X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    More lies.

None of that is true or has ever happened or been posted by me. I just posted that I liked Yang and I hope he is given consideration for a cabinet position. Been vilified ever since. Just like I was vilified for my dislike of a certain small town mayor.

Yet, here I am, one of the few who can state that he voted proudly for Gore, Kerry, and Clinton.
    Yes...poor you...
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      No, but I do find the double standard silly.
      Welcome to politics ********.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: Democratic Challengers 8: Candidates Can Only Work for A Vegan Farm Market

Yang sucks but at least he hasn’t floated the idea of having a republican VP like Biden.

Comment

• Re: Democratic Challengers 8: Candidates Can Only Work for A Vegan Farm Market

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          Yang sucks but at least he hasn’t floated the idea of having a republican VP like Biden.
          I think it's a bad idea, but playing Devil's advocate here....what if he does, and secures a sure win for the Ds. What real power does the VP have? It actually might (might) pacify some righties...with no real effect.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            I think it's a bad idea, but playing Devil's advocate here....what if he does, and secures a sure win for the Ds. What real power does the VP have? It actually might (might) pacify some righties...with no real effect.
            At Biden’s age, the VP could have a long single term in office.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Just like Obama appointing longtime Republican Chuck Hagel as Secretary of Defense pacified some of them. Oh wait...

Comment

Whatever the strategy or ticket, we need to get someone in the WH before RBG checks out. Other important reasons too, but that . . . .

Comment

They have the tiebreaker in the senate, it’s really ****ing important to NOT have a republican VP in fact it’s mind boggling levels of stupidity.
                  Originally posted by burd View Post
                  Whatever the strategy or ticket, we need to get someone in the WH before RBG checks out. Other important reasons too, but that . . . .
                  The Supreme Court is already lost for a generation and anything short of court packing or maybe term limits isn’t going to fix that.
                  Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-01-2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

It doesnt matter, he isnt actually going to have a VP just like McCain wasnt going to have Joe Lieberman as his VP. If Joe wasnt a complete idiot I would say he was trolling the Bernie Bots when he said that

Since he is a moron, he probably just said something stupid
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Biden isn't a moron, he's just an old, old pol playing from an old, old playbook.

It does say something, however, that his instinct is he tack farther right for veep. What he needs to do is take Warren or Bernie or some mythical woman of color equivalent (Abrams?), tack left, and energize the portion of the party that isn't busing to the polls from a nursing home.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Castro drops.

Comment

I don't think Biden's point was that he prefers to have a Republican on his ticket. It sounds more like he's pointing out that there is not one reasonable person left in that party that he'd even consider. This is of course a soft pitch to McCain voters still PO'd that Chump continues to attack him even after he passed away.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Castro drops.
                            I'm surprised what a nothingburger he turned out to be.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              I don't think Biden's point was that he prefers to have a Republican on his ticket. It sounds more like he's pointing out that there is not one reasonable person left in that party that he'd even consider. This is of course a soft pitch to McCain voters still PO'd that Chump continues to attack him even after he passed away.
                              I get that. But the very fact that he thinks that's an executable strategy tells me his head is still pre-1994.

Maybe that will work out well for him (and us). Maybe voters will look at him, shrug, and think, "Let's repeal the last 25 years. Let's do Clinton again, this time without the BJ."
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I get that. But the very fact that he thinks that's an executable strategy tells me his head is still pre-1994.

Maybe that will work out well for him (and us). Maybe voters will look at him, shrug, and think, "Let's repeal the last 25 years. Let's do Clinton again, this time without the BJ."
                                Great concept, but Triangulation will never work now. Gingrich killed that idea.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X