Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 8: Candidates Can Only Work for A Vegan Farm Market

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Nice exchange between Warren and Bernie after debate. Dems will eat there own once again
    Or everything will be blown out of proportion for 15 minutes and then people will remember who the real enemy is.

The "disarray" narrative is bunk. We're going to all pull together. Alarmism over every harsh word only enrichens the media and emboldens the orcs.
    Last edited by Kepler; 01-16-2020, 08:34 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: Democratic Challengers 8: Candidates Can Only Work for A Vegan Farm Market

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Or everything will be blown out of proportion 15 minutes and then people will remember who the real enemy is.

The "disarray" narrative is bunk. We're going to all pull together. Alarmism over every harsh word only enrichens the media and emboldens the orcs.
      Yup. Its entirely possible two people have a different recollection of a conversation from 4 years ago. No big deal unless we choose to do the GOP or media's bidding and make it one.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        That was dumb. I'm sickened by it.
        Wut?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Yup. Its entirely possible two people have a different recollection of a conversation from 4 years ago. No big deal unless we choose to do the GOP or media's bidding and make it one.
          This is exactly it.

Bernie might have said it in a dejected emulation of scooby. Warren might have heard it to be more of an attack on women.

I’m not sure I believe that Bernie would say a woman couldn’t win in the way some in the media are playing this. But I also wasn’t there. So they should settle this over a glass of maple syrup (or whatever you northeasterners do to settle disgareements)
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            or whatever you northeasterners do to settle disgareements)
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Primary voting opens up next week in MN. It'll be the first primary vote in the state since 1992. The issue lawmakers are having here is that you have to publicly avow a party affiliation to be given a ballot at the polling office or if you're going to pick up an absentee ballot. There have been discussions about how this information can be used and abused by not only the political parties and their operatives, but any Average Joe who wants to sow some discord with his/her neighbors. The MN legislature is already discussing changes to the law.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Primary voting opens up next week in MN. It'll be the first primary vote in the state since 1992. The issue lawmakers are having here is that you have to publicly avow a party affiliation to be given a ballot at the polling office or if you're going to pick up an absentee ballot. There have been discussions about how this information can be used and abused by not only the political parties and their operatives, but any Average Joe who wants to sow some discord with his/her neighbors. The MN legislature is already discussing changes to the law.
                Seriously? We went to a closed primary? I thought we were smarter than that.
                Code:

Comment

It's almost a Michigan tradition for both parties to screw around in any open primary or old caucuses (Sanders 2016, McCain 2000, Romney 2008, Jackson 1988, 2008 Democratic nonsense)
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Seriously? We went to a closed primary? I thought we were smarter than that.
                    During 2016 and 2018, the caucus process was demonized by most of the people attending them. The future primaries, after this year and assuming the state legislature gets its **** together, will require you to vote for one party and only one party, but your voter affiliation will not be made public by simply casting a primary vote.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

The future primaries, after this year and assuming the state legislature gets its **** together, will require you to vote for one party and only one party, but your voter affiliation will not be made public by simply casting a primary vote.
                      Why not combine the primaries and have voters choose one candidate for every office? That way you can cross party lines selectively but never vote in both primaries for any office?
                      Cornell University

Comment

Why not combine the primaries and have voters choose one candidate for every office? That way you can cross party lines selectively but never vote in both primaries for any office?
                        I think that's what it will become, a single ballot with all candidates, but you have to stick with a single party or your ballot becomes invalid.

NOTE: This is all what I picked up during the MPR report while driving to my park and ride.

Comment

I think that's what it will become, a single ballot with all candidates, but you have to stick with a single party or your ballot becomes invalid.
                          I'm not sure why there is an emphasis on this. If Joe Too Much Time on His Hands wants to cross the aisle and sabotage the District Water Commission Ombudsman nomination, let him go wild.

Is this parties stomping their feet and yelling no girls allowed in our treehouse!?
                          Last edited by Kepler; 01-16-2020, 09:37 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Or everything will be blown out of proportion for 15 minutes and then people will remember who the real enemy is.
                            yeah, just like Hillary and her emailz

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              yeah, just like Hillary and her emailz
                              Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. If people fall for that schit again, they get what's coming to them.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. If people fall for that schit again, they get what's coming to them.
                                Where do people get their info? It isnt like the media has learned their lesson about that stuff. (except those trying to cash in o the "I was wrong" movement) Unless people do more than watch TV and read the paper to get their news it is highly likely they will fall for this crap.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X