Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 8: Candidates Can Only Work for A Vegan Farm Market

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Let the debt gradually inflate down to trivial levels in a few decades.
    That's about the only non-cataclysmic way out of the red number we have: Quit borrowing, and then grow the economy (effectively inflating the debt down).

But about 500 or so members of Congress can't get re-elected if they stop borrowing and end the largess to their sponsors.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Re: Democratic Challengers 8: Candidates Can Only Work for A Vegan Farm Market

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      But about 500 or so members of Congress can't get re-elected if they stop borrowing and end the largess to their sponsors.
      Voters actually do make sacrifices sometimes. They will only do it when the cause is legitimate, however. We need to educate people as to the lethality of having a rich parasitic ruling class in this country. And both the Left and the Right need to be on board.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If Democrats are going to talk about the debt than they've already lost. They've tried that now for the past 30 years and the GOP keeps spending it. And it hasn't changed a single vote. Stop.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          If Democrats are going to talk about the debt than they've already lost. They've tried that now for the past 30 years and the GOP keeps spending it. And it hasn't changed a single vote. Stop.
          I would not campaign on "stopping" the debt. I would campaign showing that debt is the Republican Santa Claus and force them to PayGo all their bullsh-t waste both new and retroactive. We don't do that right now because our own Members use the same strategy to lard their pork through. So we get Dem Members racking up millions in debt while GOP Members rack up trillions.

You have to blow the lid off it all, but doing that means defying the DNC and the Captured Beltway Media and raiding the whole crap game. And only somebody like Bernie or Warren is going to do that.
          Last edited by Kepler; 01-09-2020, 12:05 PM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And only somebody like Bernie or Warren is going to do that.
            Exactly. And until that happens were all handcuffed into this box where plutocracy reigns and centrists run around bragging about all that awesome legislation they can get passed by crossing the aisle.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You have to blow the lid off it all, but doing that means defying the DNC and the Captured Beltway Media and raiding the whole crap game. And only somebody like Bernie or Warren is going to do that.
              I keep hearing that Warren is just Republican Lite, so why would she defy the machine?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                I keep hearing that Warren is just Republican Lite
                Except nobody says that.

I don't understand the need people have to stir up sh-t. It was cute when we had a sane world but now that there are stakes please stop.
                Cornell University

Comment

Except nobody says that.

I don't understand the need people have to stir up sh-t. It was cute when we had a sane world but now that there are stakes please stop.
                  trix on line 1 for you Kep!
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

[The money is gone.]

Actually, it isn't. It's in the Caymans with the other $50T the 1% have looted. All we need do is go get it. They stole it. It isn't theirs.

"Moral hazard" isn't recovering it. It's letting the crooks get away with it. The fact that they used the government to steal it doesn't make it any more legitimate than when Marcos or Putin or Milosevic or Magabe or Suharto did it.
                    I said that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      trix on line 1 for you Kep!
                      I am way more extreme than trix so if you guys are going to hurl brickbats bring it.

The point is when we quote the most extreme and ill-considered responses as if they were the effective positions of large sets of people on our side, the only people who benefit are the other side.

Assume our coalition is made up of four groups, Radical Left (RL), Left (L), Center-Left (CL), and Trolling Righty Pretending to be Left (T). (Let's give these four groups fictitious names: RL: Kepler, L: dx, CL: Handy, and T: Rube.)

The breakdown of these groups on the Left is about:

.20 RL
                      .30 L
                      .40 CL
                      .10 T

But whenever RL makes a dumb comment, CL and T smear L with it. And whenever T makes a stupid incendiary troll, RL and L smear CL with it.

Stahp!

Ignore T. If you must, for balance, also ignore RL. (Narrator: they should not have ignored RL).

Stop using the fringe to de-legitimize the center of the curve. My advice to L and CL is start working together you morons.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 01-09-2020, 02:17 PM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Except nobody says that.
                        The Bernie Bro on my Facebook feed does.

Comment

I am way ore extreme than trix so if you guys are going to hurl brickbats bring it.
                          No you aren't. You're nuts , but you're also "Blue No Matter Who". Trix is "Bernie or Bust" and I get the vibe he might stay home if he doesn't get his man at the top of the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            No you aren't. You're nuts , but you're also "Blue No Matter Who". Trix is "Bernie or Bust" and I get the vibe he might stay home if he doesn't get his man at the top of the ticket.
                            I don't get that vibe at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              I don't get that vibe at all.
                              I do. If we're lucky trix just stays home. Its 50/50 between that and him voting Trump (again?)!
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I voted for Hillary despite how much I rail on her so...

Also I'm not in a swing state so acting like I lost Hillary the election is something I would expect from the resident dunce.

Comment

Working...
                                X