating. As a football fan, that was hilarious.

Comment

You have to look at eras, and that is where I'm coming from. I figure 20 year increments is fair, especially in this day and age of free agency, which really kicked in towards the late 80s/early 90s (Charles Haley, looking at you). The Bills haven't even won a playoff game since '95, and until 2 years ago, hadn't made the playoffs since '99. (BTW, the LAST team to make the playoffs in the 2000s, in the NFL)

Mike Lodish, Tom Brady, and Don Beebe share the title with Haley for most SB appearances on a related note.
                            Well, your eras don't really make sense. You want to use 20 year increments, but then use a 30 year increment to support your position (since 1990). If we are using 20 year increments, then we have 1961-1980 (Vikings in a landslide); 1981-2000 (Bills with a narrow W); and 2001-2020 (Vikings with a solid W). Again, the criteria being losing in the playoffs in spectacular fashion (if you want to talk overall futility, then neither team is really in the conversation).

As to your second point, Tom Brady has 9 Super Bowl Appearance. Lodish and Beebe have only 6, and Haley has only 5.
                            North Dakota

Comment

Well, your eras don't really make sense. You want to use 20 year increments, but then use a 30 year increment to support your position (since 1990). If we are using 20 year increments, then we have 1961-1980 (Vikings in a landslide); 1981-2000 (Bills with a narrow W); and 2001-2020 (Vikings with a solid W). Again, the criteria being losing in the playoffs in spectacular fashion (if you want to talk overall futility, then neither team is really in the conversation).

As to your second point, Tom Brady has 9 Super Bowl Appearance. Lodish and Beebe have only 6, and Haley has only 5.
                              I have to admit, I quick-googled the SB appearances, so my bad. Haley has six, according to the link I found.
                              And sh*, is IS 2020. Dammit. Fine. MN 1961 until 1990. Doesn't change my stance.

Comment

Odd to see pats players lose this game.

Edelman had the ball in his hands to keep the drive alive, didn’t do it. Then the D could have held T to 3 and out. But now that T has gotten 2 first downs, this is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X