Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

it wasn't mookie!!!

trust him
    ...as far as you can throw him...

Comment

• Re: NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      ...as far as you can throw him...
      and mookie can be thrown far!!! not even 75kg
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

This has to be in the top ten stupid ways to die.

The California gunman who fatally shot a man at a pre-Super Bowl party opened fire because he mistook the San Francisco 49ers flag outside the victim’s home for a rival gang’s colors
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          This has to be in the top ten stupid ways to die.
          Well, the flag IS red in color.....
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Suffice to say I think the XFL has gained a few fans.

https://streamable.com/n55x7 (NSFW language)
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

This guy needs to be the Ed Sabol of the XFL.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I watched some yesterday- it's really not bad. Right now, week 1, I would place it in the range of top 10 NCAA play. But I really expect they will really be in between NCAA and NFL before too long.

So much different than the AAF (was that the one last year?) and the previous XFL. Some of the rule changes are pretty nice, especially the ones that keep the games short in real time.

If the NFL was smart, they would foster this to be the feeder league for players who hate college- as you can go to the XFL out of HS. It's certainly not going to threaten the NFL nor NCAA, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  I watched some yesterday- it's really not bad. Right now, week 1, I would place it in the range of top 10 NCAA play. But I really expect they will really be in between NCAA and NFL before too long.

So much different than the AAF (was that the one last year?) and the previous XFL. Some of the rule changes are pretty nice, especially the ones that keep the games short in real time.

If the NFL was smart, they would foster this to be the feeder league for players who hate college- as you can go to the XFL out of HS. It's certainly not going to threaten the NFL nor NCAA, that's for sure.
                  I agree the NFL needs to support this. It's free tryouts for the big show, to be blunt.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'd stress some caution though, never underestimate Vince McMahon's ability to screw up.

The stadium situation is kinda funny though. I'm surprised they went with MetLife instead of Red Bull Arena for New York. Still, it's funny to watch football paying to play in soccer stadiums. Would've thought that in 1996?
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      I'd stress some caution though, never underestimate Vince McMahon's ability to screw up.

The stadium situation is kinda funny though. I'm surprised they went with MetLife instead of Red Bull Arena for New York. Still, it's funny to watch football paying to play in soccer stadiums. Would've thought that in 1996?
                      Seems to me that if someone in Detroit can make a deal, the stadium at Wayne State would be the perfect size.

Still, mostly what I can see, Oliver Luck is doing more to really run things. Which means less BS things to pretend they are men (see the new kick off rule, which is really neat) and more pre-season practice.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        That was pretty much what the AAF was trying to position itself to be, but it takes 3 to 5 years to develop an established base and start turning a profit. NFL didn't bite on a deal with AAF because of that.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

That was pretty much what the AAF was trying to position itself to be, but it takes 3 to 5 years to develop an established base and start turning a profit. NFL didn't bite on a deal with AAF because of that.
                          That's true- but they really didn't have a business plan to sustain a league. Seems like this version of the XFL (which is a dumb name, considering the changes they have made) planned for audiences of up to 15k, and moderate TV audiences. And instead of front loading fans with hype, they seem to be looking to back load with the quality of play. That was not inept football at all. Not great, for sure. But the players that the NFL didn't give a chance to really took their opportunity. So far, at least.

Comment

NFL most likely going to 14 playoff teams next year.

Interesting that the bye teams didn't get paid for that weekend beforehand. So it literally paid to be worse?
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              NFL most likely going to 14 playoff teams next year.

Interesting that the bye teams didn't get paid for that weekend beforehand. So it literally paid to be worse?
                              Interesting they're moving to the exact playoff format that MLS started last season.

(Probably a coincidence but interesting nonetheless)
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Interesting they're moving to the exact playoff format that MLS started last season.

(Probably a coincidence but interesting nonetheless)
                                Interesting MLS moved to the exact format Big Ten hockey did in 2018.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X