Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    And the answer? Seattle’s defense on third down.
    A week ago in the pre-game Pete said the difference in the team was not the loss of the running game, it was the decline of the pass rush. This game bore that out.

Hard to be too upset. After the double dagger in game 15 I thought we were going to lose out. To play three great games against strong teams and win one was way more than I expected.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It’s been 12 years since the road team has won GB-Seattle, nine games in that span. 14 of 15 going back to 2000 have been won by the home team.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Pete Carroll has been coaching for forty-seven years and chose the option of "punt and try to stop Aaron Rodgers from getting two first downs in a playoff game"
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Pete Carroll has been coaching for forty-seven years and chose the option of "punt and try to stop Aaron Rodgers from getting two first downs in a playoff game"
          It almost worked. I agreed with the decision to punt in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Day by day?
            Rung by rung.

We're climbing Jacob's Ladder.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              It almost worked. I agreed with the decision to punt in this case.
              I think it's a really interesting question, although moot now.

Obviously the chances of Seattle converting on fourth down had to be pretty slim. I don't know what the NFL numbers show, but fourth and 10 or greater can't be great.

But a field goal by the Packers wouldn't kill Seattle, down five. If they turn it over on downs at wherever they were at (35?), Green Bay is really almost in field goal range anyway. Plus, the short field takes the deep throws like the one to Adams really almost off the board. It's easier to defend a short field.

My instinct at the time was to punt, but I can see good arguments in favor of going for it (including keeping the ball from Rodgers).
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

How much time was left when they punted?

Now that we're down to the final 4, I'm cool with any of them winning but in order of preference I'd say:

1) KC - long suffering loyal fans
                2) Tennessee - not as long suffering fans. Vrabel - Pats connection
                3) SF - Jimmy G all the way
                4) Green Bay - really don't need 9 bazillion more Aaron Rogers commercials.

Can't laugh enough at Baltimore and Harbaugh though. Whiny idiot!
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  What a BS call on that 1st down. That being said, I'm sure GB would have gotten the 1st down on the next play.
                  I’m a Packer fan, and I think he was a little short, however I agree that whatever the call on the field there was, stands — definitely not enough evidence to overturn.

The “after reviewing additional footage” BS, however, was laughable. Can’t make up the ineptness of the NFL.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    I’m a Packer fan, and I think he was a little short, however I agree that whatever the call on the field there was, stands — definitely not enough evidence to overturn.

The “after reviewing additional footage” BS, however, was laughable. Can’t make up the ineptness of the NFL.
                    I'm a Seahawks fan and I was not butthurt by the call -- it was a toss-up. TBH the GB TD call they didn't reverse earlier looked more suspect to me.

Now that nothing matters anymore I am KC all the way.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

His helmet barely reached the first down market if even that. Not buying it.

Comment

I think the biggest thing for TV viewers was that the yellow line was off. It was half a yard ahead of where the first down marker on the sideline was. It seemed pretty obvious he got the first down when looking at the camera that was directly in the first down marker on the field.

I agree with Kepler that the TD call would have stood regardless of how they call it on the field. But the fumble/recovery should have also gone Green Bay's way and that led to the first Seatlle FG.

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                          I think the biggest thing for TV viewers was that the yellow line was off. It was half a yard ahead of where the first down marker on the sideline was. It seemed pretty obvious he got the first down when looking at the camera that was directly in the first down marker on the field.

I agree with Kepler that the TD call would have stood regardless of how they call it on the field. But the fumble/recovery should have also gone Green Bay's way and that led to the first Seatlle FG.
                          Great point. How that’s not a clear recovery when he literally is holding the football is beyond me.

NFL gonna NFL, though.
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Luke Kuechly retires
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Great point. How that’s not a clear recovery when he literally is holding the football is beyond me.

NFL gonna NFL, though.
                              I think the general rule in the NFL is that unless it's a recovery out in the open, no "clear recovery" can occur. That is, if the football goes into a group of players, even if one seemingly is in the best position to come out of the scrum with it, or does come out of the scrum with it, there simply is no "clear recovery." I guess I kind of understand that.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                I think the general rule in the NFL is that unless it's a recovery out in the open, no "clear recovery" can occur. That is, if the football goes into a group of players, even if one seemingly is in the best position to come out of the scrum with it, or does come out of the scrum with it, there simply is no "clear recovery." I guess I kind of understand that.
                                In theory, one can make the argument that if you can't keep the ball at the bottom of the scrum, then you never really had possession of the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X