Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 8: Candidates Can Only Work for A Vegan Farm Market

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I gotta tell you, the numbers people say they exist so OK I will believe they exist. But I have no idea who such a person could be. The only people I can think of are sexist, probably fundy Christian, blacks. Are there really that many of them? Or is this a combination of replacement by motivation (Dem turnout down in the rust belt, GOP turnout up, but nobody actually switches) or Operation Chaos (Republican voters say they voted for Obama to put the wind up).

I have a very difficult time imagining what else could go on inside a brain that voted for Obama and Dump.
    Well black turnout was way down, especially in Milwaukee, that's well known.
    Briahna Joy Gray: In a University of Wisconsin-Madison study cited by Malaika in her Current Affairs article, when asked why they didn’t vote 33% of black Milwaukee non-voters said that they were unhappy with the choice of candidates or issues. 8.8% said that they were not interested, and 6.6% said their vote would not have mattered. Voter suppression is an important factor in many parts of the country, but fewer than 4% of respondents said that they did not have adequate photo ID, were told at a polling place that ID was inadequate, or that lines were too long. A Pew Research Center poll of all non-voters showed the same thing. A quarter of registered voters who did not vote in 2016 said the main reason was dislike of the candidates or the issues. Another 15% said they didn’t think their vote would make a difference.
    Malaika Jabali: There are many things, and I’m going to put my attorney hat here because there’s rarely just kind of one answer to some of this stuff. There’s unprecedented segregation, there’s unprecedented numbers of black people who were going through foreclosure in Wisconsin. They have the highest black male incarceration rate in the country in Wisconsin, the highest black male joblessness rate in the country in Wisconsin. A lot of these things lead to civil unrest, but there’s something undergirding it, not just thinking about police repression, but what is that match point. If people are feeling disillusioned from the state policies and the state police issue, you would consider that that might have some impact on whether or not people go to the polls.
    As far as Obama to Trump voters, that's harder to say though he did hit the right buttons on things like NAFTA rather than saying America is already great, so something like that might've won some converts.

Comment

• Re: Democratic Challengers 8: Candidates Can Only Work for A Vegan Farm Market

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Lol

There are probably a lot of things about Melissa from Algona that are difficult to explain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Lol

Jfc
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Maybe don't interview dumb phuks from Iowa...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Maybe don't interview Iowans...
              Fixed. No need to be redundant.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Fixed. No need to be redundant.
                That's my line!!

(To be fair it's been more often used on Wisconsin)

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  That's my line!!

(To be fair it's been more often used on Wisconsin)
                  Had to be on top of that one, bro-hiem.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Jfc
                    That woman is, and I am using a poli sci term of art here, a moron.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Our system makes them more important than 90% of the urban, educated voters in our country because Yay Rurals!!!
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Maher has Andrew yang tonight along with pelosi

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Maher has Andrew yang tonight along with pelosi
                          I'm glad he's back.

Yang has been touring; he was on Colbert Wednesday. He's getting better at this.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Meh. As the 2nd biggest elitist snob on the board (**** Kepler ) the Iowans might be useful. Many people talk about Wisconsin being the deciding state of 2020 but if you can get Iowa back, which voted Dem in 5 of the previous 6 elections I believe, that makes WI less critical. If the price to pay for that support is kissing some hayseed butt via the first in the nation caucus every 4 years, so be it. I tip my cap to the yokels for setting things up this way.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Oh by all means tell them they're great. Tell everybody they're great. Pander to every bunch of inbred morons in the voter pool. Tell them, I dunno, their corn (IA) is the best or their beer (WI) or their slums (MI) or their buxom underage blondes (MN)... whatever gets the rubes to the polls.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Oh by all means tell them they're great. Tell everybody they're great. Pander to every bunch of inbred morons in the voter pool. Tell them, I dunno, their corn (IA) is the best or their beer (WI) or their slums (MI) or their buxom underage blondes (MN)... whatever gets the rubes to the polls.
                                You're great, Kep.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X